• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Armistice v2.2 (Two Gyms)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    I hardly consider pidgey or even swablu weak but I see what you mean.

Speaking of normal types while I understand what you were going for at the start with most of the wild encounters you have before the tournament, theres too many dual normal types on route 400 IMO. Smolive, Bidoof, Litleo and so on are all good, yes, but the other pokemon that exist in the area matching their primary type (from what I saw Hopip is the only one of the three types that isnt also a normal type) are far far rarer than they should be. I would suggest upping the encounter rate on the other types present, and maybe add some more variance in the common types seen early game to help with team building. I may have to restart my game as I backed myself into a hole as I cant get passed the kimono theater battle because I failed to get a full team of six because of how prevalent dual normal types were. An Oddish would make some amount of sense along the path before you go to the tournament as would perhaps (emphasis on perhaps) Pichu or Poochyena. Either that or possibly allow Smolive/Bidoof/Litleo to change from being normal types into something else when they evolve.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I hardly consider pidgey or even swablu weak but I see what you mean.

Speaking of normal types while I understand what you were going for at the start with most of the wild encounters you have before the tournament, theres too many dual normal types on route 400 IMO. Smolive, Bidoof, Litleo and so on are all good, yes, but the other pokemon that exist in the area matching their primary type (from what I saw Hopip is the only one of the three types that isnt also a normal type) are far far rarer than they should be. I would suggest upping the encounter rate on the other types present, and maybe add some more variance in the common types seen early game to help with team building. I may have to restart my game as I backed myself into a hole as I cant get passed the kimono theater battle because I failed to get a full team of six because of how prevalent dual normal types were. An Oddish would make some amount of sense along the path before you go to the tournament as would perhaps (emphasis on perhaps) Pichu or Poochyena. Either that or possibly allow Smolive/Bidoof/Litleo to change from being normal types into something else when they evolve.

I didn't want to be the one that mentions it, but no one seems to have found the Route 400's hidden spot yet. There's more Pokémon in that area than what it says on the signboard. I left a few hints about it in the game already.

There are a few dual normal types in Chapter 1, yes. But that shouldn't affect your ability to defeat the Kimonogirls. No Pichu, but Pachirisu's available during daytime in Jinko Woods.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    oh no I found the hidden area, I wont say anything more about it though so others find it themselves. All I'll say is managed to get a roggenrolla. That said thank you for your advice I'll keep trying for now.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wow the game currently has more than 600 downloads, thank you so much everyone! Means a lot to me.
    I haven't really received some reviews yet though, and would love to hear your opinions.
    Were you shocked by the story's plot twists? Did the boss enemies surprise you with their tricks? Which starter did you choose?
    Feel free to share them either here, or DM me privately at [email protected]

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello, just started playing, and I already feel like asking

Is there any repercussion for choosing Totodile/Chikorita, due to the implication of their types within the region

And second of all, the name rater crashes the game if you don't have any pokemon. Maybe the Poke-center should be blocked until you get your starter ?

I've picked Cyndaquil since I wanted to try it out (Given that I stick to the two others in most games) , and it's somewhat been carrying so far

The first 'boss' caught me off guard at first, though once you defeat
    Spoiler:

But also, after that very same fight, I got softlocked. I left the building to heal up, and then the garden entrance sort of. Disappeared

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks for the substantial report, it's very useful! I'll answer the questions in order:

The "restricted" types is more of a story/world-building statement that will be developed further down the road. The region doesn't like you having the "stronger" typings. No story-related repercussions, though
    Spoiler:

Sorry about the name rater. I've playtested this game a frustrating number of times but didn't test him then, thanks for the feedback.

Glad to hear the mini-boss surprised you, sounds like
    Spoiler:

Could you explain more about how the garden entrance disappeared? The one at the right of Jinko village, through the green gatehouse? Its a normal exit, with nothing but a monk blocking it until you clear the town's mini-boss (which you have).

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think the very-early game might need to be tailored to Cyndaquil's presence tbf, mostly because most of the Pokemon seen so far do not bode well against the Adap-Boosted Ember

Or maybe just 'lock' Adaptability until Quilava ?

