• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon: Best Wishes Edition (Castelia City, Nimbasa City Update!)

What region should I focus on after this one?

• Johto

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • Kalos

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • Alola

Votes: 24 21.6%

• Total voters

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    are all game mechanics of 6th gen onwards? I wanna be sure since I was about to check a IV calculator for IVs and I dunno what the stats of Pikachu are in this game since it isnt mentioned if base stats represent their current readout or if hidden power works as it does since X/Y

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    are all game mechanics of 6th gen onwards? I wanna be sure since I was about to check a IV calculator for IVs and I dunno what the stats of Pikachu are in this game since it isnt mentioned if base stats represent their current readout or if hidden power works as it does since X/Y
    Battle mechanics are of Gen 5, but all abilities, scripts, and other mechanics of Gen 6 come pre-installed in Essentials I think.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I figured I would ask considering, I'll play on to see what is and isnt in. It would make sense to keep things gen 5 focused for the most part due to the game's basis but there are just some quality of life changes that would be better from gen six onward which would be useful such as having Hidden Power be as it is in gen six with a base power of 60 every single time which eliminates a lot of unecessary guesswork with IVs and maybe a few other things (it would make sense to update movepools at least, I've gotten accustomed to using unfezant with Night Slash). Other than that I'm ok with everything being as it is in gen five just to keep the feel of the era.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I have an issue in Straiton City, I cant seem to challenge the gym leaders at all.

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I have an issue in Straiton City, I cant seem to challenge the gym leaders at all.
    That's strange. Do the gymleaders not respond at all? This was a bug in an earlier version of the game but it's fixed AFAIK. Did you do something to trigger the "Gym 1 Defeated" Switch?

Also, if you're talking about the fact that the Dreamyard episode and the gym episode overlap with each other, that's supposed to happen.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    That's strange. Do the gymleaders not respond at all? This was a bug in an earlier version of the game but it's fixed AFAIK. Did you do something to trigger the "Gym 1 Defeated" Switch?

Also, if you're talking about the fact that the Dreamyard episode and the gym episode overlap with each other, that's supposed to happen.

No this isnt the dreamyard episode at all, after getting past the two trainers in line and interacting with the brothers, they offer to battle best two out of three for a badge, then nothing happens. After I speak with them they act like I already battled them and I have no badge in my trainer card.

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    No this isnt the dreamyard episode at all, after getting past the two trainers in line and interacting with the brothers, they offer to battle best two out of three for a badge, then nothing happens. After I speak with them they act like I already battled them and I have no badge in my trainer card.
    That's weird. I tried it out now, and it doesn't happen to me. After the event where they decide to battle best two out of three, you need to talk to Chili first, then Cress, then Cilan. It all happens normally for me.

The only thing I can think of is that some event which you interacted with triggered the switch I mentioned before, leading the game to think that you already defeated the gym. I'll have to look into that in the next update.
    As for now, your best option is to revert to an earlier save file, and try the gym again to see where exactly it went wrong.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok I'll try it again and see. The only thing that could have affected anything would have been battling the twi restaraunt employees but those are unavoidable encounters and I dont think those should affect anything.

EDIT: Ok I talked to them again and they are still acting as if we already battled. I specifically saved before going into the cutscene where they introduced themselves and I didnt leave the gym at any point prior.

Last edited:

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Ok I'll try it again and see. The only thing that could have affected anything would have been battling the twi restaraunt employees but those are unavoidable encounters and I dont think those should affect anything.

EDIT: Ok I talked to them again and they are still acting as if we already battled. I specifically saved before going into the cutscene where they introduced themselves and I didnt leave the gym at any point prior.

That's not supposed to happen hmm...

Maybe the difference is (as I was in a hurry to cross-check your report), I interacted with as less people as I could before going into the gym. I did not battle any trainers apart from Trip and Iris, battled just a few wild pokemon, and did not talk to anyone in Striaton City before entering the gym. It could be that hidden among one of those events is this bug.

If you're willing to do it again, you could press F for fast forward and speed through the game right up until the Striaton City gym. It took me about 10 mins to start a new game and reach the gym with fast forward. Interact with as less people as you can, and once you get the badge, come back and battle with all the trainers you missed in Route 2.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I was planning on restarting anyway. A massive pain since I got Tepig and Oshawott with good natures plus apretty tough jolly pidove to boot plus Pikachu had amazing IVs and a good nature for a mixed set...

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I was planning on restarting anyway. A massive pain since I got Tepig and Oshawott with good natures plus apretty tough jolly pidove to boot plus Pikachu had amazing IVs and a good nature for a mixed set...

Really sorry to hear that. I still haven't found the source of this bug, it's hiding away in some event god knows where, it's infuriating me.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    the fact I have to avoid every trainer aside Iris and Trip will make this bizzarely difficult in the end are you sure battling anyone after them has anything to do with this?

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    the fact I have to avoid every trainer aside Iris and Trip will make this bizzarely difficult in the end are you sure battling anyone after them has anything to do with this?
    Well, one can only hope... If it works for you, would you let me know?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok I did exactly as yu suggested and it worked. I dunno what trainer between Accumula and Straighton caused the bug I had but my guess is it could be the trainer with the Sawk. Another thing that came to mind is I didnt know Snivy was in Straighton City so I actually captured it before going into the gym and that could have been a vital piece of the puzzle too, as I had a pokemon for all three of the gym leader brothers as such it may be important to test that too. I would check all of them with the next update however. I now have the badge plus three TMs and the Knife key item.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I found another game breaking bug near the cavern near the daycare Interacting with the lone bouder causes the game to crash.

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I found another game breaking bug near the cavern near the daycare Interacting with the lone bouder causes the game to crash.

Thanks for the report, as well as letting me know about the workaround. I'm a little tied at the moment due to work, but will fix this in the new update as fast as I can.

Back