• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Poké Marts in the Pokémon Centers

marcc5m

what
Years
  • How did you feel about the change?
    'Tis awesome. Now I can use the Pokémon Centre for healing, Wi-fi, PC and the Mart, all in the one building.

Would you rather they kept this in future games, such as the third game?
    Yeah but I'd rather not see it in Hoenn remakes because then they'd need to make a bunch of changes to the maps.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    You know they already made a bunch of layout changes to the maps in Fire Red and Heart Gold to accommodative for the increased amount of detail they could put in, right?

Filling in some empty space with a bit of decoration would be a trivial task if you're already supposed to be redesigning the old town layouts, to say nothing of even putting something new in it's place.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • How did you feel about the change?
    quite happy because I don't have to go to separate store to heal and buy items.
    Would you rather they kept this in future games, such as the third game?
    yes defiantly.

Nijiri

Manectric Fangirl.
    Years
  • I guess PokeMarts in Pokemon Centers give the game a little bit more convenience for me. I like the fact that it does, both on regular playthroughs and Nuzlocke runs. Even though if PokeMarts have been standing separately from Pokemon Centers throughout the last four generations, I think it changed for the better. I wouldn't mind if they still kept the PokeMarts in the Pokemon Centers at all.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • I think its a great feature in the new games, there are so many other things to worry about in the games now since the old days of blue, anything to save time or screen switching is a good idea. My other fav feature of gen 5 is: Say for example, if you have 2 or 3 pokemon with battle damage you can select hyper potion and heal all three without having to go back to the bag each time.

I hope these feature are here to stay, who can be bothered walking to a seperate pokemart anyhow, they're always within 2 feet of pokemon centre anyway.

Zeus

DarkLordEon

Ruler Of Time and Space
    Years
  • I actually quite liked it being in the PKMN Center it was so much more convenient, items dont really need their own building do they?

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Having the Poké Mart in the Pokémon Center is a nice feature in the fifth generation, making things smoothly. You get the option of doing two essential services in the same building in the Pokémon games; healing Pokémon and buying items. Although, I didn't mind how the Poké Mart and the Pokémon Center had their own building in the past generations.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • I definitely enjoyed the change. It saved me a lot of time and patience that could easily be spent elsewhere in the game. I hope they keep it in the future!

Slightly off-topic, I do like how I don't have to go upstairs/downstairs to use the GTC or battle. No more waiting for loading screens! :D

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • It's a lot more convenient, for sure. But now the PokéMart theme song is gone - I kind of miss it. :(

Edit: I'd completely forgotten that there's a remix of the PokéMart theme song at Shopping Mall Nine! I love it though! :D

Last edited:

Jovi

schadenfreude
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    I like the change. Getting what I need takes a bit less time now.
    I wouldn't mind them being separated again in the future, but I don't see why Game Freak would do that.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I liked the Pokémart being in the Pokécenter, but wasn't bothered either way.
    It made things simple being in the same building, I can remember leaving the Pokécenter then running around trying to find the Pokémarts.. this isn't too much of a deal but I wouldn't mind having them in the same building in the future.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • I personally really liked the change. It gave a feel of a more populated place rather than a simple town with a store and about 10 people. It also does save a lot of time so you don't have to run around town to get from one place to the other. This is especially true in the newer and larger cities that Unova has.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I actually liked the addition of that feature in BW. easier access and more places to add more interesting buildings in each city. I honestly like them to regain this feature in the future games.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    I think it is a nice addition. It saves me a whole five seconds in travel time! :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2012
    The idea of put the CP and Mart together was OK, but I dont like it to much... I like more the Old School organization (CP and Mart APART), I dont know... Nostalgy? hehe :)

Years
  • To me, I quite liked the change, and it also made sense to me as well.
    It would be good marketing to have your shop in a place where trainers frequent like that. :P
    But yea, just meant a little less running around on my part.

Leavanny

YOU S3T MY SOUL 4L1GHT
    Years
  • I don't actually use the PokéMarts a lot - maybe a couple of times per play through to buy extra Pokéballs and Revives - so it doesn't matter to me. I do quite like the idea, though, and think that it should have been like this all along - it just makes sense. It may not be a huge change, but having both of the most useful resources for trainers in the same place would be more efficient.

Back