• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Please help me! National dex script

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I've been told to use ASM before when changing oaks movement script

You were misinformed, it's all done by scripting (both normal 'S' tiles and level scripts).

Will this work.....

#dyn 0x740000
    #org @main
    lock
    faceplayer
    message @upgradepokedex
    callstd MSG_NORMAL
    special FR_NATIONAL_DEX
    release
    end

Looks alright - some syntax is a bit weird, since I would normally use:

#dynamic 0x740000
    #org @main
    lock
    faceplayer
    message @upgradepokedex 0x6
    special 0x16F
    release
    end

#org @upgradepokedex
    = I'll upgrade your Pokedex for you.

Of course, if that's the correct short-hand/shortcut that XSE has in its std files (I never seem to use them XD) then it should work either way! Just make sure you copy the @main address to the person event, not the @upgradepokedex.

You could look into adding flags, so once he has set your national dex up he will say something else :). This tutorial, that iv0 linked, is fantastic and should help!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Thanks guys! I think I'm starting to understand a bit better now... Still crazy confusing lol but thanks guys for all the support! How do I go about changing my title screen? I am finishing creepy black version and i want to put ghost sprite instea of chsrizard and change title to creepy black version and have blue flames instead if red flames. Is it even worth trying or is it jus too difficult for beginners , such as myself. Thanks again dudes y'all saved my rom hack! LoL
    Waffa

Back