• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] PokéForce - A brand new Pokémon MMORPG!

Days
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    PokéForce - A brand new Pokémon MMORPG!

Note: This isn't our official logo, this is just a temporary logo.

Welcome to PokéForce - A brand new Pokémon MMORPG built in LibGDX. This project initially went under the name PokéRPG which can be found here, we decided to rebuild the game engine from scratch after around 6 months in a lapse in progress. In that time we realized that there were several things we could do better. So... we did!

So...what is PokéForce? Easy! It's a project built by fans, for fans. We're hoping to capture the spirit of the original Pokémon games while implementing unique features that would be typically be found in an MMO environment. In the last month or so since our rebranding we've made a bunch of progress and felt it was right to remake our original forum thread to properly showcase what we've accomplished now.

Features:
    Spoiler:

Screenshot of the month!

Screenshots - The best part! (We've placed this in a spoiler so you can view this at your own perusal.)
    Spoiler:

Lastly - with this being an MMO project, we haven't officially announced a specific timeline for when we will be ready to launch. We are however doing monthly development tech demos and would gladly welcome all Pokécommunity members to come and check it out.

You can find us at: https://discord.gg/pokeforce - we hope to see you there!

Credits
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Just a little thread bump, we've been hard at work! Here's a note of a couple things we've added lately:

- Dialogue systems
    - Inventory/action bar
    - UI/Hub designs
    - Ground Items, including dropping items, and picking them up
    - Lots of bug fixes

The inventory system is a new thing we're bringing to Pokemon, where you'll have a maximum of 8 different items you can carry with you at a time. This forces you to think about what you might bring along should you go exploring a cave, or challenge an Elite 4. You'll be able to expand the inventory by purchasing "Bag upgrades". We leaned heavily into Stardew Valley for this system. Take a peek at the current progress in our image below, and don't forget to join our Discord to get access to the tech demo happening on October 13th!

https://discord.gg/pokeforce

Rainbow Dum Dum

Dum Dum
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    this looks super cool, at first i thought it was something like PokeMMO but this looks different

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Oooh~. I'm efinitely interested. I joined the discord so I ca keep track of this better.

Days
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Oooh~. I'm efinitely interested. I joined the discord so I ca keep track of this better.

We're glad to have you in the discord!

this looks super cool, at first i thought it was something like PokeMMO but this looks different.

While this project does have similarities to other Pokemon MMOs, we have many differences geared towards giving players much more options for their adventure. More to come soon on that.

---

Something of note to mention, we are currently actively recruiting mappers, we'll be using the program called Tiled in order to make our maps, if you're interested, please either DM here or message Gawerty on our official discord at: https://discord.gg/pokeforce

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Will it have scaling coop battles? (i.e. double battles that can be played in party and generated content to support it)

Days
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Will it have scaling coop battles? (i.e. double battles that can be played in party and generated content to support it)

We're discussing a few ideas behind the scenes, but there will likely be something along these lines in the future. Currently the focus is building the client itself, content will be a focus more towards the end of the year.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    omg this reminds me of Pokemmo where I have around 3.7k hours game play, and Im really interested to try this one, best luck my buddies

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    We had a very successful tech demo! Here's some screencaps of the event!

Days
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    se ve muy bien, donde o como lo descargo para probarlo?

saludos.

BJK

Days
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    We're glad to have you in the discord!

While this project does have similarities to other Pokemon MMOs, we have many differences geared towards giving players much more options for their adventure. More to come soon on that.

---

Something of note to mention, we are currently actively recruiting mappers, we'll be using the program called Tiled in order to make our maps, if you're interested, please either DM here or message Gawerty on our official discord at: https://discord.gg/pokeforce

Hi bro, I am an experienced Tiled user and would be happy to help you.

Back