• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] (Please, HELP!) Memory troubles!

Years
  • Hi guys.
    I'm practically new at ROM Hacking, but i know about a few things...

So, i was editing with HxD my Firered Hack, what i wanted to do is make the Music play at a higher quality, changing the Frequency/Sample Rate of DirectSound playback from 14kHz. (13379 Hz.) to 42kHz. (42048 Hz.).
    I suceed with that, with some bugs that i can fix but it worked.
    And, here's come the big problem:
    Making the game renderize the music and sounds at a higher Sample Rate make the game use more memory, and now it runs tooo slower...
    I want to know... How do i fix that?

I know about another GBA games that used higher quality audio than 16Khz at least (Like Dragon Ball Supersonic Warriors, Medabots AX, and Megaman Zero Saga per example)
    And even a Pokémon Hack (Pokémon Clover) that also made it as well, playing it at full speed!

I have in know that there are GBA Games that used additional RAM Memory inside the Cartridge, maybe do that work for that?
    I tried to at least compare a thing or two about some games Sappy Engine hex values (Like that Hack, or Megaman Zero) to maybe see a way to use extended memory but i just don't know enough about this... :c

Does anyone know anything about that? I'll really apreciate any answer!
    Thanks in Advance!

Back