• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Exploration and Corruption of the New Frontier (IC)(PG-13)

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    Three years have passed since the restoration of Time and Space (Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky). And as time went by after those events, things slowly returned to normal around the world. Of course, the Explorer teams remained intact, and pokemon would still require help on certain missions, but nothing for three years threatened the world's peace. In fact, during this time of peace, a new land, filled was beauty and radiance was discovered. Pokemon began to settle there, making a few small towns. The land was filled with forest, plains, and high mountains.

However one day, a group of the locals there went to one of the area's springs. The springs before had been a popular spot for relaxation. But, now it looked as if it had changed. It was darker, and a strange aura of dark energy was present, though the pokemon suspected nothing. When they came out, their hide became darker, and they became blind with rage and unbelievable power (shadow pokemon).

At first, the locals at the towns simply barred off the springs, but that didn't stop other pokemon from going anyway, despite what had happened. The locals also noticed that the same thing was happening in other places. Parts of the woods, mountains, and rivers and lakes were also starting to get corrupt with this dark energy. And the pokemon that lived in these areas, when exposed for a long enough time, would turn corrupt themselves, and go blind with rage.

The locals, fearing the worst, put out a call for help from Exploration Teams all over the world. They knew that abandoning the land would not help the situation at all. The corruption was spreading at a fast rate, and they feared if left unchecked, it would spread, and affect areas and pokemon all over the world.

Teams answered the call, but the first attempts ended in failure as some of the best teams went in and became corrupt themselves. The best guildmasters from around the world put their minds together, and found ways to make certain belongings give off an aura that would ward off the effects of this dark energy in the corrupt areas.

The world is seeing yet another threat, and Explorer teams are now answering the call. The mission sounds simple, but is going to be a hard journey. Investigate the areas of corruption, find a way to heal the corruption on both the land and pokemon, and find the cause of the corruption.

This will require the full cooperation of Exploration Teams, and we expect nothing but success. The world depends on it. Good luck.

To sign up and read rules, please go to the OOC.

Last edited:

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    Edit: Oh sorry, I didn't know there already was a separate sign-up thing. And I did play PMD, but I stopped after Time and Darkness so I forgot that there was no humans xD again I'm sorry, I'll move my SU.

Last edited:

SamuraiMaster

Years
    I need you to put this up in the OOC, where the other sign ups are. Currently, there is no room for new teams, so I'd need you to sign up with one of the teams with an open slot.

Also just a note (I don't know if you play PMD or not), there are no humans in the Pokémon world basically.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    (if i may i'll go first)

Zeke groaned as he splashed some water on his face. he had the hardest time trying to get to sleep last night and now he was grouchy, tired, and overly hungry. he wandered off towards the beach, but took a right somewhere on the middle of the path. he meandered through the thick trees and lied down beneath a shady willow. he tried to sleep, but he was only able to rest. Zeke lied there for an hour or so. he did feel better after, but it wasn't by that much.

"what the heck is up with this? i haven't had this bad a case of insomnia since we were on the run. urk!" Zeke rubbed his head with the back of his scythe.

it felt really warm to the touch. that wasn't all that was feeling abnormal. he had no apitite, his ears would sometimes ring, and his shoulders were killing him.

'maybe i'm coming down with something' he thought

SamuraiMaster

Years
    OOC: Have fun.

IC
    Layne had just arrived at a settlement (which looked more like a temporary camp) known as Lakeside, which fit the camp he guessed, as it was sitting right next to a rather big lake. Layne gave a small smile as he passed by the younger local pokemon who were playing in the shallows of the lake.

Layne didn't really wish to be here, but he knew he had to. It was about three weeks ago, his friend, and soon to be partner, Autumn, came here to investigate a corruption that was turning local pokemon into rageaholics for almost no reason. He knew Autumn was much more into the exploring than he was, and she knew how to take care of herself, but apparently, something had gone wrong.

Travis let his partner, Pyro, a Charmander, go with her to see if they could find the source of the corruption, but Layne got a report from the Wigglytuff Guild a few days back that Pyro had wandered back alone, after being exposed to a lot of the strange aura that these corrupt areas had.

Layne just felt something was wrong with the picture. He had to see if they were okay. Apparently, Pyro was slowly healing from the exposure, but Layne would probably have Pyro sent home. He had done more than enough, and Pyro, though tough on the inside, and though he had impressed Layne many times before, was in no condition to continue here.

Layne looked at his report. Layne was here to see this mission through to the end, and he already had been assigned to a temporary position on a team known only as Salvadores. At the moment there was only one other pokemon in that team besides himself. The report said nothing about a name, so Layne currently had two things to do.

One was to locate this partner.
    The second was to locate Pyro and possibly get some information from him. Hopefully he'd be able to speak or something. Layne had never come in contact with a pokemon exposed to dark energy like this before.

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    Xell was zoning out, staring into his reflection and having a rare thought about evolution. It was seldom that he thought about his experience, but he really didn't like it. He refocused on the image in the gigantic lake. That thing in the water isn't me. His eyes filled with tears, and one of them fell into the lake, distorting his image and providing a slight sense of comfort upon not being able to see the thing in the water. It wasn't often that he was able to weep freely. However, the ripples fell away and his image resurfaced, as did an empty feeling inside him.

