• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Chroma Version [09/21/20] [Beta 1]

Red123456789

Pixel
Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2021
    I've just finished the first beta and its a blast! It's slightly challenging but not too much which is perfect since I just played difficulty games by difficulty games. Tho I have found some bugs:

- Two npcs doesnt have a dialogue, the first one is a girl in the route under the starting town and the other is the girl in the top of the Pokemon Center in Enclava.
    - Some graphical glitches in Enclava. Most of them are inside the houses tho. Also the tiles glitch out when buying in the mart.
    - A little bit nitpicky, but some NPCs still have their original dialogues from Emerald, I hope they get changed in the upcoming versions of the hack.
    Also, I think the first few towns were a bit rushed. I mean, I naturally liked it because Greninja is in this, but I thought that maybe you could add a bit more context to the scene in the library. However, once you iron out the kinks, this could be as popular as Pokemon Gaia, and maybe even surpass it! (Honestly though, I got the same feeling when I started Chroma as when I started Gaia)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2020
    I played the game and i like it. i cant chat on discord so my comments will mostly be on this page next update. I absolutely approve of the tileset and mapping. The pokecenter feels different with the second floor on the same screen in a neat way. I like the small cutscene with the player's parents at the beginn9ing. It's not too special but moments like those the game more lively you know? about the market-tile-glitch. I believe this happens right after the first gym battle

Last edited:

vxo

ROM Hacker
    Years
  • I played the game and i like it. i cant chat on discord so my comments will mostly be on this page next update. I absolutely approve of the tileset and mapping. The pokecenter feels different with the second floor on the same screen in a neat way. I like the small cutscene with the player's parents at the beginn9ing. It's not too special but moments like those the game more lively you know? about the market-tile-glitch. I believe this happens right after the first gym battle

Glad you like the little changes I made from vanilla Fire Red/Emerald :D

A lot of the bugs that have been reported on the thread here have also been resolved, and I've made a bug tracker on the Official Discord Server, if you want to keep up with bug reports and the development of v2.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    The wild selection is really bad, clearly gens 1 to 4 received the most representatives while Alola and Galar mons are so few that it feels like an afterthought.

Galar I kinda understand, but Gen 7 barely is in it. Maybe I'm just salty for the lack of Litten.

Aside from that, the game is great and has a lot of potential, I'm really looking forward to your next updates.

vxo

ROM Hacker
    Years
  • The wild selection is really bad, clearly gens 1 to 4 received the most representatives while Alola and Galar mons are so few that it feels like an afterthought.

Galar I kinda understand, but Gen 7 barely is in it. Maybe I'm just salty for the lack of Litten.

Aside from that, the game is great and has a lot of potential, I'm really looking forward to your next updates.

This beta only has a handful of routes, there are plenty more. As well, there is an Official Pokedex that can be found in the main post where you can see all of the Pokemon that I plan on being available.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I'll keep an eye on this, i wanna see if theres gonna be a choice between being a hero or siding with Team Proto

Back