• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon: Best Wishes Edition (Castelia City, Nimbasa City Update!)

What region should I focus on after this one?

• Johto

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • Kalos

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • Alola

Votes: 24 21.6%

• Total voters

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I have a question with the game, will you also include the corresponding movies from the BW saga? And will it be like that in the subsequent fangames of Ash's adventures?

Yes, of course! This game takes direct inspiration from AshGray, so I will be including all the 3 movies (the Zekrom/Reshiram movies will be treated as one). One thing I'm a bit unsure about is whether to have the movies as postgame events after beating/getting beaten in the Unova League, or have them placed in between the player's gym journey. Which one would you prefer?

Years
    • Seen today
    Yes, of course! This game takes direct inspiration from AshGray, so I will be including all the 3 movies (the Zekrom/Reshiram movies will be treated as one). One thing I'm a bit unsure about is whether to have the movies as postgame events after beating/getting beaten in the Unova League, or have them placed in between the player's gym journey. Which one would you prefer?

I think that the first 2 movies you should put before the league and movie 3 if you could put it after the league, I put you where I would place them (which is still a suggestion):
    -zekrom / reshiram: although I would have placed it before reaching nimbasa city, I think that this could be placed before reaching the fifth gym, which in the next beta you could start playing from there.
    -keldeo: this movie could be perfectly placed between the seventh gym and the eighth gym.
    -mewtwo and genesect: and here we come to a movie a little difficult to place within the anime, but if I had to place it, it would be after the plasma team arc and before ash and his friends reach the decolore islands.
    Here is my opinion of how I would do it, but it is still a suggestion that I hope I can help with it.

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I think that the first 2 movies you should put before the league and movie 3 if you could put it after the league, I put you where I would place them (which is still a suggestion):
    -zekrom / reshiram: although I would have placed it before reaching nimbasa city, I think that this could be placed before reaching the fifth gym, which in the next beta you could start playing from there.
    -keldeo: this movie could be perfectly placed between the seventh gym and the eighth gym.
    -mewtwo and genesect: and here we come to a movie a little difficult to place within the anime, but if I had to place it, it would be after the plasma team arc and before ash and his friends reach the decolore islands.
    Here is my opinion of how I would do it, but it is still a suggestion that I hope I can help with it.

Sure, that makes sense. The Genesect movie will be made available after the Unova League, maybe right after the Team Plasam arc, and the first two movies will be in between the player's gym journey.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I get this error when I try to play "RGSS102E.dlll could not be found"

This could because you don't have RPGXP Runtime Package. Go to this link and please get it-

https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages

If this doesn't work for you, or anyone else is facing this issue even though they have the Runtime Package, kindly go to the following link and place the .dll file in the game folder. (Most of the time though, the Runtime Package will do the trick.)

https://www.dll-found.com/rgss102e.dll_download.html

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Yea, I talked to the dude who gives a free potion, and my game went and crashed. Alas, I as unable to sscreenshot or anything cause my whole machine froze up, and I had to do a Hard reset.

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Yea, I talked to the dude who gives a free potion, and my game went and crashed. Alas, I as unable to sscreenshot or anything cause my whole machine froze up, and I had to do a Hard reset.

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know how I overlooked that bug. It will definitely be fixed in the next update. Also, someone reported that when they went to the Viridian Mart and tried to buy something, the game froze up. Could you check that? Because it's working fine on my end and I don't know why the other person is getting this error.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I can't at the moment, but the hard crash might not have even been related to this game. My system is old, and likes to surprise me with crashes. I'll check later, and let ya know then!

Years
  • Yes, of course! This game takes direct inspiration from AshGray, so I will be including all the 3 movies (the Zekrom/Reshiram movies will be treated as one). One thing I'm a bit unsure about is whether to have the movies as postgame events after beating/getting beaten in the Unova League, or have them placed in between the player's gym journey. Which one would you prefer?

Forgive my ignorance but is Ashgray the gen 1 looking game? I've heard it mentioned but I don't feel I've ever played it.

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I can't at the moment, but the hard crash might not have even been related to this game. My system is old, and likes to surprise me with crashes. I'll check later, and let ya know then!
    No problem, take your time!

Forgive my ignorance but is Ashgray the gen 1 looking game? I've heard it mentioned but I don't feel I've ever played it.

AshGray is a ROM Hack made by metapod23 which follows Ash's adventures throughout the Kanto region and some part of the Orange Islands. It's pretty fun actually, check it out if you've got the time :)

Years
  • No problem, take your time!

AshGray is a ROM Hack made by metapod23 which follows Ash's adventures throughout the Kanto region and some part of the Orange Islands. It's pretty fun actually, check it out if you've got the time :)

Gotta finish your game before I start that one, can do though! And rom hacks are great because I can put them on my phone!

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Hi! Sorry about late response. Was able to recreate and snag a screenshot of teh Potion giver error at the start of the game. Was also able to shop freely at the Viridian Poke Mart as well https://imgur.com/a/iIf34yM (That's the link to the screenshot, since apparently it doesn't want to work when I put it in normally)
    Thanks! The potion bug should be fixed by the next update! How are you liking the game so far? Any ideas?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I'm still just entering Unova, but it's an interesting Premise, that 's for sure. Dang Iris is a toughie xD

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I'm still just entering Unova, but it's an interesting Premise, that 's for sure. Dang Iris is a toughie xD
    haha yeah it's meant to be like that. There is a steep difficulty curve, but it gets easier as you play through.

Back