• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Alchemist

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
  • so far i've found a few minor hiccups like my pokemon's typing being mislabled in the PC box and being able to enter oak's lab through the wall one tile left of the door somehow. any more and i'll keep a note of it to tell you, great game though btw

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Feb 10, 2017
    Why is it so hard to find these simple hm's? Something like Surf shouldn't be so hard to obtain since you are not given any hints within the game about how you can get them.

Jttyzzle

Creator of Pokémon Alchemist.
    Years
  • Why is it so hard to find these simple hm's? Something like Surf shouldn't be so hard to obtain since you are not given any hints within the game about how you can get them.

All of the Hidden Machines are given to you by important characters in the game.
    Surf by your Mother, who is in your direct path returning to Ocean Town. (This is actually hinted by the first Gym Leader, too)
    Fly is given to you by your rival in an unmissable cutscene.
    Strength is given to you by Looker in a Pokemon Center.
    Waterfall is given to you by your rival and is optional in completing the game.
    Rock Smash is given by the Safari Warden, and optional in completing the game. (The only truly missable one in my opinion)

Last edited:

Jttyzzle

Years
  • Is there fairy typing in this game?
    No, Fairy is not in the game. The game runs according to Gen 5.

Where can I download this game?
    Just follow the google link. The download is the top thing on the google doc.

Update: 2.1 is out and includes fixes seen here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bfC0W46H5KDM6QazPHKA6GhGcpKcy4hM01rlMoB3VqE
    Alongside:
    Route 5 - Graphite transition fixed
    Cafe added to Temporal Town so you can grind and not get stuck because of the battles.

Last edited:

Jttyzzle

Years
  • Game is stuck after picking starter and leaving the lab..

I'm not sure at all what would suddenly cause this, as I've done the opening a thousand times, and seen it a thousand times, but I'll look into it.
    I'll update this post if I find something.

Update: It was a quick find. Had to do with the some stuff on the beach being made unpassable as a side effect to some of the other bug fixes I did recently.
    A new update is available that fixes the issue.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Feb 1, 2023
    I'm not sure at all what would suddenly cause this, as I've done the opening a thousand times, and seen it a thousand times, but I'll look into it.
    I'll update this post if I find something.

Update: It was a quick find. Had to do with the some stuff on the beach being made unpassable as a side effect to some of the other bug fixes I did recently.
    A new update is available that fixes the issue.

thank you c:

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 28, 2019
    So I just started the game a few days ago with the latest build. And I really love it so far. I only have two major problems:
    1) The PC: In the PC-Hud the type of the selected pokemon is all messed up and as soon as I try to rename the box the game crashes.
    2) No matter where I healed up last, Ralts will always Teleport to the PokéCenter in MountainVillage (or was is City? :D)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 28, 2019
    Now I have a real problem... I did a bug-catching contest and saved afte I caught a beautiful scyther. but everytime just after i get announced as the winner and get my rare candy the game just crashes. I can't get out anymore...
    I can't link the picture of the error message jet... Sais following:

Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occured.
    Script error withing event 8, map 30 (Graphite Park Pavillion):
    Exception: ArgumentError
    MEssage: (eval):1:in `pbReceiveltem' wrong number of arguments (0 for 1)

Kernel.pbReceiveltem
    (PBItems:RARECANDY)

Jttyzzle

Years
  • So I just started the game a few days ago with the latest build. And I really love it so far. I only have two major problems:
    1) The PC: In the PC-Hud the type of the selected pokemon is all messed up and as soon as I try to rename the box the game crashes.
    2) No matter where I healed up last, Ralts will always Teleport to the PokéCenter in MountainVillage (or was is City? :D)

Now I have a real problem... I did a bug-catching contest and saved afte I caught a beautiful scyther. but everytime just after i get announced as the winner and get my rare candy the game just crashes. I can't get out anymore...
    I can't link the picture of the error message jet... Sais following:

Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occured.
    Script error withing event 8, map 30 (Graphite Park Pavillion):
    Exception: ArgumentError
    MEssage: (eval):1:in `pbReceiveltem' wrong number of arguments (0 for 1)

Kernel.pbReceiveltem
    (PBItems:RARECANDY)

Hi, sorry to hear about these glitches. Some of these, like the types in the PC being bugged, I'm not sure just yet how to fix. As for the teleport, I don't actually know why that's happening. It doesn't seem documented on the Essentials Wiki, so I'm not quite sure why it would pick that door over the other ones. If a solution comes up, or I missed something, I'll be sure to update it.
    As for the bug catching contest though, I have fixed that... I think. I've done the contest 3 times and lost every time, despite my excellent captures of Heracross, Dustox and Scyther. I'm going to assume it's working because it's just like the other items now.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    Hi, I am playing the 2.1 version and for some reason I can't walk through the 1st bridge in Sandveil City. It's like there is a invisible wall blocking the path.

What should I do?

Jttyzzle

Years
  • Hi, I am playing the 2.1 version and for some reason I can't walk through the 1st bridge in Sandveil City. It's like there is a invisible wall blocking the path.

What should I do?

Hi, sorry about the glitch. It seems there's been troubles with bridges lately. I've fixed the problem and uploaded a fix.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 25, 2017
    I'm just wondering what the Level jumps are for after each gym battle. Or at least Simon, trainer/Blue Ribbon pokemon jump 4-5 levels after my battle with Simon. I mean I'm getting by, but its hard when my pokemon are 5-6 levels under the other trainers

Also, the incense dealer in Lower Sandveil has a script error and closes the game

Jttyzzle

Years
  • I'm just wondering what the Level jumps are for after each gym battle. Or at least Simon, trainer/Blue Ribbon pokemon jump 4-5 levels after my battle with Simon. I mean I'm getting by, but its hard when my pokemon are 5-6 levels under the other trainers

Also, the incense dealer in Lower Sandveil has a script error and closes the game

The 4th gym has low 30's and the 5th gym has mid 30's. I think the problem around that point, in retrospect, was that all the playtesters and myself went into the Sandveil Mines, which give a lot of XP. I'll tone down trainers after Simon a level or two.
    Thanks for telling me about the Incense dealer as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 25, 2017
    Sorry to bother again, but wheres a good place to train for Gracidea, as well as Colress said he wanted to battle, but I can't find him

Back