• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please Rate My Old Ruby team

Chiyo

heh.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    I would love it for someone to rate my team.
    Well, it's from my oldest (but best!) file:
    Kyogre:Lv. 84.
    Moves:
    Calm Mind
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Thunder

Mawile:Lv. 67.
    Moves:
    Solarbeam
    ???(the rest I forgot..WAHHH!!!!!)

Gardevoir: Lv. 67
    Moves:
    Phychic
    Psybeam
    ???

Sceptile: Lv. 67
    Leaf Blade
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    uh...hey, where's the rest of the team?

you're using a legend which I consider cheap but hey it's your world right?

I like your Sceptile, seems like you took a long time breeding in those
    moves, but I didn't know it could learn Crunch...oh well

yeah, other than your sceptile your other pokemon seem to need a lot of work

I'll give you a 3/10

'cuz you didn't post a complete team, you're using a legend but I
    still like your Sceptile a lot

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    It maybe an old team, but still perhaps flip through the advanced trainer's guide in the RS section to check on some basic info to the start of team making ^_^; for example, having both psybeam and psychic is a big no no...

Kyogre- [speed + / atk -] @ lum berry
    EV: Sp.atk and speed
    -hydro pump/water spout
    -thunder
    -ice beam
    -ancientpower/rest

Ancientpower is sometimes used just in case of Shedinja... who is famous for being a Kyogre mauler. Hydro Pump/Water Spout should be used for more brutal power. Boost your speed with personality in order to gain the sweepage speed Kyogre is slightly lacking on.

Mawile- well... can't do much here hey? I made a set for it in another thread regarding NUs and UUs...

Gardevoir- [sp.atk + / atk-] @ lum berry
    -will o wisp/thunderwave
    -thunderbolt
    -psychic
    -destiny bond/light screen/wish
    (feel free to add in calm mind somewhere too)

Gardevoir can do too many things... so many that it's so scary.

Sceptile- [def or sp.def + / atk or sp.atk -] @ leftovers
    -leech seed
    -sub
    -2 of the following: protect, toxic, leaf blade, aerial ace, earthquake, crunch, dragon claw, brick break, quick attack

Excellent leech seed abuser... some peopel do have it as special sweeper but then... not the best one there is out there for pure special sweeping. I have seen a physical sceptile which completely took me by surprise before... o.o; aerial ace should be used just to have something to use against Ludicolo (the most famous leech seed user, equal with Celebi)

Darkened Absol

Dark Absol
    Years
    Kyogre:Lv. 84.
    Moves:
    Calm Mind
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Thunder

hmm, Pretty good, but i'd take off surf for a PP maxed water spout. After all it is the strongest water attack in the game. Maybe you may want to take off thunder for sheer cold, in case you start losing and can use sheer cold as a last resort

Mawile:Lv. 67.
    Moves:
    Solarbeam
    ???(the rest I forgot..WAHHH!!!!!)

Well, i'd give it stockpile, swallow, Fake Tears and Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt. Start by stockpiling on the first move in case u take major damage. Then use fake tears with ft/tb/ib for a mean special attacker

Gardevoir: Lv. 67
    Moves:
    Phychic
    Psybeam
    ???

Maybe give it Calm Mind and take off ??? for torment or imprison. You don't really need psybeam since you have already got psychic so y not take it off for will-o-wisp

Sceptile: Lv. 67
    Leaf Blade
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw

I like the Sceptile, but in my oppion i'd let it have: Leech Seed, Crunch, Protect, Earthquake/Giga Drain

Back