And oh
    I probably had imagined the entrance was in the middle of the building. I don't know how did I come to that conclusion, but my bad. TY

EDIT : There's also a bug where using the last remaining item of a kind of consumable in your bag just crashes the game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think the very-early game might need to be tailored to Cyndaquil's presence tbf, mostly because most of the Pokemon seen so far do not bode well against the Adap-Boosted Ember

You would probably retract your statement once you finish the chapter.

Thanks for the bug report, could you tell me which item was it? I didn't have that problem while playtesting.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just finished the chapter(I think?) , and I stand proud(?) here to say Quilava still somewhat came in clutch during the battle.

The thing mostly holding the team back is the essentials AI, I feel. Since it very much seems to be picking attacks at random. Heck, the Roggenrola would'nt explode until my...Third attempt, after I went back there out of curiosity.

Big thanks to Smolive + Quilava + Rogenrolla for the clutch (And maybe Stufful to an extent)

And it really seems to be any kind of consumable I've tested, so far. Be it a Potion, oran berry, etc

You should probably also check for some mons in the Rock Smash learning pool, since it wasn't a TM in gen 7 and 8.

As an example, uh. Stufful can't learn it

Edit - Are TMs intended to be single-use ?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just finished the chapter(I think?) , and I stand proud(?) here to say Quilava still somewhat came in clutch during the battle.

The thing mostly holding the team back is the essentials AI, I feel. Since it very much seems to be picking attacks at random. Heck, the Roggenrola would'nt explode until my...Third attempt, after I went back there out of curiosity.

Big thanks to Smolive + Quilava + Rogenrolla for the clutch (And maybe Stufful to an extent)

And it really seems to be any kind of consumable I've tested, so far. Be it a Potion, oran berry, etc

You should probably also check for some mons in the Rock Smash learning pool, since it wasn't a TM in gen 7 and 8.

As an example, uh. Stufful can't learn it

Edit - Are TMs intended to be single-use ?

Sigh I really need some experienced game designers to help with the script and battle AI. But hope you enjoyed the story so far.
    I'll look into the item issue and try to fix HM/TMs. TM settings are the standard Pokemon Essentials, while I'm trying to replace HMs.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    in Pokemon Armistice at the rock where you first get to with the geishia the person can not move after the scientist move don't have rock smash and have already fought the 3 gehsiha girls thanks

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sorry, I can't tell which part you're at. Have you been to Route 403 yet? Could you send a screenshot of where you're stuck?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, v2.0 is out!! Here's a FAQ:
    Can I use my previous save from v1.0?
    Nope. v2.0 uses Pokémon Essentials v21.1, instead of the previous v20.1. But after seven more months of experience and everyone's reviews, I've thoroughly overhauled Chapter One as well. Lots of graphics has been updated and most importantly, bugs with the game's bosses has been fixed!!

What's changed?
    Basically everything has been updated from v1.0. While the art may not be fantastic, you won't see any shoddy ones. Now that I got the hang of making this game, I won't expect much further changes to these first two chapters for a while. Most of the bugs found by others above this comment has been fixed already.

These graphics & audio are a little familiar.
    I've based this game on Pokémon Reborn for two reasons: It's challenging but fun gameplay, and amazing soundtrack. Lots of the battle themes you will hear are from Reborn. I've also had to take two tilesets from the game. NONE of the graphics & audio are mine!! I've used Photoshop to edit some freely shared graphics, contact me if you wish to take them down.

Best part of this game?
    Alot of the mid-game bosses come with fun and surprising twists, especially the ones after each chapter's "turning point". Was hilarious facing them, hope you enjoy.
    P.S. There's an optional mid-game boss in Chapter 2 with a really high level. Feel free to skip him for now, it's super tough with the current level cap.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I like the game, though i found a script error when encountering a trainer in route 400.

Pokémon Armistice v2.2 (Two Gyms)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sorry about that, looks like Game.exe causes new trainer types to crash because of no Trainer intro sounds.
    Everyone, please download v2.1 of the game instead (header updated)! I've removed all Trainer intro sounds, which I didn't use in the first place. None of the trainers should crash now.
    Weird that I didn't have this problem in v1.0.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Again, everyone, please download v2.1 of the game instead (header updated)!
    The previous version caused some trainers to crash. This has been fixed, your saves can be continued.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    My bad, rushed the fix too much.
    v2.2's new game fixes this (header updated). Those who've already started a new game can skip this update.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen today
    here to say i'm a big fan of this game already!
    i'm very intrigued and can't wait to see what the future holds :D

Back