• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Aquamarine Version [RMXP]

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
Years
  • This is a bit more than just an idea, but I thought I'd get more attention here than only putting this game out in the Recruitment Thread. If you haven't seen that post, you can ask to join the AM Team here. This is a "present ideas and recruit members" thread, with more in-depth ideas. Team info will be below.

Overview:

In this game you'll explore the new Mihdo Region, a frontier of Pokemon Research to the north of Kanto and Johto. It has a cooler climate than the two regions, with a more evergreen environment. You are the child of a famous explorer and a renowned Coordinator who decided to settle in the small town of Aokusa to escape the bustle of the rest of Mihdo.

As you travel, you will encounter Team Rocket (they will dissapear quickly, this is just a Johto/Kanto reference) and the mysterious organization known as the Pokemon Syndicate. Their motives to you are a mystery, and as you progress through the game, you'll learn more about them.

Features:

Haunted Areas:
    Strange areas visitable only at night, the only place to find Ghost Pokemon.
    Active Gym Leaders:
    Leaders aren't just stationary beings, they're protectors of the town and nearby area. This means you won't always be able to battle them right away.
    Various Environments
    75 New Pokemon
    Master Trainers:

These Trainers could have made the Elite Four or Gym Leader position if it wasn't for a minor flaw. Advanced, you'll find them in secluded locations. They have a specialty type.
    New Puzzles
    Intriguing Storyline

Beginning Story:

You live in Aokusa Town with your mother and neighbors, as well as the local professor. Your father lives here as well, and is a famous explorer of ruins. When you start the game, he will be out of town on a long trip, coming home but not there yet. Your mother asks you to go to the shop in Gakkai City and get her a loaf of PokeBread. It's a new pastry, and she's been wanting to go and get it ever since it came out the day before. She was going to wait until your father came back, but decides that you could borrow a Pokemon from the Aokusa Lab and go there yourself.

Your friend and neighbor catches you on the way to the lab, and decides to accompany you. Together you two obtain a Pokemon, on the condition that you will also retrieve a package for the Professor. You head east to Route 49, where your real adventure begins...

Because of the major changes in plotline when compared to a normal [Pokemon] game, for sake of spoilers I'll end it there. Let's just say you may not leave the second area for a good while, and you won't want to. ;)

Screenshots:

Most of these are recent betas, used while testing the new overworld sprite.

Fakemon:
    Just so you can see some of what you'll encounter in the game.

From left to right: Adenite, Larvile, Chryspod, and Sporunt

Team:
    If you want to join, post here to apply, or private/visitor message me, as I'm the AM Team Leader.

Current Team:
    Leader: Me
    AceDragonite: Storyline
    Ben: Spriting
    Cilerba: Eventing
    Dewitty: Eventing
    Lala19357: Composer
    tnguye3:Spriter

Positions Needed:

-fakemon spriter, yes, for Fakemon. ( I have one, but more would be nice )
    -scripter; would love to have one, it's more for the extra sparkle in the GUI and stuff
    -trainer spriter; some help with my trainers... =]

I need people that are good at what they do and are willing to dedicate some time to this project. I also would like those with quality work, especially in the spriting department.

I hope this piques your interest, and thank you for taking a look at this thread!

I want to get this game going at a much faster pace soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2012
    You know, although I don't post much,I've been lurking (for lack of a better word) around for awhile now, and your name has tended to poo up quite a bit, This all looks very promising, and I expect to see this achieve a lot in the future.

I know there isn't a position available, but if you ever need a mapper, I'm certainly available to dedicate a decent amount of time with this project.

~ m!nt

incognito322

Years
  • That's nice, um you meant "pop up", right? XD

Oh... hm, I'm solid with maps, but I'd like a second eye. You're good at critiquing maps, no?

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
  • This looks like an interesting Idea, and I support it. You've done the lineless effect well with your enviroment, and it looks good.
    I like what you've given of the story so far and I look forward to stalking the updates here.

Also to show my support and interest I've made you a simple quick banner if you'd like to use it in your sig or something ^^

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2012
    That's nice, um you meant "pop up", right? XD

Oh... hm, I'm solid with maps, but I'd like a second eye. You're good at critiquing maps, no?

Haha yes, I did mean 'pop up'.

And I'd be more than happy to give some feedback on some maps of yours. :)

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    oh, so THIS is Cherrim. This game is looking really nice, I'd be willing to OW sprite but I'm not sure if I'm good enough yet...

incognito322

Years
  • @ Zadow: Oh, wow, thank you! =D I would love to use that as a personal banner!

@ m!nt: Alrighty then. I'll PM you when I need your help. =) Thanks.

@ AceDragonite: Um, if you could show me some of your work, I'd be glad to give you an opinion as to how well you do overworlds.

Last edited:

Pokeman298

Life knows not right nor wrong
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    geez, this project looks like it has potential. keep up the work.

incognito322

Years
  • Thanks for the comments. I updated the screenshots and added some more information. Check the first post. X3 If you'd rather me post recent stuff with my posts, then let me know, and I will, but I will always update the first post no matter what.

incognito322

Years
  • I added some more screens. Progress is going slowly, mainly because I don't have much help. -_- But now we have a composer, so no using MIDIs from older games!

=D

incognito322

Years
  • *bump* I added a map for interest, if you want to see. Working on putting together some things for a video. =3 Hope you guys are looking forward to it.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • This project is coming along real nicely.
    I love the sprites...and the tiles are gorgeous! They give this kind of fresh touch. Like semi-3D ish? xD
    Anyways - looking forward to the video. ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2014
    I know the feeling of working solo. Still haven't gotten ANY members for my game. But yours is looking really good so far. Good luck, I'll be keeping an eye on it. :]

incognito322

Years
  • @ Cilerba: Thanks. But you are on the team now. I hope to see something from you mister, after I figure how to work that out...

Anyway, this part of the week will be very busy for me. I'll probably end up finding time to put something here, but if I don't I'll be studying, or trying to. XD
    Sunday I should continue regular updates of sorts. =3 thanks for your support guys. I'll have banners out at that time, too.

Back