• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2018
    Glad to see you're still working on this, Metapod. Considering the second movie is one of my favorite moments in the original series, this should be really good! Doesn't hurt that unlike some other moments, it probably won't need too much modification from the actual events as they happened in the film.

Most people I know would have quit by now, so I'm REALLY glad you haven't! Really hope to see the project get to the end of the storyline! Good luck, man.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    That scripting looks pretty good :) I especially liked Melody's music and dancing. Although... the maps and tile combinations could certainly be better visually and for playing through. For example, coming in from the north of this town looks pretty awkward.

Maybe I just have something against 'up' staircases.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    That scripting looks pretty good :) I especially liked Melody's music and dancing. Although... the maps and tile combinations could certainly be better visually and for playing through. For example, coming in from the north of this town looks pretty awkward.

Maybe I just have something against 'up' staircases.

Using the Orange Islands map, you pretty much have to come in from the north.

Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

The south is where the shrine is and the three islands are south of Shamouti Island.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Yay Finnaly, Metapod is back, i'm looking forward to your next update buddy, Good luck , you can do it!

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2015
    Loving the updates! By the way, is it possible to include the original melody played by Melody in the game? At least for me it was the most memorable thing in the movie

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Loving the updates! By the way, is it possible to include the original melody played by Melody in the game? At least for me it was the most memorable thing in the movie

I'm not very good at creating/inserting music. If anyone could help me with that I'd like to include it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I'm not very good at creating/inserting music. If anyone could help me with that I'd like to include it.

I would suggest Googling some tutorials, maybe there's some on YouTube. ^_^ So... have you thought about your next project? I for one, would love a Johto anime hack, but you're so awesome, any project will have my support.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    Hello,
    First of all, I would like to say a big Thank you to every person who made this hack possible, just wow! Really fun to replay what I saw 13 years ago.

Now I have to say that I'm new on this site, i searched a little bit about my question but didnt found anything.

So I am playing the game right now, just finished beating Mewtwo and finished the whole ''movie part''. But I dont have the teleportation system because I didnt talk to my mom before going on the adventure of beating mewtwo, so now I am stuck there cause I dont have the raft anymore.

Is there anything I can do?

Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2015
    problem in pokemon ash gray

In the cerulean city gym I fell into the water pond between the two separating paths and I am stuck there cannot get out. How can I get out of the pond and face misty??? Pls help me..

Years
  • In the cerulean city gym I fell into the water pond between the two separating paths and I am stuck there cannot get out. How can I get out of the pond and face misty??? Pls help me..

First of all how did you fell in pond ?
    Try Using Repatching or Use VBA-M

Good Luck Metapod on Hack

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    Hi there, and having trouble evolving kadabra.. he is now level 37 with max happiness, (i haven't got as far as to get the soothe bell yet) I have been trying to evolve him leveling up during the day but still nothing.. any thoughts?
    Also when haunter decided to join me, the game kept crashing and going into a black screen every time i tried viewing pokemon stats (beta 4.2), so i patched it with the older version (beta 4.0) and its seems to have solved the problem...
    Could patching the game back to beta 4.0 be stopping kadabra from evolving?
    Or do i have to progress further,?? i'm currently leveling up my party to defeat sabrina's kadabra.

Years
  • Hi there, and having trouble evolving kadabra.. he is now level 37 with max happiness, (i haven't got as far as to get the soothe bell yet) I have been trying to evolve him leveling up during the day but still nothing.. any thoughts?
    Also when haunter decided to join me, the game kept crashing and going into a black screen every time i tried viewing pokemon stats (beta 4.2), so i patched it with the older version (beta 4.0) and its seems to have solved the problem...
    Could patching the game back to beta 4.0 be stopping kadabra from evolving?
    Or do i have to progress further,?? i'm currently leveling up my party to defeat sabrina's kadabra.
    It Might be Possible Since 4.2 has alot of bugs
    Try Using 4.2 again You Have already Done the Hunter event this might Work
    and Use Firered 1.0 with 4.0 it does not have bugs.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I hope the next version will have more TM, especially some more duplicates of ones you get in Kanto since it would help to actually stand a chance against some opponents. Bulbasaur with Sludge Bomb is a necessity and it would be nice for an extra dragon claw TM if we were to train a Dratini.

Also while HMs are removed from this game would it be too much to ask for Pikachu to learn Surf from the surfing guy at the Seafoam Islands akin to how the Venusaur at the Bulbasaur Evolution Ceremony teach's Ash's Bulbasaur how to use Solar Beam? Pikachu needs more move variety in this hack and getting surf would help regardless of not being able to use it outside of battle.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I hope the next version will have more TM, especially some more duplicates of ones you get in Kanto since it would help to actually stand a chance against some opponents. Bulbasaur with Sludge Bomb is a necessity and it would be nice for an extra dragon claw TM if we were to train a Dratini.

Also while HMs are removed from this game would it be too much to ask for Pikachu to learn Surf from the surfing guy at the Seafoam Islands akin to how the Venusaur at the Bulbasaur Evolution Ceremony teach's Ash's Bulbasaur how to use Solar Beam? Pikachu needs more move variety in this hack and getting surf would help regardless of not being able to use it outside of battle.

The next beta will have TMs that don't break and are reusable like HMs.

Pikachu is overpowered enough in this game. I don't think it needs to be able to learn Surf.

Back