• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Plot Ideas for Pokemon: Ring Version

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I hope I'm doing this right =/

'K, the game itself isn't even near started, but I want to have a plot ready beforehand. The name Ring Version is in reference to the four seasons being in a "ring" of sorts, or never ending cycle. However, this game really only touches on summer or winter. This could be changed, but that's just what I have in mind. Also, I tried to stick a bit to the "formula" of the beginning of the games. I know that some people don't like this, and think of it as uncreative, but I wanted to have this game stick to tradition in some parts.

You have lived in the Kanto region all your life, but must now move to the Inren region, which is an isolated island far to the north of Kanto. Rather than starting in the new region you are moving to, your character starts out on the airplane that is taking you and your family to your new home. Before anything happens on the screen however, you are asked whether you wish to play as a boy or girl. Then it shows you sitting down on the plane, and a boy around your age asks you your name. After inputting your name, the boy informs you that he is going to Inren to live with his grandmother because of family issues. You can then decide to ask about it, or change the subject, but either way you don't find out more. You change the subject by asking his name, but before he can reply he gets up to use the on flight restroom. Then, your older sister (who is sitting next to you), starts a conversation with you since the flight is "more boring than English class". The answers that you choose affect what items you get from her throughout your journey. (She becomes one of the professor's aids. Oh, and I forgot to mention, but the professor is named Professor Douglass. The items you can get are equal in usefulness, but different. I haven't decided on specifics yet, though) You eventually dose off to sleep, and when you are awakened by your mother you and her are the last ones on the plane. On the way out, your mom tells you to remember to keep in touch with your friend from Kanto (who is either boy or girl, depending on your gender) and asks you what their name was. As you walk off the plane, the screen fades once again. You are now at your new house, and your mother asks you to set the alarm clock (you should set this to the time you want it to be in-game). After doing so, you go to sleep (again?!) and there are the sounds of glass breaking and scuffling. Your character, however, is oblivious to this. Upon waking, you find that your house was broken into, but since everyone was so tired after the plane flight (and who isn't?) that they didn't notice. Your parents start talking to each other inaudibly , and your older sister tells you that you should go outside and see your new home. This is when you finally get to control your character, and see Hillview Town for the first time. For the most part, Hillview is like other starting areas. Your house, three other houses, and the professor's lab at the far southwest of town, behind some trees. However, there is also a fenced off mansion that overlooks the four small houses. You cannot yet leave town, because some of the owner's servants tell you that the master is busy riding his ponyta, and cannot have someone interfering by walking along the path. As for the professor's lab, it is locked. So, you talk to the residents, since it is the only thing you can do for now. They ask you different questions, and your answers effect certain maps and which legendary pokemon you encounter. Afterwards, return to your house. Your father tells you that Professor Douglas heard about the break-in, and was very sorry about what happened on your family's very first day in Hillview. He would like to make amends by offering you a pokemon. Your father insists that you accept, since he wants you to become a trainer and had planned on giving you a pokemon soon, anyways. As you make your way towards the professor's lab, people in light green can be seen walking around in an unaccessible area behind the lab. Since you cannot investigate, you make your way inside the building. After the average introduction speech by the professor, you are given the choice between *gasp* three pokemon.

Gravine, Type: Grass> Spirigrow, Type: Grass/Ghost> Hexiruet, Type: Grass/Ghost

Bogoo, Type: Water> Salamarsh, Type: Water> Eelectric, Type: Water/Electric

Flitfire, Type: Fire/Flying> Solavian, Type: Fire/Flying> Pheolar, Type: Fire/Flying

