• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Please rate my Battle Tower team!!!

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Hi. Part of my battle tower team at level 100 includes-

Mewtwo- Psychic, Ice Beam, Recover, Submission @Twistedspoon

Mew- Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Psychic @Brightpowder

I also have-

Jolteon- Hidden Power^Electric^, Thunderbolt, Reflect, Thunder Wave

Machamp- Earthquake, Cross Chop, Ice Punch, Vital Throw @Focus Band

Tyranitar- Earthquake, Surf, Crunch, Rock Slide

Houndoom- Flamethrower, Crunch, Sunny Day, Solarbeam @Charcoal

If you think this team has to be modified, whether it's the pokemon or their moves, post here. And if this is in the wrong place, could a mod please move this thread to its appropriate place? Thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
    Pretty good mostly but there's a few flaws.
    Mewtwo-Where's Recover? Anything that can learn Recover should have it.
    Jolteon-Lose the HP Electric. It already knows a much better Electric move and HP is so weak it's only useful for covering weaknesses anyway.
    Machamp-Lose Ice Punch, teach it Rock Slide if possible. Machamp's Special Attack is pretty low so it won't be enough to ohko most Flying types.
    Besides those flaws, the rest is pretty good:)

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2005
    I'll try a rate,

Mewtwo: Looks pretty good, but I would switch Twistedspoon for Leftovers.

Mew: Hmm, Metronome, I would switch that out for RBY TM 41 Softboiled, You could also switch Ancientpower and Earthquake for Ice Beam and Thunderbolt (RBY TMS/ Crystal Move Tutor), but, it's up to you.

Jolteon: Not sure if Reflect is a good idea, since you just have electric moves, and you know electric moves have no effect on ground type, maybe try something like Swagger or Attract (if Female) over Hidden Power Electric.

Machamp: Cross Chop and Vital Throw?, I would get rid of on of them and swap it for Detect/Protect or Rest (attach Mint Berry), and Put Rock Slide over Ice Punch.

Tyranitar: Attach Mint Berry and Rest over Surf.

Houndoom: Looks Good, Nice Idea!

Back