• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Cobalt

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    What exactly is the Cleric job skill 'Esuna' supposed to do? I got a Snubbull with it (traded a Zorua to the NPC) but every time I attempt to use it it just says 'it will have no effect'.

Oh, also, a couple suggestions for ya: - XP chart for 'Jobs', so we know roughly when our Pokemon ought to gain a level in them
    - An actual description of the 'out of battle skills' of the Cleric job, since their effects may not be obvious (as noted above).

Not sure if any/all of these are already planned, but in case they weren't, here ya go. :)

Hey there!
    So the Esuna skill is used to remove any status conditions on the Cleric Pokémon.

Yep, I do realize that there are some parts of the Job System that are a bit unclear to players. I'm looking into improving that with an in-game guide book, I also do have a Job System guide document linked in the main thread if you haven't read it already. I can definitely add a level up chart there soon too

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    A few minor things I discovered while checking out the Melba City Library:
    - There is a bookcase on the 2nd floor that talks about the Monk Class, which doesn't exist anymore.
    - The word 'Thief' is misspelled on its own bookcase, appearing as 'theif'.
    - On the Warrior class shelf, it states that these Pokemon are "strong and courages". Presumably, this is meant to say 'courageous'.

Just some things I felt worth noting. Nothing major. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    A few minor things I discovered while checking out the Melba City Library:
    - There is a bookcase on the 2nd floor that talks about the Monk Class, which doesn't exist anymore.
    - The word 'Thief' is misspelled on its own bookcase, appearing as 'theif'.
    - On the Warrior class shelf, it states that these Pokemon are "strong and courages". Presumably, this is meant to say 'courageous'.

Just some things I felt worth noting. Nothing major. :)

The Monk class strikes again haha thanks for picking these up. It's easy for me to miss text errors when I'm proof reading my own work :P.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    So I encountered this error after defeating a Gym Trainer in Melba City.

Script 'Interpreter' line 276 RuntimeError occurred.

Script Error within event 3, map 24 (Melba City Gym):
    Exception:NoMethodError
    Message: Section205:243:in 'PbEndofBattle'undefined method 'isFainted?' for #<PokeBattle_Pokemon:0x127c9b00>
    ***Full Script:
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::Ace_M,"Samuel",_I("If only I could actually swim."),false,0,false,0)
    Interpreter:243:in 'pbExecuteScript'
    EliteBattle_0:238:in 'pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2395:in 'pbStartBattle'
    PTrainer_NPCTrainers:353:in 'pbTrainerBattle'
    PTrainer_NPCTrainers:352:in 'pbSceneStandby'
    PTrainer_NPCTrainers:354:in 'pbTrainerBattle'
    PTrainer_NPCTrainers:351:in 'pbBattleAnimation'
    PTrainer_NPCTrainers:351:in 'pbTrainerBattle'
    (eval): 1:in 'pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:794:in 'eval'

Based on the fact it mentions "Battle Animation", I wonder if it has something to do with the fact I have said animations turned off from when I was grinding levels? I'll have to fight him again regardless, so I'll edit this with results.

Edit: Nope. Same exact error, even with animations turned on, so that is not the culprit. I'm sure you have a better idea than I do, but regardless, it completely shuts down my ability to progress through the game. Shame, too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    So I encountered this error after defeating a Gym Trainer in Melba City.

Based on the fact it mentions "Battle Animation", I wonder if it has something to do with the fact I have said animations turned off from when I was grinding levels? I'll have to fight him again regardless, so I'll edit this with results.

Edit: Nope. Same exact error, even with animations turned on, so that is not the culprit. I'm sure you have a better idea than I do, but regardless, it completely shuts down my ability to progress through the game. Shame, too.