After you make your choice, a man in a light green outfit (sound familiar?) breaks through a window at the back of the lab and snatches the other two pokemon. You attempt to stop the theif by standing in front of the window through which he entered. Then, your first battle. The opponent is listed as Unknown Theif, and has the two starters that you didn't choose. All three pokemon are at level one. Once you defeat the first pokemon, the professor gives yours a potion, and it doesn't take up a turn. After you defeat the Unknown Theif, he makes a get-away through the actual door, but leaves behind the pokeball of the starter that is good against yours. (more about that later) The professor thanks you, and the scene shifts to four months later. Your starter is now level five (I think battling two level ones only gets you to about level three or four =/ ), and it's your birthday! On your birthday, you get to battle the two other children there. The battles end when a pokemon reaches half of its health, and you get half experience points afterwards. Your pokemon is also automatically healed after each battle. Your presents are: Five pokeballs, a potion, a pokedex (from the professor, as thanks for when you managed to get one of the stolen pokemon back four months ago), and one of the variable gifts from your sister. (This would probably be a status restoring berry) At the end of the party you also get the item Slice of Cake, which is the same as a max potion and max elixar, but is only found once in the game. Also, you can finally leave Hillview Town, and begin your adventure!

Your friend from Kanto, the nameless boy, the unused starter pokemon, the people in light green, and the break in of your house are all touched upon eventually, but I'll post the rest later.

Last edited:

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Sounds... Interesting. But what happens in the game itself? What is the conflict? The antagonist? So far this just seems like a few interesting concepts stringed together.

Additionally, do you realize how difficult it is to fight level one on level one? You'd basically be sacrificing playability for luck in that battle. Twice.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    I may as well ask beforehand: who's the Lord of the Ring? Ehh, let's just go...
    I hope I'm doing this right =/ Well, if you don't, you just get reported. Pretty straightforward if you ask me xD...

'K, the game itself isn't even near started, but I want to have a plot ready beforehand Good--planning never hurts.. The name Ring Version is in reference to the four seasons being in a "ring" of sorts So we're looking at a seasons motif? I hope they don't change 'cause four different region mapsand tilesets for said maps would be BRUTAL..., or never ending cycle. However, this game really only touches on summer or winter. This could be changed, but that's just what I have in mind. Also, I tried to stick a bit to the "formula" Anyone who drops the 'formula' in and does not try to go any bit beyond it is either uncreative, unadventurous, or uncaring...just FYI. of the beginning of the games. I know that some people don't like this, and think of it as uncreative Yep. Seriously, it's trite and shows laziness., but I wanted to have this game stick to tradition in some parts.

You have lived in the Kanto region all your life How long was said life?, but must now move to the Inren region Why? And starting with a cliche is...nevermind., which is an isolated island far to the north of Kanto. Rather than starting in the new region you are moving to, your character starts out on the airplane that is taking you and your family to your new home As of right now, I know nothing of the situation. Development, please?. Before anything happens on the screen however, you are asked whether you wish to play as a boy or girl *frowns*. Then it shows you sitting down on the plane, and a boy around your age asks you your name. After inputting your name, the boy informs you that he is going to Inren to live with his grandmother because of family issues. You can then decide to ask about it, or change the subject, but either way you don't find out more. You change the subject by asking his name, but before he can reply he gets up to use the on flight restroom. Then, your older sister (who is sitting next to you), starts a conversation with you since the flight is "more boring than English class". The answers that you choose affect what items you get from her throughout your journey. (She becomes one of the professor's aids. Oh, and I forgot to mention, but the professor is named Professor Douglass. The items you can get are equal in usefulness, but different. I haven't decided on specifics yet, though Meh...okay.) You eventually dose off to sleep, and when you are awakened by your mother you and her are the last ones on the plane. On the way out, your mom tells you to remember to keep in touch with your friend from Kanto (who is either boy or girl, depending on your gender) and asks you what their name was Annnnything else?. As you walk off the plane, the screen fades once again. You are now at your new house, and your mother asks you to set the alarm clock (you should set this to the time you want it to be in-game Why not synch it with the system time? <<). After doing so, you go to sleep (again?!) and there are the sounds of glass breaking and scuffling A theft? Great.... Your character, however, is oblivious to this. Upon waking, you find that your house was broken into, but since everyone was so tired after the plane flight (and who isn't?) that they didn't notice. Your parents start talking to each other inaudibly , and your older sister tells you that you should go outside and see your new home. This is when you finally get to control your character, and see Hillview Town for the first time. For the most part, Hillview is like other starting areas. Your house, three other houses, and the professor's lab Epic fail if you ask me...any -good- maps should not aspire to copy Pallet Town. at the far southwest of town, behind some trees. However, there is also a fenced off mansion that overlooks the four small houses. You cannot yet leave town, because some of the owner's servants tell you that the master is busy riding his ponyta, and cannot have someone interfering by walking along the path ...strange, but alright. Why does some rich dude live in this bland place? Likes the scenery and idyllic-ness?. As for the professor's lab, it is locked. So, you talk to the residents, since it is the only thing you can do for now. They ask you different questions, and your answers effect certain maps and which legendary pokemon you encounter Hopefully not plot-based ~_~.... Afterwards, return to your house. Your father tells you that Professor Douglas heard about the break-in, and was very sorry about what happened on your family's very first day in Hillview I've taken two breaks while reading this because it is...not keeping my attention very well. And I usually have patience with this sort of thing.... He would like to make amends by offering you a pokemon How about flip it around--he offers the man of the house one and, for whatever reason, he funnels it down to you? Maybe daddy told you on the plane that you couldn't have a pkmn because, after buying a house, they were short on cash to buy the 20 pkballs a neophyte would need to get just one...and so you get the 'free' one.. Your father insists that you accept, since he wants you to become a trainer and had planned on giving you a pokemon soon, anyways. As you make your way towards the professor's lab, people in light green Please do not say it's an evil organisation ~_~... can be seen walking around in an unaccessible area behind the lab. Since you cannot investigate, you make your way inside the building. After the average introduction speech by the professor, you are given the choice between *gasp* three pokemon Why?!.

