• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen PokéBlocks

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
In Generation III, PokéBlocks were introduced. They helped increase 5 factors which were used in Contests; Cute, Cool, Smart, Beauty and Tough.

Using PokéBlocks, plus certain moves Pokémon could achieve well in Contests. Berries were needed to create PokéBlocks in the Berry Blender, which are then fed to Pokémon by going to the PokéBlock Case in Key Items. (Here's more info about them: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokéblock)

Did you ever use PokéBlocks? Post below your thoughts!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yup, I've definitely used them. I would use these blocks to maximize only one particular factor of a Pokémon. For example, if I were entering my Blaziken for cool contest, I'd give it PokéBlocks to raise only its coolness. d: Either way, it's a really nice addition!

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I hated these things. They are what made contests hard to win. I don't wanna stay forever looking for the whatever the ♥♥♥♥ berry or say a special phrase to the berry addict to win. It would have been much better if it was just the moves part, not that thing. Like, it makes no sense, if you didn't give your pokemon a pokeblock they won't like it in the begging. Like how is Teddiursa not cute? But I still did end up using them to win contests, and making them is pretty fun too.

As for in the Safari Zone, I never used them. It seemed a bit pointless, I'd very much rather go for just testing my luck with a Pokeball :p

Back