• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please help me with my team!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • Please help me with my team. All constructive criticism is appreciated.

Pokemon 1:
    Tyranitar Lv100
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Sand Stream
    HP:339
    Atk:367
    Def:251
    Sp Atk:190
    Sp Def:232
    Spd:243
    Item: Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 6 Hp
    Stone Edge
    Superpower
    Pursuit
    Crunch

Pokemon 2:
    Metagross Lv100
    Nature: Relaxed
    Ability: Clear Body
    HP:318
    Atk:340
    Def:392
    Sp Atk:273
    Sp Def:267
    Spd:210
    Item: Leftovers
    EVs: ?
    Earthquake
    Ice Punch
    Meteor Mash
    Thunderpunch

Pokemon 3:
    Gliscor Lv100
    Ability: Sand Veil
    HP:354
    Atk:226
    Def:287
    Sp Atk:113
    Sp Def:186
    Spd:317
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Hp, 6 Def
    Taunt
    Earthquake
    Roost
    Toxic

Pokemon 4:
    Sceptile Lv100
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Overgrow
    HP:343
    Atk:225
    Def:200
    Sp Atk:309
    Sp Def:269
    Spd:372
    Item: Choice Specs
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Sp Atk, ?
    Focus Blast
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Dragon Pulse
    Energy Ball

Pokemon 5:
    Gyarados Lv100
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Intimidate
    HP:313
    Atk:380
    Def:182
    Sp Atk:135
    Sp Def:235
    Spd:261
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 6 Def
    Dragon Dance
    Stone Edge
    Bounce
    Waterfall

Pokemon 6:
    ?

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2012
    First off, where's Stealth Rock? It's the best move in the game, are you sure you want to give it up?

Next, on to the individual Pokemon.

Tyranitar
    All leads should be able to set up Stealth Rock, prevent the opposing lead from setting it up, or lock the opponent into SR so that you get a free turn. Your Tyranitar does none of these. Furthermore, having a Scarf removes any surprise factors Tyranitar has - your opponent will see that Tyranitar outsped their lead and deduce it has a Scarf, and just switch in something that resists whatever attack you used.
    Choice Scarf Tyranitar is not a bad Pokemon, but it certainly doesn't belong in the lead spot.

Metagross
    Why Relaxed? You're not using any special attacks at all, nor Trick Room, so using a -SpA nature is strictly better.
    I've never seen a quad-attacking Metagross, but if you want to use it, use Adamant, and stick a Choice item or Expert Belt on it.
    Jirachi has higher Speed (which makes it better as a revenge killer) and Electivire has better coverage.

Gliscor
    OK, standard set.

Sceptile
    Any reason for using it over other special attackers, like Gengar, Starmie or Roserade? Overgrow isn't a good reason because you have no way of reliably getting to under 1/3 (i.e. Substitute). Gengar can run a similar moveset and has Trick to boot.

Gyarados
    OK, standard set. Bounce is a good choice for crippling switch-ins.

Your last member could be Infernape. It has Fire moves for hitting Steels, and can weaken potential counters enough for the rest of your team to sweep.

Your team would have trouble with levitating Steel types (Bronzong, Skarmory) because you have no Fire moves. Other Steels not weak to Earthquake also stand a decent chance (Forretress, Scizor).
    Rotom and Zapdos wall most of your Pokemon as well - those with Substitute don't fear Bounce's paralysis or Toxic.
    Gliscor can stop setup attempts but Kingdra will walk all over it. If it DDs, Sceptile won't be fast enough to hit it with Dragon Pulse.

Lastly, unless you have a very good reason, make sure you include Stealth Rock. Gliscor or Metagross can sacrifice a move slot for it.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • I can try to help. My comments will be in BOLD:

Pokemon 1:
    Tyranitar Lv100
    Ability: Sand Stream
    HP:339
    Atk:367
    Def:251
    Sp Atk:190
    Sp Def:232
    Spd:243
    Item: Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 6 Hp
    Stone Edge
    Superpower
    Pursuit/Earthquake
    Crunch/Earthquake

I highly suggest Earthquake on this Tyranitar, as it's too good of a move to not include. The move to replace is up to you. Looks good otherwise.

Pokemon 2:
    Metagross Lv100
    Nature: Relaxed
    Ability: Clear Body
    HP:318
    Atk:340
    Def:392
    Sp Atk:273
    Sp Def:267
    Spd:210
    Item: Leftovers/Choice Band/Life Orb
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
    Earthquake
    Ice Punch
    Meteor Mash
    Thunderpunch

The EV spread maximizes your bulk while still being able to dish out your attacks. As an alternative to Leftovers, Choice Band or Life Orb work well as items.

