• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acrylic Painting

Years
Hey, this is my acrylic painting, I found the pic on the internet and wanted to paint it. The size is about 60x90 cm.

I have many more Pokémon related acrylic paintings but they are unfinished. I think I will publish them here once I manage to finish them.

2yvowtg.jpg

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
You take a great effort to make a neat drawing. They are sweet though, but I do like the zubat ( or gobalt ) to appeal in it.

But anyways, good job!

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 2, 2019
So, since you just painted this, I'd suggest probably going a bit darker with the trees. When you have two separate masses with similar colors, they have a tendency to blend and distract the eye from the more important mass. It's a bit harder to focus on Squirtle and Bulbasaur, and to a lesser extent, Marill, because of this.

What you could do for ambiance, since there is a Zubat flying in the background, is turn the sky night-dark, which would give a stronger sense of tone to the main focus (the Pokemon sleeping) of the drawing.

I'm also a bit confused by the loss of one of Pikachu's feet, but I assume there was a likely a painting mistake around that area, which is perfectly fine, considering the tiny lines you had to work with - I'd hate to paint around that, too. I also noticed Bulbasaur's toes getting superseded by the tree - also something I imagine would have be difficult to paint over. I think what you could have done was penned over it after the paint dried - still can, as a matter of fact.

Everything else looks fine, so keep it up!

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for the long feedback. I'm definitely not very good with colors but I think, as I see the painting with my eyes, that the colors look fine. Perhaps the outlines of the leaves should be a little more clear though.

I can't find the original drawing right now (but I will in case somebody wants to see it, remember it's not mine) but I agree with Pikachu's feet now that i take a closer look. I think the other one is hiding behind Togepi and cannot be seen but perhaps that is a little unclear. When it comes to Bulbasaur, it's just the matter of colors. With the real painting in front of me I can see the "missing" leg is just really the same color as the trees. I can tell why there's confusion.

Hey, I truly appreciate this feedback. I think I will take better care of the details in my future works. Thank you!

Oh and one mistake I made during painting that I actually noticed but, I have to admit I just laughed it off, is Hoothoot's missing leg. I mean I know he stands on one feet but there is only like the foot part there, the leg part being missing. I just thought it was funny and I was already so far with the outlines that I just left that mistake there on purpose. lol.

Back