He was all alone on an isolated part of the lake, away from other Pokemon. He figured he should start advancing toward where the other Pokemon were, so he dismissed his emotions. He couldn't see any of his group members. Xell peered over his application again. A Sneasel and a Scyther are who I am looking for, right? He took a better look at the form. Yep. Looks like it. He took a swig of lake water, then concentrated on the pressurized gases inside of him, trying to propel himself over. It worked. Propulsion by propulsion got him to where he needed to be.

Upon arrival, he relaxed and released some apples, preparing them for the Sneasel and the Scyther, and hoping to make a friendly first impression.

Lilliana

Lilliana ~♥~ Silver, Forever!
    Years
    Felicia sighed waiting for the Yuniran and Tepig that were on her Team. I hope they don't leave because I can't hear she thought sitting under a tree by the water. She had been so excited about forming a team that she had arrived at Lakeside three days early spending her time just relaxing in the calm atmosphere of the lake. I hope they like me she thought nervously looking around hoping to spot one of her team mates.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    Leigh has just arrived at lakeside, the settlement where he would meet the exploration team he had been assigned too,Team Fiere. Leigh didn't get any details on who his teammates were other then their species but at the very least he knew who to look for. "hmm... I had a feeling I'd find myself back in this land sometime..." Leigh thought as he looked at the small black spot that had been stuck on him since the corruption incident. This tiny bit of corruption fortunately hasn't spread to anyone, or effected him at all. However he still worrys of the day that it'll come back to haunt him.

As he wandered near the lake, he noticed a lone vulpix. Leigh was sure this was his leader. While he could introduce himself formally, Leigh decided to add his own personal touch to the "introduction". He decided to pull one of his telepathic pranks on his teammate. Harmless fun never hurt anyone. The green blob snuck in a nearby bush and began to speak to the young vulpix telepathically. "Hi there stranger. What brings you here? hmmhmmhmm..." He said staying out of sight while blended in with the bush.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    Open up your stance, boy! You only have one more shot at this before time is over!

"I know dad, I know!"

Flare stared down the little mound of dirt he had made, glaring at it angrily and gritting his teeth. His fathers voice echoing in his head.

You have to feel the heat burning up inside of you kid, you have to let it build!

And he did! He did feel the heat starting to build in his stomach, but if he knew what would happen..."Come on, Come on..." Flare grumbled, wincing, feeling it grow, and grow, and grow...

Now release it! Release the heat in one, mighty burst!

And shouting out, Flare released the blast...but all that came from his mouth was a massive blast of black smoke, which filled the little area around him in a smog filled enclosure, and not a single little blast of ember had come from it. Instead, Flare was gasping and gagging as he spat the nasty, burnt taste out of his mouth. "Ew.." he said, tongue sticking out.

Argh...you're hopeless, kid...

With a sigh, Flare agreed with him. I mean, what Fire Pokemon couldn't even do Ember? So, he sighed for a moment before he perked up again. He had no reason to be despressed, he was joining a Rescue Team today! That alone could up his stamina, and then let him use fire attacks! Then his dad would HAVE to take him back! He just had to!

With a new spring in his step, he continued along his way, his recent failure a simple memory at this point. "Hmm...well, I heard my new leader would be a Vulpix...a shiney one! That should be easy to remember, for sure! I hope I'm almost there though..."

Lilliana

Years
    "Hi there stranger. What brings you here? hmmhmmhmm..." a voice rang through Felicia's head causing her to jump. "Who's there!" she yelled out loud not wanting to give away her secret yet as she looked around.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    Zeke sniffed the air.

"apples!" he sat bolt up

he flew back to the camp. he scanned the area until he saw his prize. a pupiter was standing over some apples. red sweet apples. Zeke went flying like a rocket. he jabbed an apple with his scythe and began eating it.

"mmm... just like mom used to make. shiskabobbed." Zeke hummed in his pleasure.

he chomped the apple to the core. he shoved the seeds into a small pocket on his dark leather belt (just because he doesn't have fingers he needs somthing to carry stuff with). coming out of his food frenzy Zeke relized what he just did.

"uh whoops look at the time i gotta go find my new teamates. you seen a uh..." Zeke checked his list "a pupitan. wait oh sorry typo a pupitar."

Zeke's eyes widened.

'great first impresion Zeke great job' he groaned to himself.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    Already Leigh was entertained. A couple small words and the poor thing was terrified. Leigh didn't want to send her running so soon so he decided to tone the fear factor down a bit. "Just a friend. Hint hint." He continued, keeping his sinister tone of voice. "your looking to put a stop to this whole corruption incident as well right? You must be our leader then". The green blob moved out of the small bush and revealed himself to the young vulpix. Reverting to a regular cheerful voice, he continued to telepathically communicate with her.

"Hehe... Oh you should have seen the look on your face!" He said with a cheerful chuckle. "I was told I'm supposed to meet with a Vulpix and a tepig... Your the very same vulpix correct?" He said with his usual intelligent sounding tone of voice. "I'm Leigh. Pleased to meet you."

