• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Plot holes

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    What all plot holes you know in the anime? I didn't noticed earlier, but recently when I watched the Celebi movie, I realize Prof. Oak already met Pokémon after #151, still after 40 years he put only 151 pokémon in the PokéDex.

Also the pokéball thing in the same movie. I read somewhere that people even older than Prof. Oak used the modern pokéball that Ash uses. Still in the movie, Sammy uses a very old-style pokéball that he has to loosen himself with the screw.

What are the other plot holes in the series?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    What all plot holes you know in the anime? I didn't noticed earlier, but recently when I watched the Celebi movie, I realize Prof. Oak already met Pokémon after #151, still after 40 years he put only 151 pokémon in the PokéDex.
    Eh, you couldn't really call that a plot hole. Each generation of Pokémon isn't just found or discovered when each generation is made, regardless of the timeline, generation 5 Pokémon will still have existed the same time as the 1st generation of Pokémon.

Also the pokéball thing in the same movie. I read somewhere that people even older than Prof. Oak used the modern pokéball that Ash uses. Still in the movie, Sammy uses a very old-style pokéball that he has to loosen himself with the screw.
    That isn't really a plot hole either. I mean, an old person in the present time line can still just pick up a normal Poké ball, it isn't like they're restricted. And we wouldn't know about when they caught there pokémon either.

I can't really think of any plot holes that aren't dub related. Unless unfinished goals and the GS ball being unsolved count. (we know Celebi was supposed to be in it, as stated in a interview with the ex director of the anime, but that was put aside due to the 4th movie)

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022

Eh, you couldn't really call that a plot hole. Each generation of Pokémon isn't just found or discovered when each generation is made, regardless of the timeline, generation 5 Pokémon will still have existed the same time as the 1st generation of Pokémon.

I know the all the pokémon existed but just weren't discovered. But when Prof. Oak gave Ash his very first PokéDex, he said that there are only these many (151) pokémon known till now, while as he already met celebi and others in the movie, he would have "known" more.

That isn't really a plot hole either. I mean, an old person in the present time line can still just pick up a normal Poké ball, it isn't like they're restricted. And we wouldn't know about when they caught there pokémon either.

Yeah not restricted, but it's common sense. If PokéBalls are invented, people would choose from PokéBall, UltraBall, and so on. Nobody would use that super-old mechanical PokéBall.

I can't really think of any plot holes that aren't dub related. Unless unfinished goals and the GS ball being unsolved count. (we know Celebi was supposed to be in it, as stated in a interview with the ex director of the anime, but that was put aside due to the 4th movie)

Yeah I miss the GS ball mystery, lol. I didn't knew they were planning to make Celebi come out of it, I just ready. Well, the ball still seems to be with Kurt. I'm sure they'd one day make some other legendary pokémon come out of it.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I know the all the pokémon existed but just weren't discovered. But when Prof. Oak gave Ash his very first PokéDex, he said that there are only these many (151) pokémon known till now, while as he already met celebi and others in the movie, how would have "known" more.
    That just goes into the whole "movies aren't debate" Though, I wouldn't over analyse. I'm pretty sure the producers knew that the series was going to carry on for too long, so they may not have taken things such a future generations n' what not into consideration, though I can't be sure.

Back