• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please recommend a hack to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    (Note: I posted this within the Emulation forum but my thread didn't appear afterwards. I'm not sure why that is, as it doesn't say posts there are reviewed before appearing. I'm trying here to see if the topic shows up... if this is the wrong place then I'm sorry, but I tried.)

Hi guys, I've been watching SSoHPKC's playthrough of Pokemon Brown on youtube and have really been enjoying it. I wanted to play a hack myself but I spent awhile looking through the hack forum and couldn't quite find something I'm looking for.

* I want to play something finished. 95% of the hacks (even if they were hack of the month/year) appear to be unfinished, even if they've been worked on for years. Missing some bonus stuff is fine but I don't want to play a hack with only 2 gyms.

* I'm looking for something Fire Red-ish. My favorite pokemon are all first gen (the later the gen, the more unfamiliar I am with the pokemon) but what I like most about the later versions is that the game is less annoying (more backpack space etc) and things make more sense (separation of special/attack within typing etc). Doesn't necessarily need to be a Fire Red hack.

* I would really love it to be harder than standard pokemon, but not necessarily required.

Basically I'm looking for the original red/blue/green/yellow experience (but doesn't necessarily need to be those games, although I prefer GBA era) with just a bit of a different path and different pokemon in different areas. Essentially I'm looking for something just like Pokemon Brown, only based around a newer gen. I don't really care so much about the story, as I play pokemon for the gameplay. If I can't find anything, I'll just play Brown but hoping there's something like this out there. :)

Help please? Thanks.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Hey,

I'm not very familiar with ROM Hacking because I don't spend any time there, but I can guarantee this doesn't belong here. I would recommend PMing the moderator over there and asking where this would go. Sorry I can't help you more! :(

Please recommend a hack to me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back