Pokemon 3:
    Gliscor Lv100
    Ability: Sand Veil
    HP:354
    Atk:226
    Def:287
    Sp Atk:113
    Sp Def:186
    Spd:317
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Hp, 6 Def
    Taunt
    Earthquake
    Roost/Stealth Rock
    Toxic/Stealth Rock

I highly suggest giving Gliscor Stealth Rock and putting it in your lead position. This will allow it to get off SR as quickly as possible. And with Taunt, you can keep other Pokemon from setting up their own SR.

Pokemon 4:
    Sceptile Lv100
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Overgrow
    HP:343
    Atk:225
    Def:200
    Sp Atk:309
    Sp Def:269
    Spd:372
    Item: Choice Specs
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Sp Atk, 6 HP
    Focus Blast
    Hidden Power Fire
    Dragon Pulse
    Energy Ball

Not too bad here. Although consider HP Fire instead of Ice, as you already have something that works against dragons in the form of Dragon Pulse. And HP Fire can hit things like Skarmory, Scizor, and Forretress.

Pokemon 5:
    Gyarados Lv100
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Intimidate
    HP:313
    Atk:380
    Def:182
    Sp Atk:135
    Sp Def:235
    Spd:261
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 6 Def
    Dragon Dance
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Waterfall

Earthquake is a far better choice over Bounce, as EQ can hit Gyarados's Electric weakness, as well as Steel types that resist its other moves.

Pokemon 6:
    ?

Hope that helped. As far as Pokemon 6, maybe a rapid spinner like Starmie or Forrtress? This can spin away your opponent's Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes.

And as Dude22376, a Fire type is gonna also be a good choice. If you don't like Infernape's frail defenses, then Heatran is also a good choice. It's also immune to the Sandstorm Tyranitar will whip up.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    First off, where's Stealth Rock? It's the best move in the game, are you sure you want to give it up?

Next, on to the individual Pokemon.

Tyranitar
    All leads should be able to set up Stealth Rock, prevent the opposing lead from setting it up, or lock the opponent into SR so that you get a free turn. Your Tyranitar does none of these. Furthermore, having a Scarf removes any surprise factors Tyranitar has - your opponent will see that Tyranitar outsped their lead and deduce it has a Scarf, and just switch in something that resists whatever attack you used.
    Choice Scarf Tyranitar is not a bad Pokemon, but it certainly doesn't belong in the lead spot.

Metagross
    Why Relaxed? You're not using any special attacks at all, nor Trick Room, so using a -SpA nature is strictly better.
    I've never seen a quad-attacking Metagross, but if you want to use it, use Adamant, and stick a Choice item or Expert Belt on it.
    Jirachi has higher Speed (which makes it better as a revenge killer) and Electivire has better coverage.

Gliscor
    OK, standard set.

Sceptile
    Any reason for using it over other special attackers, like Gengar, Starmie or Roserade? Overgrow isn't a good reason because you have no way of reliably getting to under 1/3 (i.e. Substitute). Gengar can run a similar moveset and has Trick to boot.

Gyarados
    OK, standard set. Bounce is a good choice for crippling switch-ins.

Your last member could be Infernape. It has Fire moves for hitting Steels, and can weaken potential counters enough for the rest of your team to sweep.

Your team would have trouble with levitating Steel types (Bronzong, Skarmory) because you have no Fire moves. Other Steels not weak to Earthquake also stand a decent chance (Forretress, Scizor).
    Rotom and Zapdos wall most of your Pokemon as well - those with Substitute don't fear Bounce's paralysis or Toxic.
    Gliscor can stop setup attempts but Kingdra will walk all over it. If it DDs, Sceptile won't be fast enough to hit it with Dragon Pulse.

Lastly, unless you have a very good reason, make sure you include Stealth Rock. Gliscor or Metagross can sacrifice a move slot for it.

Stealth Rock doesn't necessarily have to be on your lead Pokemon.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Stealth Rock doesn't necessarily have to be on your lead Pokemon.

He was trying to say that leads have to have a purpose, whether it's preventing your opponent from setting up SR, getting it up yourself, or just gaining momentum for yourself. He even mentions later that they could put SR on Metagross or Gliscor.

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
  • If you want your team overall to be quick battles (AKA. High Attack, High Sp.Attack), you should have a good fighting type in your lineup as well (Machamp, etc.) If you want a overall team that is good at surviving attacks (AKA. High Defense/HP) You might need a normal type with lots of HP.(Blissey, Snorlax, etc.) So it depends on what is overall in your battle style.

Back