• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon 2050 - A Cyberpunk Story (Pre-alpha v0.0.1 - up to 1st Gym playable)

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2021

3qzEagG.png

Pokémon 2050

Story

Pokémon 2050 is a classic style game set in a cyberpunk dystopia.

A local professor's mysterious disappearance has granted you the opportunity to follow your dream of becoming a Pokémon trainer. Explore all corners of the city, collecting Pokémon, challenging gyms and uncover the secret of Professor Snag's whereabouts.

Features

As a classic style game, much of the game structure will be familiar to Pokémon players. I plan to focus more on the setting, story, and themes than trying to innovate on any game mechanics, or expanding the scope of the game.

However, there are certain "enhanced" features that I consider either too useful to go without, or which strengthen the game's flavour and playability. The most notable of which are:

• Physical/Special split
    • Gen 7 movesets
    • No items in trainer battles
    • Re-usable move tutors and TMs
    • A curated, custom Pokédex featuring Pokémon up to Gen 7

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Credits

Progress and downloads

Last edited:
    Years
  • twenty50-v0.0.1_1630352565655.pngYo, in the game you kept your panel to cheat around the game. Sounds pretty cool lol, I finished the game with Ratty with Earthquake and Blizzard lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    Nice to see that someone managed to create a Pokemon timeline so grim and saddening that everyone inside of it decided to get into Esperanto.

Days
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024

3qzEagG.png

Pokémon 2050

Story

Pokémon 2050 is a classic style game set in a cyberpunk dystopia.

A local professor's mysterious disappearance has granted you the opportunity to follow your dream of becoming a Pokémon trainer. Explore all corners of the city, collecting Pokémon, challenging gyms and uncover the secret of Professor Snag's whereabouts.

Features

As a classic style game, much of the game structure will be familiar to Pokémon players. I plan to focus more on the setting, story, and themes than trying to innovate on any game mechanics, or expanding the scope of the game.

However, there are certain "enhanced" features that I consider either too useful to go without, or which strengthen the game's flavour and playability. The most notable of which are:

• Physical/Special split
    • Gen 7 movesets
    • No items in trainer battles
    • Re-usable move tutors and TMs
    • A curated, custom Pokédex featuring Pokémon up to Gen 7

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Credits

Progress and downloads

Hey man. I'm so excited to play this. I'm gonna download it the second I get home. What's the difference between the regular download and trashman?

Back