• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PocketNews ~ The ONLY Reliable News Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    PocketNews

Hey Guys,

It is me Blaze, I rarely promote a site unless I am proud to have my name on it. PocketNews is one of those sites I am proud of, with Greg, Jedi_Amara, and myself we make the ONLY reliable pokemon news source out there.

I am not here to promote it as a site, but as a tool that ALL webmasters should use, we all know how hard it is to find pokemon news and how long it can take. This is precious time that we could be using focusing on making new content, that is much more important to a site.

So that is why we have PocketNews, we take that hassle off your hands so we can focus on finding news why you make content. The only request we make is that you credit us by sourcing any news you use.

So from one webmaster to another, I can tell you this works and not only will your visitors be happy knowing your well updated but you will be pleased to see your hits increase too.

Sincerely,

Richie "Red" Blaze

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
    Years
    ^^ I love Pocketnews and the new layout ROCKS!! I dunno about the ONLY RELIABLE news source, unless you mean the only place to get free new updates xD anyway, I like it I dont use it though anyway, keep up the good work ^^

P.S, if this is a TOOL wouldn't it go into webmaster's resource?

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    It is a TOOL, however it is a website so I would believe it would be in website showcase ^_^

However I am sure about ONLY reliable news source, because if you look at sites that post news that is on PocketNews, it is almost always posted at PocketNews first.

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
    Years
    Master Blaze said:
    It is a TOOL, however it is a website so I would believe it would be in website showcase ^_^

However I am sure about ONLY reliable news source, because if you look at sites that post news that is on PocketNews, it is almost always posted at PocketNews first.

well if you ask me it's hard to tell...because you would have to look over thousands of sites xD but it is without a doubt one of them ^^

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    <3 Pocket News. Once WCC gets back up I'm putting it up. ^^
    The new layout pwns... :P

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Thanks Everyone ^____^

PocketNews has always been for YOU the webmasters, so for you guys telling us we are doing a good job is the reason we do the job we do.

We love pokemon and we just want to help you guys out for making pokemon what it is today :)

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    PokeGen said:
    I don't know... what about Serebii.net?

We have the news usually before them, and Serebii being located in the UK doesn't post USA Pokemon news usually.

While PocketNews posts Pokemon News from ANYWHERE in the world.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Master Blaze said:
    We have the news usually before them, and Serebii being located in the UK doesn't post USA Pokemon news usually.

While PocketNews posts Pokemon News from ANYWHERE in the world.
    While I dont post news, whenever I get something new regarding games or Anime I'm usually first and even Pocket News credits me for it so your analysis is flawed ;) And thus we're still reliable and Pocketnews isnt the ONLY reliable one

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I'm not a webbie, I'm not smart, etc. etc., but I'd like to point out your puffery is getting you nowhere. You, and everyone else knows, know you're not the ONLY reliable news source.
    In fact, Nintendo is probably the most reliable news source. ;P

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Kylie-chan said:
    I'm not a webbie, I'm not smart, etc. etc., but I'd like to point out your puffery is getting you nowhere. You, and everyone else knows, know you're not the ONLY reliable news source.
    In fact, Nintendo is probably the most reliable news source. ;P
    You'ld thinks so but then look at Pokemon.com :p

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Nintendo.com >>>> Pokemon.com xD I wouldn't trust Pokemon.com but Nintendo.com yeah in a second. I think that was Kylie was talking about.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Serebii said:
    While I dont post news, whenever I get something new regarding games or Anime I'm usually first and even Pocket News credits me for it so your analysis is flawed ;) And thus we're still reliable and Pocketnews isnt the ONLY reliable one

Im sorry I don't have time to be in #pocketmonsters or at BMG all the time to get the news before you :P

Besides, the only thing we ever credit you for is episode titles but yes that really is big news ehhh :P

Serebii.net is reliable, but when you really look at it you can see PocketNews is more devoted to the news (because the site is just news thats all it is xD)

So why don't you try using it yourself Joe, I think SPP could be a little more updated with you working on Bad Wolf :P

Nintendo.com up to date? xDDDDDDDD I wish!!! They just tell you basically anything that is old news.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    So I dont post pointless news that 5 people care about? Ohnoez

All Important News and information I usually have first and thats the truth. It doesnt happen all the time but the majority of it

And even when I'm late the news is reliable and trustworthy. I never post erroneous things or rumours so your statement about PocketNews being the only reliable news source is clearly erroneous

Yes I need to update my site more...Updating Every Day is just so infrequent I wish other sites updated less than me so I could shine </sarcasm>

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Serebii said:
    So I dont post pointless news that 5 people care about? Ohnoez

All Important News and information I usually have first and thats the truth. It doesnt happen all the time but the majority of it

And even when I'm late the news is reliable and trustworthy. I never post erroneous things or rumours so your statement about PocketNews being the only reliable news source is clearly erroneous

Yes I need to update my site more...Updating Every Day is just so infrequent I wish other sites updated less than me so I could shine </sarcasm>

Yes the only reason your news is reliable is because you have to go to other sites and forums that already have the news, no wonder why your always in #pocketmonsters.

And I didn't know Pokemon news was stupid, I am sorry you feel that only breaking news is important but that isn't true. PocketNews is just as reliable as Serebii if not more, plus we are more frequent in our updates and don't do pointless ones like "working on bad wolf".

I find it odd that your being so defensive, this thread is to showcase the site not for you to try to rip at it for people finding it more reliable than your site.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Uh no, I am rarely in pocketmonsters, I dont get news from other sites I usually get it first. Know what that means? It means before other people

Idont make updates just saying Working on Bad Wolf you arrogant ****. I always do an update every day (sometimes every 2 days) that ADD stuff to the site

Whereas you have multiple staff members posting loads of random crap (No offense to JKaizer) which is as bad as the "workin on bad wolf" thing you claim I say

I am only being defensive to your wild accusations and your BS statements sayings like Only Reliable News source which you yourself have just contradicted

You sir are a blatent contradictory hypocrite. I may be defensive but only because I do not suffer fools gladly

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Ok, ok, lets not start a fight thread. Blaze, I have to agree with Serebii that his site does get alot of the updates first. And because Pocket News is an open register website. There are some people who can post random things.

Serebii, stop flaming. I know you wouldn't want that on your forum, so don't do it here.

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Yeesh...no wonder the Pokemon webbie community is so fractured... >_<
    *pushes Joe and Richie apart* Now, if you two don't stop flaming each other, you will be receiving a formal warning. As in a "One-More-Time-and-the-Higher-Staff-will-Ban-You" warning.
    We all agree that SPP is arguably the best site for information. But I have seen times where Pocket News gets news before you, Joe. And that's because Pocket News is devoted to nothing but news, while you have, what, fseveral thousand pages of content to maintain? Nobody's perfect, and I hate seeing you start flaming other sites because they beat you to something.
    Richie, that goes for you too. Quit the bashing. If neither of you has anything constructive to say, don't say it at all.</rant>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back