• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
This hack was just updated a few days ago Butcher.....you should look at the front page.

Man u see on top of main post: " May 31st, 2009 (8:26 PM). Edited May 10th, 2015 by metapod23"

So wasnt edited from that day - i dont know where u sow edit post. Yes is writed 4.5 but in post u have a info of day relese and what version etc

Next time check before u post wrong info post

Im going to assume from the structure of this reply that English isnt your first language.

That being said, to return to your original question no this project is not dead.
Metapod updated the hack to version 4.5.3 last year may 10th.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
To add to my last post butcher if you bothered to read the post that metapod posted fully you'd know that at the bottom
Updates:
5/9/15 - beta 4.5.3 with fix for activated Make Room for Gloom event released
AshGray Beta 4.5.3
5/8/15 - beta 4.5.2 with bug fixes for Agatha and cutting trees in Snorlax event released
AshGray Beta 4.5.2
4/10/15 - Beta 4.51 with bug fixes for after North Pole, Krabby not appearing, and other glitches released
4/5/15 - Beta 4.5 released
7/20/13 - Beta 4.2 released with bug fixes
7/13/13 - Beta 4.1 released with bug fixes
7/10/13 - Beta 4.0 released covering through episode 98 - A Way Off Day Off
9/13/11 - Beta 3.6 released including new animations, tiles, scripts, and some fixed glitches
8/18/11 - Indigo League blackout after fourth round glitch fixed; releasing Pidgeot if you have Pidgeotto on Route 1 glitch fixed and beta 3.5.4 re-released
8/16/11 - Various glitches for Indigo League and Pallet Party Panic fixed and re-released as Beta 3.5.2 3.5.3
8/15/11 - Various glitches for Indigo League fixed and re-released as 3.5.1
8/14/11 - Beta 3.5 covering all of Indigo League has been released
8/3/11 - Working on episode "All Fired Up"
7/30/11 - Working on Victory Road
7/27/11 - Beta 3 bugs fixed and re-released as Beta 3.03
7/26/11 - BETA 3.0 has been released!

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2018
No it isnt my defoult language (also dont use Google translate) to change my language t EN . And i know that from main post . So ahat about u tolk . On main post u have the all info about chanagelog and data releses the beta version . Also the data of editing post or create . And if u check the 4.5.3 data relese is that same like last post main edit.

So what u wont from me?

And i also writed only - for now it is dead or not - last time was a huge stop developing from metapod up to couple years - but after that time hi added new verson ,so who know if now will by that same or hi abendonen his project for 100% - select this topic to email info about changes and u will know some day if will by any new version .

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Just thought you should know there's random grass patches that will automatically restart your game, I don't know if this issue has been addressed at all?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
In Pokemon ash gray, after 51 hours of logged play time... during the charizard chills event. I can fight tad with my charizard and there's no scene. Or I beat him with another poke, then re battle with charizard. He freezes him, I use ice heal. Then when I try to battle him after charizard starts to obey he says he owes me a rematch but the battle doesn't start and I'm stuck without my Lapras... It just closes out of the text, I've tried starting from an old quick save multiple times. But it seems I'm shit outta luck. Any helpful hints or do I need to restart my save?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Hey just want to say i love the game, one question though, is there move relearner/tutor? I cant seem to find them in the game.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 25, 2016
Hi, could anybody please help me?

I was trying to get into the hidden village. I can see the Oddish, but it's blocked by trees. The big trees that are used as walls. There's no way around them so I'm completely stuck. I would post a picture but I need to make 5 posts before I can do that.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 29, 2016
Help I am stuck on shamouti island i did the legendary bird mission but whenever i try to travel to the Butwal island it sends me back to shamouti

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2023
First of all, I would like to applaud metapod23 for making such a great game. I already enjoyed several runs trough the game over the past few years. Recently I started my newest run with version 4.5.3. Currently I just finished the first movie event with Mewtwo. I managed to beat Mewtwo in a fight!

However after the event I return home to my home in Pallet but my mom doesn't ask me to go to the Xanadu Nursery. (I checked the walkthrough to make sure I don't miss any events). Does anyone know why the Make room for Gloom event doesn't activate?

I also checked the updates and it said this problem was fixed...
5/9/15 - beta 4.5.3 with fix for activated Make Room for Gloom event released
AshGray Beta 4.5.3

Would really appreciate you help, especially since the Pokemon League is coming up next and I'm really looking forward to it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 4, 2016
Hey evryone my gaming buddies I have said it should get this version of fire red called ash gray I've been checking it out and it looks cool. I decided I would get it on my Galaxy tab a. I download a fresh rom of fire red and clicked the download link to get the patch. I tried using a patch program from Google play called Unipatch. It didn't work so I decided to send if I could patch it through my boy (my emulator) and it could lent find the file. So then I went into my files check my download history and saw that I downloaded it then I checked my downloads folder and saw it had a file just call Pokémon - AshGray 4.5.3 which was different than the one in my downloads folder which was. Pokemon - AshGray 4.5.3 # GBA.ips. I have no idea what to do so if someone could please help me out in would be extremely happy. I'm also gonna try messaging me today for some assistance.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 5, 2016
when will you be completeing the orange islands, i am dieing to continue on in that area. so loving this game though so loving it. allowing me to sorta walk in ash's shoes and see/experience all that he did

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 3, 2021
I am Stuck in Cerulian GYM in the swimming pool and i cant climb back plz help

Am not trying to insult you or anything, but that's so much in the beginning that it should be obvious what to do.

Even so, exactly where do you need help with?

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2018
@Candaman - if u have small know how to on smartphone patch on pc and pull rom on phone

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2018
the ips patch u have on 1st page 1st post - the GBA fire red rom u need dump from orginal game or ...

Back