Weird it's only 1 trainer. It could be the Job System playing up again. Could you try battling another trainer with the same team if you can? I'll have a check later tonight and put in a quick fix when I find the problem

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    I've battled many a trainer before this with no issues, and currently have no other trainers to battle. Though now I think of it, I did switch out a Teddiursa for a low level Shroomish as Teddiursa isn't great in early game and Shroomish would help out in the water gym. Shroomish's job is Performer, which replaced Monk IIRC. It may have something to do with that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    I've battled many a trainer before this with no issues, and currently have no other trainers to battle. Though now I think of it, I did switch out a Teddiursa for a low level Shroomish as Teddiursa isn't great in early game and Shroomish would help out in the water gym. Shroomish's job is Performer, which replaced Monk IIRC. It may have something to do with that.

I knew it, it's the Performer Job. It's a bug I thought I had fixed but apparently not :(
    For now the fix is to make sure they're not the first Pokémon in your party!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Trouble with not having it at the front of the party is that makes it more difficult to level up. So I decided "I'll just go catch another. Hopefully without the semi-broken job this time." Only to find out that it's one of the surprisingly rare grass-types. Go away, Budew! I don't want to deal with your friendship evolution nonsense! Sunkern, you just plain suck; please leave.

>.<

Edit: New error found! I wanted to go to the GTS to wonder trade my Komala. Just to see what I would get. As soon as I attempted to enter the building, bam! Error.

Script 'Interpreter' line 276, RuntimeError Occurred.

Script Error within event 1, map 23 (GTS Hall):
    Exception: NameError
    Message: Section194:218:in 'resetCachedTrade' undefined local variable or method 'giveBST' for #<Interpreter:0x129adcc0>
    ***Full Script:
    resetCachedTrade

(eval): 1:in 'pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1606:in 'eval'
    Interpreter:1606:in 'command_355'
    Interpreter:494:in 'execute_command'
    Interpreter:193:in 'update'
    Interpreter:106:in 'loop'
    Interpreter:198:in 'update'
    Scene_Map:103:in 'update'

Gonna reload and remove komala from party to see what's up.

Hmm. Nope. Wasn't Komala. It's something else. No performer class 'mons in my party this time, so unsure what's up. It's especially weird as I'm positive I went in there before with no trouble. I just didn't do anything and left immediately.

On an unrelated note, I still get a giggle every time I see 'Kittymancer' pop up on screen. :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    Trouble with not having it at the front of the party is that makes it more difficult to level up. So I decided "I'll just go catch another. Hopefully without the semi-broken job this time." Only to find out that it's one of the surprisingly rare grass-types. Go away, Budew! I don't want to deal with your friendship evolution nonsense! Sunkern, you just plain suck; please leave.

>.<

Edit: New error found! I wanted to go to the GTS to wonder trade my Komala. Just to see what I would get. As soon as I attempted to enter the building, bam! Error.

Gonna reload and remove komala from party to see what's up.

Hmm. Nope. Wasn't Komala. It's something else. No performer class 'mons in my party this time, so unsure what's up. It's especially weird as I'm positive I went in there before with no trouble. I just didn't do anything and left immediately.

On an unrelated note, I still get a giggle every time I see 'Kittymancer' pop up on screen. :P

Sorry, should have clarified, it's only NPC battles that are affected by this. You can grind freely on wild battles, just remember to switch the Performer around for any trainers in the meantime.

Ok, that last issue is likely to do with some dodgy code I wrote for the wonder trade lmao thank you for picking all of this up. Obviously none of this gets seen and fixed without people like you actually providing feedback haha

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    It took time, but I did manage to find a second Shroomish. It has the Kittymancer job (thus my other comment). It leveled up quite nicely in the Gym, and was definitely instrumental in taking it down. Side note: I am so very glad that Carvanha didn't have the Strong Jaw ability, else I may have had to go grind a bunch to reach its level. My poor Venonat sacrificed itself to the jaws of that beast to hit it with a poison powder.

In any case, I will more than happily report any and all issues I come across.

