• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Aquamarine (Version 3.0.0, updated as of November 21, 2023)

Which of the 9 variants do you plan on playing?

• Opal (Eevee)

Votes: 48 6.7%
  • Aquamarine (Vaporeon)

Votes: 116 16.3%
  • Topaz (Jolteon)

Votes: 49 6.9%
  • Garnet (Flareon)

Votes: 23 3.2%
  • Amethyst (Espeon)

Votes: 86 12.1%
  • Onyx (Umbreon)

Votes: 144 20.2%
  • Turquoise (Leafeon)

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • Quartz (Glaceon)

Votes: 66 9.3%
  • Zircon (Sylveon)

Votes: 141 19.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Sorry for the repeated "stupid" questions however I have this one:. Where do I get HM waterfall, do I need it before the 7th gym or afterward?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sorry for the repeated "stupid" questions however I have this one:. Where do I get HM waterfall, do I need it before the 7th gym or afterward?

No worries. Waterfall is postgame, you get it at Port Aurora. You don't need it to get through the Event Horizon Falls, there's a non-waterfall path to the next city.

ookamishadows

ookamishadows
    Years
  • Having fun so far. Considering to do this as a let's play on my channel. Thing is how do I word my Let's play lol 'Let's Play Pokemon Aquamarine Opal Variant' or Pokemon Opal (Aquamarine)?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Having fun so far. Considering to do this as a let's play on my channel. Thing is how do I word my Let's play lol 'Let's Play Pokemon Aquamarine Opal Variant' or Pokemon Opal (Aquamarine)?

Opal (Aquamarine) probably sounds more fluid since the other would imply calling the Vaporeon variant "Pokemon Aquamarine Aquamarine Variant" haha. Let's plays sound like a lot of fun, I'd love to see how people go about this game.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm playing Onyx version, but on Titanic II, the rival has Sylveon.

The Rival chose the Eevee that canonically evolves into Sylveon, whereas you likely chose the one that canonically evolves into Umbreon. It depends on the description text the Eevee you chose had at the beginning.

ookamishadows

ookamishadows
    Years
  • Thanks for the sage advice. I think I am going with that idea. I am going to start my let's play this week, I hope it will encourage others to download this fun game :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Every time I try to press A on a smashable rock, the game freezes. Going to my party and selecting Rock Smash still works, and I can break rocks from there.

Edit 1: I can't get past a certain point in Triunfo without the hack freezing. Picture for reference. When I go past the tile the red circle indicates, the game freezes. That sucks because I can't go to the Pokemon League without a Walkthrough Walls cheat.

BZ1a6Rs.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Every time I try to press A on a smashable rock, the game freezes. Going to my party and selecting Rock Smash still works, and I can break rocks from there.

Edit 1: I can't get past a certain point in Triunfo without the hack freezing. Picture for reference. When I go past the tile the red circle indicates, the game freezes. That sucks because I can't go to the Pokemon League without a Walkthrough Walls cheat.

BZ1a6Rs.png

Oh! Thanks for the reference, I'll look into it right away.

Years
    • Seen yesterday

BZ1a6Rs.png

Fixed the issue with the breakable rocks. There might still be a few bugged ones around, but I think I got the majority of them, if not all.

Got victory road to work, apparently adding new trainers messed a bunch of things up, and of course I didn't notice since I use WTW to debug. The fixes I made might have broken some other things, but for now, victory road should work properly.

I'll get an updated version up soon, within the next day most likely. Gotta fix up a few things I found along the way.

Years
  • Don't know if I didn't read the thread correctly or anything but are the other versions (amethyst, onyx, etc) available yet or are they in the works?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just restarted my game and I made sure to get the Pokedex before the running shoes and I still didn't get the national dex. This is really weird. It still won't let me evolve Eevee into an Espeon.

Edit: Actually disregard this post. I restarted from before I got the running shoes and it just gave me the national dex. Weird.

Hey! I managed to figure out why you didn't get the national dex! Should be fixed up in the upcoming update, thank you for bringing this issue to my attention!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2019
    Sorry for askin but how does my Bagon and Larvitar envole?
    They're both over lv30 envole start to envole but then... nothing happens?

Years
    • Seen yesterday

It's a bug with obtaining the national dex. I fixed it just moments ago, though I will make a fix in an upcoming update. Expect it later today, sorry for the inconvenience

Years
    • Seen yesterday

I just uploaded the updated patch. Talk to the ace trainer in the Andromeda City pokemon center to fix your evolution problem

Years
    • Seen yesterday

BZ1a6Rs.png

And that should do it. Updated patch is up. Thanks a ton for pointing out those bugs!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    And that should do it. Updated patch is up. Thanks a ton for pointing out those bugs!

It just freezes at an earlier point on that floor. Like where the nurse is, if I go past her, the game freezes.

Using the walkthrough walls cheat to exit, I tried to heal in Lunar Plateau and the game crashed again. I did it with all cheats disabled, still crashes. The screen goes crazy after healing..

I healed elsewhere and destroyed the Pokemon League. Easy. I was overleveled, but still easy. Didn't help that the Champion for example basically begged me to use setup moves because his offensive moves were garbage.

Also could you at least have some kind of documentation, info on the Fakemon? I know I could just level them up, check to see if any stone works on certain ones and determine how some of them evolve, but I'm not about that time commitment. Quite frankly the bugs I've encountered have dampened my mostly positive experience of the hack. Also I feel no matter what my choice is at the end of the Pokemon League, the same thing will happen. I'm going to test both endings to see if that's true. If it is, I'm leaving this hack on a sour note, not to play it again. Sorry for the harsher tone, I'm just annoyed at this point.

The game freezes when I try to use fly. This started to happen after flying to Clock Isle from outside Quasar Cavern. Screen goes black. Also, buggy dialogue when talking to Caleb after giving him the Sapphire. Yeah I want to be done with this hack.

Last edited:
    Back