• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokèmon Minimal [V1.3]

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Pokèmon Minimal [V1.3]
    Description:
    Pokèmon minimal is a Hardcore Nuzlocke experience at its core. This game is fast paced and very difficult on its intended difficulty.

Every Pokèmon in the game has been completely rebalanced using a very smart AI that I wrote. I promise that you will find nothing weird as you play the game. All base stats and learn sets have been completely reworked. The base stats are increased/decreased by flat percentages. This means that the Pokèmon you knew hit hard still hit hard, Pokèmon that can take a hit still do that.

This game was designed to be Minimalistic in the art department so the visuals of the game might not be the greatest but they get the job done.

Core Mechanical Changes:
    No Exp is ever awarded.
    Instead the player is only able to level up by use of rare candies.
    Hard level caps are enforced and as the player progresses that level cap increases.
    ALL Pokèmon Evolve at a set rate.
    3 Stage Pokèmon evolve at 30 and 55
    2 Stage Pokèmon evolve at 41
    1 Stage Pokèmon are very powerful and will be uncatchable till late game.
    There are no EV's
    Some moves have been changed to help the AI. Ex: Leaf storm type moves have been changed to recoil (but still work with contrary)
    Pokemon are fully healed after every battle but if a Pokèmon n faints it faints for good.
    All battles take place in set mode.
    Pokèmon can learn any TM.
    Shiny Pokèmon are more common and get a 10% buff to all stats.

Core Gameplay Loop:

Starting your adventure you will be given rare candies and pokeballs.
    You are offered 3 of 18 (one for each type) starting pokemon.
    Behind those pokemon are 3 randomly selected gyms.
    Pokèmon Minimal [V1.3]

After choosing your starter you will head into that gym where you will encounter your first route.

There are 58 routes you must Conquer on your way to the Elite 4!

Each route has a wild encounter. That encounter is more likely to be a pokemon that is useful against the gym you are going towards..

In addition the route has a trainer battle against Professor Oak. There are 100 different possible trainers that you can face on any given route.

After beating that trainer you move on to the next route till you make it to a gym.

The gyms occur after specific routes a list of them is provided below.

Gym 1 after route 10
    Gym 2 after route 20
    Gym 3 after route 28
    Gym 4 after route 36
    Gym 5 after route 42
    Gym 6 after route 48
    Gym 7 after route 52
    Gym 8 after route 56
    Elite 4 after route 58

What is on a Route?
    Pokèmon Minimal [V1.3]
    Required Trainer: This trainer you must battle to make it to the next route
    Encounter: This is the wild pokemon you will encounter on each route.
    Save Tile: These are the only spots you can save your game by walking on it. (Saving is only for when you want to quit and come back. You cannot use it to cheese fights).
    Item Shop: This takes you to the item shop when you step on it.
    Move Relearner: Pokemon can relearn any moves they learned. He is free by the way!
    PC: It's a PC!
    Team Preview Rock: Interacting with the rock will bring up the summary screen for the trainer you are going to be going up against. Allowing you to fully scout out their team.

Download Link: (Current Version) - Change log at the bottom of the article.
    Pokèmon Minimal v1.4

Old Download Links
    Pokèmon Minimal v1.3

Speed Up:
    The speed up function I think by default it bound to "Q" but if you hit F1 you will bring up the key bindings here you can find the key binding for speed up and change it to whatever you would like.

Pokèmon Minimal [V1.3]

The Future of Pokemon Minimal:
    My plans to finish this game is to turn what currently is a roguelike into a roguelite. Adding ways to improve future runs, Adding items to impact the current run and much more! Doing this is going to take plenty of my time and I currently am going to be taking a break from this project as I don't want to overwhelm myself. As for right now this game functions as it was intended to up to this point. It has been a blast making this and if anyone is interested in being a Beta Tester for future versions when I get around to it feel free to reach out.

Change Log:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back