• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please rate my Sapphire team!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 25, 2004
    Well, this is my team. I would really appreciate it if you could give me a few suggestions. Thank you! :)

Inferno (Blaziken) Level 90; Female
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Hardy Ability: Blaze
    Techniques:
    Earthquake
    Brick Break
    Mirroir Move
    Blaze Kick

Obsidian (Absol) Level 90; Female
    Item: Chesto Berry
    Nature: Naughty Ability: Pressure
    Techniques:
    Aireal Ace
    Shadow Ball
    Rest
    Swords Dance

Serenity (Milotic) Level 90; Female
    Item: --
    Nature: Docile Ability: Marvel Scale
    Techniques:
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Recover
    Attract

Apocalypse (Rayquaza) Level 90; Genderless
    Nature: Hardy Ability: Air Lock
    Techniques:
    Fly
    Rest
    Dragon Claw
    Return

Manectric Level 90; Female
    Item: Stirus Berry (I don't remember if this is the what it's holding on to.)
    Nature: Adamant Ability: Don't remember
    Techniques:
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Quick Attack/Charge
    Bite
    I am extremely unhappy with this moveset. Could anyone suggest a better one?

WindRider (Swellow) Level 90; Female
    Nature: Careful Ability: Guts
    Techniques:
    Aireal Ace
    Endeavor
    Toxic
    Protect :D

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • We really appreciate it if your "DREAM TEAM" is posted instead of your current team in progress. It's a lot easier for you if you fix up your "team" before you do the training, so you don't have to go like "oh but that means i have to do the training all over again!"

Post the teams at lvl 100, with your ideal item attachments, personality/nature bonuses, traits and your ideal moveset (regardless of TMs as online battling gives you unlimited amount of that). Very thankful that you do have most of the stuff though ^_^

Blaziken- [atk + / sp.def -] @ salac berry/lum berry
    -endure/earthquake
    -reversal/brick break
    -rock slide/earthquake
    -overheat

Blaze Kick is just cool but should never be used, as flamethrower is better than it in anyway possible due to accuracy. And on top of that, splitting EVs are just terrible so let's just make it overheat all or nothing fire attack... you can either use endure/reversal combo together with salac berry to sweep, or the slightly more safer path with the movesets on the right.

Absol -[atk or spd + / sp.atk -] @ salac berry
    EV: Atk and Spd
    -shadowball
    -swords dance
    -aerial ace
    -substitute/magic coat

Absol just doesn't have the defense for the chesto rest strategy... hopefully you can sword dance to powerful yourself, survive the next hit and let salac berry kick in for the bonus speed to try to sweep. Absol has crazy attack power just is slightly lacking speed (and darnit can't learn agility...) Use Sub or Magic coat to block thunderwave and will o wisp (sub can help with the salac berry too)

Milotic -[sp.att + /atk -] @ leftovers
    EV: Sp.Atk and HP or SpDef
    -surf
    -ice beam
    -recover
    -calm mind/mirror coat/toxic

Highly standard... but it's not like you can do much with it

Rayquaza- [atk + / sp.atk -] @ chesto berry/choice band
    -brick break
    -earthquake
    -extreme speed
    -rest

Extremespeed choice banded Rayquaza = you're so dead... however watch out for using ubar as people will not like it... NEVER use fly in your entire life unless your goal is trying to stall, which you're not in this case. Dragon Claw and Return means splitting EV and that's just not good... o.o; Feel free to fit in dragon dance anywhere if you're not using choice band (preferably over rest?)

Manectric- [sp.atk + / atk -] @ lum berry/petaya berry
    -thunderbolt
    -crunch
    -Sub/HP Grass
    -thunderwave

All say hi to mini-Raikou? The only difference between Manectric and Raikou is that one can crunch, and the other can calm mind/reflect... Manectric is the only electric type that's not dead without HP Grass against Lanturn as you still have crunch.

Swellow [atk + / sp.atk -] @ choice band/lum berry
    -aerial ace
    -double edge
    -quick attack
    -HP Ground/Steel Wing

Those who has seen me rate before must realize that I'm darn desperate to use steel wing as steel wing is just pure crappy... but Swellow just have no moves to learn. Whatever Swellow can do, Dodrio does it twice as nice. Swellow has no defensive stats to stall down toxic...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Try:

Inferno (Blaziken) Level 90; Female
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Hardy
    Ability: Blaze
    Techniques:
    Earthquake
    Brick Break
    Bulk Up
    Blaze Kick

Obsidian (Absol) Level 90; Female
    Item: Chesto Berry
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Pressure
    Techniques:
    Aerial Ace
    Shadow Ball
    Return/Iron Tail/Slash/Double Team
    Swords Dance

Serenity (Milotic) Level 90; Female
    Nature: Docile
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    Techniques:
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Recover
    Confuse Ray/Toxic

Apocalypse (Rayquaza) Level 90; Genderless
    Nature: Hardy
    Ability: Air Lock
    Techniques:
    Aerial Ace/Earthquake
    Dragon Dance
    Brick Break/Iron Tail
    Ancient Power/Dragon Claw

Manectric Level 90; Female
    Item: King's Rock
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Static? Lightning Rod?
    Techniques:
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Roar/Iron Tail
    Bite

WindRider (Swellow) Level 90; Female
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Guts
    Techniques:
    Aerial Ace
    Endeavor
    Facade
    Steel Wing

Red Storm

The Evil Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I know this is an old thread. Here's a move set on my swellow that does pretty decent and tends to draw out those special attacker pokemon.

Swellow

Nature - Jolly
    Evs - Att, Sp
    Holding Choice Band

Return
    Aerial Ace
    Hyper Beam
    Double Team

I know hyper beam pretty much sucks over all but it seems to work for swellow. Jolly gives it a speed advantage over most pokemon. Choice band pumps up the attack power of hyper beam and helps swellow's average attack power. There are draw backs considering swellow is more than likely dead when the person switches a new pokemon in or if hyper beam misses. I don't think being stuck with using same attack move will matter much anyways after the switch in. Just think of this as the surprise version of explosion or the kamikaze swellow.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • it's so kamikaze-ish because it can't even kill much with choice banded hyperbeam at times... Swellow isn't the top speed so you can't gurantee to outrun Jolteon or Alakazams (the ones who'll be staying against you). So really Swellow in this situation is very limited. And what's the point of double team with choice band? Use HP Ground instead...

i'll much rather use linoone with max atk and personality boost on Atk with choice banded extremespeed ^_^

Red Storm

The Evil Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • No its not guarenteed, but it depends on what evs the person has maxed too. What's the point of double team with choice band? None really. Just basically playing around with an open slot. There's not really much else you can do with swellow anyways.

Back