Gravine, Type: Grass> Spirigrow, Type: Grass/Ghost> Hexiruet, Type: Grass/Ghost

Bogoo, Type: Water> Salamarsh, Type: Water> Eelectric, Type: Water/Electric

Flitfire, Type: Fire/Flying> Solavian, Type: Fire/Flying> Pheolar, Type: Fire/Flying
    Instead of a bunch of meh-ish names, can you speak Designese?

After you make your choice, a man in a light green outfit (sound familiar?) breaks through a window at the back of the lab and snatches the other two pokemon For the sake of stealing, or do they need 'em to awaken Terasupera?. You attempt to stop the theif by standing in front of the window through which he entered. Then, your first battle This is becoming really painful.... The opponent is listed as Unknown Theif, and has the two starters that you didn't choose. All three pokemon are at level one How convenient that they all have Egg Moves ~_~.... Once you defeat the first pokemon, the professor gives yours a potion, and it doesn't take up a turn. After you defeat the Unknown Theif, he makes a get-away through the actual door, but leaves behind the pokeball of the starter that is good against yours. (more about that later It goes to the guy on the plane who has issues? Your friend from Kanto?) The professor thanks you, and the scene shifts to four months later. Your starter is now level five (I think battling two level ones only gets you to about level three or four =/ ), and it's your birthday! On your birthday, you get to battle the two other children there. The battles end when a pokemon reaches half of its health, and you get half experience points afterwards You shouldn't get experience for not fainting a pkmn...unless you're changing the entire experience.. Your pokemon is also automatically healed after each battle. Your presents are: Five pokeballs, a potion, a pokedex (from the professor, as thanks for when you managed to get one of the stolen pokemon back four months ago This professor must be really scatterbrained if s/he hasn't paid you YET...), and one of the variable gifts from your sister. (This would probably be a status restoring berry) At the end of the party you also get the item Slice of Cake, which is the same as a max potion and max elixar, but is only found once in the game That is not original in the slightest.. Also, you can finally leave Hillview Town, and begin your adventure!

Your friend from Kanto, the nameless boy, the unused starter pokemon, the people in light green, and the break in of your house are all touched upon eventually, but I'll post the rest later.
    That was really disappointing. And it took me a half hour to trudge through...do you have anything original planned at all, or is this just another cookie-cutter game?

EDIT: And what did any of this have to do with the title? You can't have anything THAT elegant here because, if you did, you would have had to start building it up already...

Back