• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokémon BW: did you enjoy it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2011
    I didn't like it at first, but as I ventured more and more into the game, I began to like it more, especially the 3D designs. I also thought that the Team Plasma storyline was very good.

Crig

M
    Years
  • I finished white in Japanese, then later finished Black in English, and I have to say I really enjoyed White more. This is probably my favourite now. But I really can't wait for a Pokemon on 3DS :3

jordsters

The master of... TEH FLOON
    Years
  • I really enjoyed my Pokémon Black. I thought the storyline was interesting and I like those 3D effects. I also really like the animated sprites.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • Well I personally loved the game. I finished it yesterday, and I can't wait to get into breeding and stuff. I love all the updates, and the Pokemon aren't that bad. I mean, to be fair, I did play the game with half my party being older-generation Pokemon (Shiny Vaporeon, Flygon, and Ampharos), but the ones I used that were new gen Pokemon (Genesect, Emboar, and Serperior) were also really awesome. If you want new gen Pokemon before beating the E4 so bad, trade! I do agree that the post game isn't great, nothing compared to HGSS where like 60% of the game happens after you beat the E4, but you still look forward to online and stuff.

Summersaurus

Rawrr ❤
    Years
  • I started playing Pokémon Black and Pokémon White for the luls and really enjoyed it after the first twenty minutes. I tried the older games too but for me I love these the most =)
    Hope I feel the same now I'm starting to play it properly.

Years
  • I love BW because of the storyline was diffrent and the 3D effects and the moving sprites. But i still wish they had the sprites walking behind you like in heart of gold/soulsilver

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I loved white, I think it's the best pokemon game ever. Reusable TMs, great graphics, fast menus and text, easier to earn battle points (though still too hard IMO), lots of high lvl trainers instead of the standard lvl 30 crap

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
    Years
  • YES. Black is the best Pokemon game I've ever played, at first I just loved it, but after playing HG I just absolutely lovedlovedloved it! I mean, there's an actual story, the battles are so much faster, I like Unova - actually I even prefer 5th gen pokemon to many of the previous gens. Sure, there are Stunfisks in every gen, but all in all. But mostly it's just that... everything works! The c-gear is so easy to use and I love how there are finally some seriously high leveled trainers so you don't have to grind for the E4 with level 15 Rattatas.

Only thing I really dislike is the amount of wild Pokemon in the caves. I'm always armed with tons of repels - it's just waaay too annoying to try and investigate when every second step you take and... well hello, another Boldore.

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
    Years
  • Of course this is just my opinion, but I thought Pokémon Black and Pokémon White were by far the best games, given they both had a few dissapointing areas as did previous generations. I would like to see similar games like this in the future or possibly mix things up for a HG/SS + B/W style Ruby and Sapphire remake.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I sure did enjoy Pokemon Black and White. The story line was wonderful. I remember the first day I got it, I didn't sleep that night and I only slept 3 hours the next night. I would love them to make games like it in the future. I liked a lot of the Pokemon. For example: Volcarona, Herdier, Lilligant, Seed bby, etc. The games were a huge success imo, even though it inevitably had flaws the positives like Skyarrow Bridge overwrote that.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • I think it was great! The graphics and new features really made it for me. Though I played for a long time and now i am getting kinda sick of it. But it was the best Pokemon game I have ever played. Especially with its awesome graphics.

Years
  • I honestly think that B&W are the best! I've played at least one game from every generation (sure the first three gens were a few years ago) but I love B&W the battles seem much more intense and the story is fantastic as well. And of course how could you forget those new graphics!

ObeyMudkips

Raichupacabra back up
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2017
    I played a rom back then in December. I enjoyed the part I played so much that I dragged my mom to GameStop when it barely opened. I enjoyed it so much I restrted my game to do it agian.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I thought B/W were good, but couldn't compare to either Platinum or HGSS. I loved the story and character fleshing-out (especially the gym leaders' expanded role) and the Pokemon were good for the most part, but the games just lacked that "Pokemon" feel for me. Unova left a lot to be desired as a region (it was so dark and didn't have the charm of a Pokemon region, for some reason), the Dex had some balance issues, and the postgame positively sucked - it seemed like such an afterthought.

They're better than Gen 3, but I'm still a diehard Gen 4 fan and can't see Gen 5 throwing anything at me to change that.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I still do enjoy it. There's probably more wild Pokemon variety in these games than in any other games. Granted, the post-game did feel very rushed; they didn't even bother giving it a level curve! All-in-all though, it was a pretty good game.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    As I didn't really finish the game yet I can't say how I thought it was but so far, I think it's pretty okay, the only thing that bothers me is the loading times and the play-through that just seems very fast compared to the other games. I never really played HG/SS (THOUGH I DID HAVE A SAVEFILE WITH 8 BADGES AND I CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING LOL), and D/P seems very 'sloggy' compared to B/W (was a great game though).

With everyone saying that the post game is not as good as they expected/would have wanted, I don't really know what to expect. I do hope the battle with Ghetsis and N will be satisfying, unlike the gym battles which were too easy imo.

Back