• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokédex Web Scraper

Chron

The Forgetful One
Years
  • I had a hard time finding an up-to-date Web Pokédex Scraper that is comprehensive in the information that it pulls, so I took some time the last few days to adapt and build on an existing Python-based Bulbapedia Scraper.

Bulbapedia Web Scraper Tool:
    https://github.com/nbely/Bulbapedia-Pokedex-Web-Scraper

There's some information that the tool doesn't scrape for currently (in particular Evolution info), which I will attempt to add in the near future.

If you come across any broken behavior or incorrect data in the CSV file, or if there is any additional pokedex data on Bulbapedia that is desired and of which the scraper currently doesn't retrieve, please feel free to Create an Issue in the github repository (preferred) or inform me here and I'll do my best to resolve the issue or add new functionality.

Thanks, and I hope this tool can be of help to anyone else who may need it!

Back