Lilliana

Years
    Felicia looked as the Yuniran introduced himself "I'm Leigh. Pleased to meet you."
    "I'm Felicia" she sent back glad he communicated telepathically. "I'm still waiting for the tepig to show up but welcome to Team Fiere"

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    "Almost...there..." Mumbled Flare as he continued to walk until...finally! He had made it!....He thought. Frowning a little bit, he looked around the small little village and saw, sitting under a tree was a Yurinan, and most importantly, a shiney Vulpix! The smile spreading over his face again, he quickly scampered over to the two pokemon.

"Hey! Heeeey!" he cried as he rushed over, stopping mere inches from the two with an excited grin on his face. "Hi! My name is Flare, and I think you're my team!"

Lilliana

Years
    Felicia turned and spotted a tepig who had just finished speaking. Wonderful, i couldn't read his lips "C..could you repeat that" she said aloud sitting down again looking at her teammates.

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    It had came out of nowhere. A orange-brown bug zipped next to him, not even bothering to say hello, and devoured all his Apples. He had not only been saving them for both the Sneasel and the Scyther, but the Scyther had ravaged them all, saving no morsels. He knew from the very beginning that they were going to have issues with each other regarding food. It wasn't so much the hasty and rather reckless entrance the Scyther made, but rather his utter disregard for manners and almost erratic grammar that irked the Pupitar.

The Scyther stated that he needed to find his teammates. Did he not know that he was standing right in front of one of them? Or had he not cared enough to introduce himself or even pay attention to Xell? Either way, this was an awkward situation. The Scyther acknowledged it himself, calling himself Zeke amongst muttering and groans. Is he our leader?! I can't believe it. Surely he can't be serious!

"Well, you're Zeke!" the Pupitar said, trying to make as nice of an introduction as he possibly could. "I'm Xell. Pleased to meet you." Not exactly. "So you're our leader?"

OOC: Could I trouble you to use proper grammar when making an RP post? I don't want to be rude, but I find it hard to read, to be quite honest.

Last edited:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    (ill try harder with it, but not when its Zekes dialouge he is erratic and crazy remember. also he's an orange brown color.)

"ok uh this is well awkward... know where the sneasel is" Zeke said eager to change what may soon be the subject.

Zeke tapped his scythes together. It was the closest he could get to drumming his fingers.

"ok I got it! You go get that Sneasel and I'll go get more apples. Then I'll see if I cant make us an apple pie. How's that?" Zeke rambled swinging his blades around in erratic gestures.

Zeke jumped over Xell and flew towards the woods. He glided right below the canopy cutting apples off the trees.

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    ((OOC: Better, I appreciate it. Thanks. ))

What Xell had taken from the "conversation" that the Scyther and he just had was that he needed to find the missing member; the Sneasel. He was apparently going to make an "apple pie." What is that, anyway? Not one to argue with a demand, he continued to contemplate about how exactly he was going to find that Sneasel. He broke his concentration and turned his attention to the Scyther. It was cutting down apples in a haphazard manner. Xell sighed, amused with the strange Scyther's antics.

"What is an apple pie?" Xell said, paying half of his attention to the wild Scyther, and the other half focusing on the coast of the lake, eager to find the other member of their team.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    (i like that xell doesn't know about pie.)

Zeke collected the apples that he had "picked". He fumbled with them as he tried to balance the on his claws. When that didn't work Zeke simply pierced them with his scythe and carried them back with five on each blade. He set them down on a stump near his tent. At a wicked fast pace he sliced and diced the fruit. When he had a bunch of little squares he pulled a piece of curly bark out of his belt. He placed it on top of one blade and scratched away at it turning it to dust. This he put on top of the apple cubes. He looked in his tent. He took out a clay jar that held a tan soft substance. Flaky Dough as his mother called it. He dumped out the dough and put the apples in it. Zeke then put more dough on top. He put the pie in his tent and sealed it up.

"Now all I need is a fire. Where to get a fire... a fire type!" Zeke jumped up and ran off in search of a fire type pokemon.

(Zeke's mother always told him to have everything he needed on hand if he couldn't make it where he was. it came in handy while they were running.)

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    ((OOC: There is a shiny Vulpix somewhere around Lakeside, perhaps you could use her for making the pie.))

Xell was disappointed that Zeke hadn't even bothered to answer his question before darting off in search of a Fire-type, of all things. Definitely not a very good first impression, and I still don't know what pie is... Zeke is full of surprises. Xell moved to where the erratic Pokemon had assembled his ingredients. Perhaps he wouldn't notice if Xell... sampled an Apple, just to make sure it wasn't bad or anything...

Just one Apple won't harm anything, right?

Xell checked to make sure Zeke was out of sight, then chomped down on one of the Apples. Surely it won't impact this "apple pie" too badly. And besides, he didn't even bother to ask if he could have one of my Apples. Xell was somewhat surprised at the rebellious nature he had acquired over a simple transaction with Zeke. After eating the Apple, he turned his attention to finding the other member.

Back