• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Cobalt

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    New Version Update

v0.3.5
    New Stuff:

Added new Event Scenes
    - After defeating Opal, Professor Banksia will greet you outside the gym in a new cutscene and give you the PokeGear. (Note this will be weird if you already have a save file past this point in-game, just wait for the dialogue to end when re-entering Latrand)
    -The Old Lady in front of Kilka Spire will now tell you a story about the Four Spires. (Still needs work as an actual cutscene)

-Added extra signs in Melba City to help identify important locations
    -Professor Banksia now has a proper OW Sprite

Bug Fixes
    -Yanna no longer stands outside of the sewers too early
    -Fixed La Laurie not talking to the player to progress the story. (If you already encountered this bug I'm afraid you will need to start another play through)
    -Fixed various text issues

As always, download the new version to keep your game as bug free as possible. Your save files should carry over!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    q: am i supposed to be able to go in the sewers yet? i updated the game to the most recent version and everything else was working right

Have you spoken to Gym Leader Mike when you need to enter the Sewers? He should give you the key when you talk to him AFTER defeating him.
    I realise this is a bit easy to miss, so I'm planning to make that part a bit more obvious

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    New Update!

Starting with this release I'm aiming to have larger content updates rather than smaller ones. If any major progression bugs are raised I'll have those fixed asap and released, however smaller issues will be bundled into the larger updates.

v0.4
    New Stuff:

Added new Event Scenes
    - New adventure intro replacing the Professor Oak intro with one from Professor Banksia.
    - New event when entering Route 4 for the first time.
    - The Old Lady story in Kilka Town is now a proper cutscene.

-The Mage, Warrior, Knight and Thief Jobs have proper IV increases from Levels 1-4. See the guide for more info.
    -Added new OW and Battle Sprites for the Female Trainer (Not final)

Bug Fixes
    -Minor event fixes/improvements
    -Rain and other strange paranormal weather has stopped occurring in the Warehouse Office.
    -Gym Leader Mike will now give you the proper TM for defeating him (bro).

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    The original post has had a makeover and I've also added a quick guide for Abilities/Moves and Types. I'll add to these guides as time goes on!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    will the starter roster change at all? I like Growlithe Staryu and Cottonee but it seems like a odd selection all things considered. They dont have to be traditional starters like bulbasaur and the like but I wouldnt mind seeing something a little different if possible.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    will the starter roster change at all? I like Growlithe Staryu and Cottonee but it seems like a odd selection all things considered. They dont have to be traditional starters like bulbasaur and the like but I wouldnt mind seeing something a little different if possible.

They will most likely stay as they are. The idea is that players will be able to evolve their starters whenever they want to. It's just a random concept that I thought would be a nice shake up.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I figured I would ask since it just seems a bit weird for those three specifically. Not to mention they all sort of fill the same niche, even if you take the job classes into account. Part of me also is used to grass types that sport bulk to be more defensive battlers too, though as I said I do like Cottonee as it is. Part of me thinks Poiwag would work better as a water type though since you get two good final evolution options from it adding more versitility to playstyle however. Though a Starmie remains a very attractive option. Because of this I just have a hard time feeling satisfied yet I am satisfied with the options available at the same time which really feels odd to me. I'll still play, of course. Its just going to be really weird since I'm in a weird sort of no man's land lol

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    I figured I would ask since it just seems a bit weird for those three specifically. Not to mention they all sort of fill the same niche, even if you take the job classes into account. Part of me also is used to grass types that sport bulk to be more defensive battlers too, though as I said I do like Cottonee as it is. Part of me thinks Poiwag would work better as a water type though since you get two good final evolution options from it adding more versitility to playstyle however. Though a Starmie remains a very attractive option. Because of this I just have a hard time feeling satisfied yet I am satisfied with the options available at the same time which really feels odd to me. I'll still play, of course. Its just going to be really weird since I'm in a weird sort of no man's land lol

Haha well I appreciate the feedback. The starters evolved forms also have the extra types Cosmic (Starmie) and Aura (Arcanine) which is partially the decision as well. I plan to increase their stats sometime if need be to make them more 'starter'-ish too.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Arcanine's stats are ok as is since its a pseudo-legendary. The only thing I can suggest is maybe buff its defense stat if anything else. Or perhaps give it some new attacks to take advantage of its stats. Flare blitz is an amazing fire move but I wish it had fire moves with a base power in between Flame Wheel/Fire Fang and Flare Blitz in the physical category. The base power goes from 60 to 120 with no other possible fire moves with a more middle of the range kind of attack power. Would be nice to have Arcanine get something with power
    and accuracy similar to Body Slam. A base 80-90 physical fire move with 100% accuracy. Then again you likely have something in mind with the aura side of things for all we know.

The only problem I have right now is that the job classes as awesome a concept as it is makes natures a bit redundant and potentially a liability in turn. Lets say I get a Machop with Warrior or Monk, ends up having outstanding IVs, but ends up with a timid nature or something else just as useless. That ten percent boost to stats is great in the main games, no argument, but for this it almost ends up being a problem. I had to reset a dozen or so times and I had not made any progress beyond the start to try to get a good starter. I might reccomend removing natures altogether if at all possible since the job classes do enough for the customization for a pokemon IMO.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    The only problem I have right now is that the job classes as awesome a concept as it is makes natures a bit redundant and potentially a liability in turn. Lets say I get a Machop with Warrior or Monk, ends up having outstanding IVs, but ends up with a timid nature or something else just as useless. That ten percent boost to stats is great in the main games, no argument, but for this it almost ends up being a problem. I had to reset a dozen or so times and I had not made any progress beyond the start to try to get a good starter. I might reccomend removing natures altogether if at all possible since the job classes do enough for the customization for a pokemon IMO.

I don't really have a reason to remove nature's, having an undesirable job with a certain nature is the same as having bad IVs for example, just part of your Pokémon companions being unique ;P
    But I appreciate the points made, I am considering limiting which jobs the starters can have.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    That helps, especially since none of the starters logically can make use of Monk in particular

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    i'm getting crashes when I try saving around Melba City, its saying an action was aborted by host machine which makes no sense in all honesty as I have my firewall set to allow games to operate and whatnot.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    i'm getting crashes when I try saving around Melba City, its saying an action was aborted by host machine which makes no sense in all honesty as I have my firewall set to allow games to operate and whatnot.

Are you able to send me the crash log? The only issue I see is that the game takes a little while to save....might have to check your firewall and if it likes the location where the game is saving

Last edited:
    Back