• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PSDK] Pokémon Blank

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Pokémon Blank

Software/presentation
    Software: Pokémon SDK
    The game presentation and credits can be found here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=449357

Synopsis
    The Arceara region was known in the world for its never-ending conflicts and civil wars. Throughout its history, it underwent countless cycles of revolutions and dictatorships. Until one day, a new revolution emerged and destroyed the opposition. A new government was formed and after a few decades, the region was able to get back on its feet, connect to the rest of the world and flourish as it has never done before.

Unfortunately, old minds, not ready to give up the power they once had, kept working in the dark on a plan to re-sink the region to a state where they could dominate the populations. One day, one of them was able to acquire new dark powers and decided to attack Shedinjir, a city situated on the side of the region, and take control of it. He started by brainwashing people who in turn, brainwashed their relatives. Once he got control of the leaders of the city, he officially declared war with the rest of the region and Shedinjir has been isolated ever since.

This game tells the story of a group of young adults living in the castle of this newly emerged dictator and set to become part of the new generation of Pokémon soldiers that will one day attack the other cities and help to take control of the rest of the region. Every day, they are being trained under unbearable conditions until they become cold machines. Luckily, before any of that happens, they decide they have enough and escape the castle.

The current game
    1. 4G-style Pokémon game created using RPG Maker XP and Pokémon SDK.
    2. The game is quite story-oriented. Players should expect to read a few dialogues, but we made sure to add plenty of opportunities for exploration as well!
    3. A level cap is implemented and is determined by the number of badges. It will allow for a more challenging game, like Pokémon Reborn, as well as preventing the use of a single overpowered Pokémon. After reaching the level cap, a Pokémon will have a much harder time gaining experience.
    4. A TV system was implemented to make the region seem more alive.
    5. Language: English.
    6. Playing time (version 0.3.0): ~11h.

Recruitment
    Hello everyone! I am currently recruiting for an "mapper"/"rpg maker user" to help on this project.

What I will expect from you:

1. knowing your way around the RPG Maker software and how to create maps with it, as well as having a basic understanding of events.
    2. being able to modify/personalise tilesets. You don't need to be a spriter, but if you are, then it's even better!
    3. make sure you can make maps about as good as the ones of Pokémon Blank. I will ask you to show off maps you've done in the past.
    4. make sure you have time to work on a fan-game. I think that spending a few hours a week on this project is the standard (of course I'm not counting holidays or other specific events).

What your role will be:
    I will want you to either create new maps or revamp some older ones. The process will be something like this:
    1. having a chat with me to discuss what kind of map(s) you'll be working on.
    2. Create the tileset (using existing tilesets), make a quick test map, and give it a good atmosphere.
    3. Having another chat with me to discuss what will be going on on that map. The main story is mostly planned already, and you'll need to know about it.
    4. Create the final map.

I usually answer questions quickly and can help you in your work. Hopefully, your help will allow this project to move forward a little faster/better! If you end up being very invested in the game, you'll also be able to add the map's events and more! I really hope to find a good collaborator!

It's better to contact me through Discord. The link to the Discord page is: https://discord.gg/WY7zZYRfyJ.
    And here are some maps from the game:
    Pokémon Blank

Back