• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Please Tell Me All The Ways To Change Your Name In D/P

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    Okay so I would really like to change my name in my Pokemon Diamond, but as you can probably guess, I want to keep most of my Pokemon. Please tell me all the ways I can do so, wether is be trading the Pokemon to another game first, then starting a new game, or if there is a way to change your name without any hassel

Thank you very much :)
    ~Eric

Bendak

I suck at pogeymanz
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2022
    You said it. You'de have to trade your pokes to another game, start a new game with a new name and then trade your pokes back. They'll only obey depeding on what badges you have though.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    If you have a Wii you could put them on Ranch and you should be able to retrieve them. Not sure though, as I don't have Ranch and don't really want it. Those 1000 points were better spend on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    You said it. You'de have to trade your pokes to another game, start a new game with a new name and then trade your pokes back. They'll only obey depeding on what badges you have though.

oh, drat. I don't have an extra DS
    Well, have you tried Pokemon Battle Revolution? I've heard that you can trade your pokemon to that game, but I'm not sure if you can trade them back, I was considering renting this game for that purpose, but not sure if it will work.

R.A.M.

KEY Fan
    Years
    If you have a Wii you could put them on Ranch and you should be able to retrieve them. Not sure though, as I don't have Ranch and don't really want it. Those 1000 points were better spend on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
    No. They made it so that you can only trade and trade back the pokemon to their original cartridge. So if you deposit from your Pearl you can't transfer them to your Diamond. Personally I think this sucks. >_>

oh, drat. I don't have an extra DS
    Well, have you tried Pokemon Battle Revolution? I've heard that you can trade your pokemon to that game, but I'm not sure if you can trade them back, I was considering renting this game for that purpose, but not sure if it will work.

You don't trade. You basically "register" them; the Wii copies the data to use the pokemon in battle but not the pokemon itself.

As for your question, you can either:

-Ask someone to take care of your pkmn.
    -I think you can change your name with AR/Pokesav, I'm not sure though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    No. They made it so that you can only trade and trade back the pokemon to their original cartridge. So if you deposit from your Pearl you can't transfer them to your Diamond. Personally I think this sucks. >_>

You don't trade. You basically "register" them; the Wii copies the data to use the pokemon in battle but not the pokemon itself.

As for your question, you can either:

-Ask someone to take care of your pkmn.
    -I think you can change your name with AR/Pokesav, I'm not sure though.

Thank you :)
    But I don't know what a pokesav is, does it cost money? or where can I get one?

RangerLunick

Rookie Ranger
    Years
    You would think the developers would have given you a way of changing your name, its bad enough you can't customize your character. Pokemon is brilliant but it is let down by the lack of foresight in the developers, either that or their own laziness.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    That wouldn't work because...

1. You can only withdraw Pokemon from the cartridge they came from, so you can't deposit Pokemon from say, your Pearl and withdraw them with your Diamond.
    2. Even if it is the same cart, you can't withdraw your Pokemon if you restart the game.

They really made it inconvenient to transfer Pokemon from game to game besides 6 at a time. I guess I'll have to borrow a DS when I get Platinum.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I think that the easiest way to change your name is to buy an AR ($20 - US) and search for the code that can change your name.

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Nah, that won't work, PLENTY of warnings about that when you play it, xD

FalseDestiny

Troll
    Years
    Is a program that allows you to alter the data of your game. I think it works with the AR or something like that. You can try and search in google for it.

There's not a real point of that if you use AR, since AR lets you change your name anyway.

Back