• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Academy Life: Forever!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Hey-o, all! Week 4 up to Friday has been written, which means the fourth Character Poll is ready for your voting pleasure! Due to voting fraud in the previous update, there won't be the summary after you vote, but I'll break down the voting results more publicly in the discord later. Remember, this is not a vote for who you want to "date" or "befriend," just who you want to see more scenes of.

Also, remember that if you want questions answered, want access to the wiki, want early access to builds, or want to discuss the game with a community who's friendly and enthusiastic, the discord's for you! Here's the link.

Vote here to influence the future of the game!

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    to bad there is no way to change the change stats ivs evs natures without save editor and ethan having pretty much the same team as red(mc) but in a sense it would be nice to have new game plus where you can transfer your stats and masteries over maybe pokemon depending on if you want to put it in or not

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Mar 10, 2024
    This is excellent work, great to see this project being revived. I also like pretty much all of the changes you've made to the plot and characters, especially Silver getting more time to shine and the MC standing up to Lance (and hell, even Lance feels a little more three dimensional).

I know these kind of projects kind be a lot of work, but whatever you end up getting done is appreciated.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Update 8.15.2023 is out!

Here's a list of some new features you can expect to see in this release. Not all of them are available immediately at the start of Week 4.

- The game has been written out to the end of Week 4, on May 2nd.
    - The first route scenes for Blue, Sonia, Whitney, Professor Kris Cherry, and Hilbert are written.
    - 34 new Pokémon can be caught and trained, not counting evolutions of new and old Pokémon.
    - A new wild area has been implemented. This one might be a bit harder to get to than the others, though!
    - Events for hitting level 20 and 30 proficiencies have been implemented.
    - The item system, which allows you to to equip and use items from your inventory at any time (outside of battle, of course) has been implemented.
    - After a "certain event," it will become possible to sell and gift items, including Experience Shares and Lucky Eggs.
    - Investment should start yielding results, and increase the selection at the Pokémart.
    - Janine will now tell you what level you should be during any freetime.
    - Battle RNG is unseeded.
    - Seeded RNG is no longer based on your name, and is based on a random value. `as^fa9..32 7SShf*#jh` is no longer the luckiest Pokémon Trainer in Kobukan.
    - The PC now has infinite slots from the beginning. I guess you could crash the game, now, if you catch, like, eight billion Rattata.
    - Losing battles in the wild punishes you, but winning consecutive battles rewards you.
    - Updated assets for a great many students and teachers, including Surge, Roxanne, Falkner, Brawly, Karen, Clair, Winona, Red, Ethan, and Cheren.
    - Certain wild and starter Pokémon have been changed. The Starter Scraggy and Dhelmise have been replaced by Sneasel and Maractus. The wild Litwick has been replaced with Litten. All Pokémon previously in the game are still accessible, one way or another.
    - Many, many, bugfixes.
    - Added two new bondable characters.
    - Removed Red.

Finally, here are some screenshots!

Spoiler:

Please report bugs and typos in the discord, linked in the OP.

Also, let's all give a big hand to our beta testers. (Any bugs that got through are, of course, entirely their fault, and definitely not mine.)

Enjoy!~

EDIT: Bugfix build 8.21b.2023 is now out!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    WTF is with that plot twist I really hope red doesn't stay away from Kobakan for too long I was getting ready to date leaf

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Howdy, folks! Voting for Week 5 is now open. Due to voting fraud in the previous two polls (like, wow, really? You're going to cheat on this?), our new polls are using a more secure discord-based format--and this is the format that will be used for all future polls, too. I know it's less convenient than google docs, but it's quite necessary to maintain election integrity, so that's what we're going with.

So, in order to participate in the voting for Week 5, please follow these steps!
    - Join the discord, link here.
    - Read the rules.
    - Read the most recent post in the #announcements channel, which explains the new voting process.

Happy voting!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    the downloads for the latest version are mixed up. The windows file leads to a mac download and vice versa

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    is there a means to change natures and IVs? Pikachu's stats I understand are supposed to be indicitive of the plot somewhat but there has to be a way to improve them I assume.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    i think starters should be immune to that cap rule cause some like pikachu and whatever pokemon you choose and maybe update it to 9 of each type

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    i kind of wished there was a way to to speak at the end and being able to change that outcome and being able to have new game plus a save where skills and class levels are transferred over

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Update 10.27.2023 is out!

Here's a list of some new features you can expect to see in this release. Not all of them are available immediately at the start of Week 5.

- The game has been written out to the end of Week 5, on May 9th. This includes the first round, and therefore first three battles, of the Quarter Qlashes.
    - Most character route scenes have new, post-Week 4 alternate versions that account for the events of Week 4.
    - 1 new Frenzied Pokémon has been implemented.
    - Upon loading in, you should be given a "Mystery Gift" Pokémon that will appear in your PC. Check it out at your first convenience!
    - Updated assets for a great many students, other characters, and teachers, including Iris, Jasmine, Koga, Grusha, Roxanne, Olivia, Mom, Bianca, and Professor Oak.
    - After a certain point, characters will have "moods", which passively affect your bond with them over time.
    - After a certain point, a new mechanic will become available that massively changes how you train and battle your Pokémon.
    - Introduced three new characters.
    - Many, many, bugfixes.
    - Removed Ethan.

Please report bugs and typos in⁠ ⁠⁠⁠the discord, and join in the largest and most active community of PAL:F fans! (Seriously, I really want to talk with you guys, but I only really have time to monitor one social stream at a time. All the voting takes place in the discord now, too!)

Also, let's all give a big hand to our beta testers. I think they really caught a lot of bugs this time--hopefully this week should be a smooth release.

Here are some screenshots:

Spoiler:

Enjoy!~

EDIT: Bugfix version 10.29.2023 is out!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Howdy, folks! Voting for Week 6 is now open. Due to voting fraud in previous two polls (like, wow, really? You're going to cheat on this?), our new polls are using a more secure discord-based format--and this is the format that will be used for all future polls, too. I know it's less convenient than google docs, but it's quite necessary to maintain election integrity, so that's what we're going with. But I said all this last time. Now, without further ado:

In order to participate in the voting for Week 6, please follow these steps!
    - Join the discord, link here.
    - Read the rules.
    - Read the most recent post in the #announcements channel, which explains how to vote.

Happy voting!

Days
    • Seen Jan 22, 2024
    great game. I was wondering if you might be able to do like 8 classes, 6 type classes 1 gym and 1 lunch. Could it be possible to have all the starter pokemon from the game be able to be picked as 1 of your starter pokemon. I made it to the qq battle with dawn and my pikachu changed, but I can't understand the mode. Liked it said she was going to use a dragon move, sxo does that mean I need to click to the dragon type icon in pikachu's new mode or what?

Plz game gods heed my call

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    great game. I was wondering if you might be able to do like 8 classes, 6 type classes 1 gym and 1 lunch. Could it be possible to have all the starter pokemon from the game be able to be picked as 1 of your starter pokemon. I made it to the qq battle with dawn and my pikachu changed, but I can't understand the mode. Liked it said she was going to use a dragon move, sxo does that mean I need to click to the dragon type icon in pikachu's new mode or what?

Plz game gods heed my call
    Dunno if you already figured it out but Dawn says the type move and in response, your pikachu can change its type to its immune to.

Back