Edit: After defeating Admin Anastasia, whatsherface the NPC (I forgot her name) comes in and talks to you about stuff. Then she reminds you to pay a visit to La Laurie and heads out the door...except her sprite still appears to be in the doorway. It moves when you do, but doesn't appear to actually do anything. It doesn't block the door (even if it did, when you move over there it, too, has moved), but the image should probably not linger like that regardless.

Edit 2: This same strange occurrence happened at the farm after defeating the rampaging Tauros. Hannah walked off-screen to the north, but then her sprite stuck around for some reason.

Edit 3: I was grinding out some levels just outside the farm and encountered a Male Nidoran. Its name was displayed as Nidoran (female symbol). Woops. Strangely enough though, I've only seen this happen once, and as I captured it and unlocked the Male Nidoran pokedex entry, I'm certain it wasn't a shiny female that somehow didn't sparkle when it appeared.

Edit 4: Oh no! Another error! This time it occurred when I attempted to use a Paralyze Heal on my Growlithe.

Script 'pItem_ItemEffects' line 403: ArgumentError occurred.
    wrong number of arguments (4 for 3)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    A New Update Appears!

PATCH NOTES

Overworld + Exploration
    - Jade Forest South has been changed to be a slightly longer dungeon
    - New Trainers have been added to Route 3 and Jade Forest South
    - Lake Elvive has added 'spook' during the evening/night
    - The Warehouse spin puzzle now actually spins the player
    - A new trade is available in Melba City

Encounters
    - The rare encounters in Jade Forest (Nth and Sth) and Route 3 have been changed
    - Nighttime encounters in Lake Elvive and Route 3 have been changed
    - Galarian Ponyta replaces normal Ponyta encounters

Pokemon
    - Galarian Ponyta has been added to the game (Because why not)
    - New Cosmic and Aura type Pokemon move sets (See the guide for more details)

Misc
    - Updated dialogue for various NPCs

Bug Fixes
    - The character that was meant to give you the rock smash item, actually gives it to you now >.>
    - Fixed issues with the spin puzzles in the warehouse
    - Fixed Wild Pokemon forms not working as intended in some cases
    - Re-fixed the Performer class causing NPC battles to crash when placed at the front of the party
    - Fixed some indoor locations thinking they're outdoors
    - Fixed a crash when entering the GTS Hall after your initial visit
    - Fixed Paralyse Heals causing the game to crash when used

Known Issues
    - Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash do not have proper back or shiny sprites (yet)
    - Some NPCs do not disappear properly in cutscenes
    - The PC does not display Pokemon Types properly

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    It took time, but I did manage to find a second Shroomish. It has the Kittymancer job (thus my other comment). It leveled up quite nicely in the Gym, and was definitely instrumental in taking it down. Side note: I am so very glad that Carvanha didn't have the Strong Jaw ability, else I may have had to go grind a bunch to reach its level. My poor Venonat sacrificed itself to the jaws of that beast to hit it with a poison powder.

In any case, I will more than happily report any and all issues I come across.

Edit: After defeating Admin Anastasia, whatsherface the NPC (I forgot her name) comes in and talks to you about stuff. Then she reminds you to pay a visit to La Laurie and heads out the door...except her sprite still appears to be in the doorway. It moves when you do, but doesn't appear to actually do anything. It doesn't block the door (even if it did, when you move over there it, too, has moved), but the image should probably not linger like that regardless.

Edit 2: This same strange occurrence happened at the farm after defeating the rampaging Tauros. Hannah walked off-screen to the north, but then her sprite stuck around for some reason.

Edit 3: I was grinding out some levels just outside the farm and encountered a Male Nidoran. Its name was displayed as Nidoran (female symbol). Woops. Strangely enough though, I've only seen this happen once, and as I captured it and unlocked the Male Nidoran pokedex entry, I'm certain it wasn't a shiny female that somehow didn't sparkle when it appeared.

Edit 4: Oh no! Another error! This time it occurred when I attempted to use a Paralyze Heal on my Growlithe.

Sorry I didnt see your edited posts! I'm aware of the NPCs not disappearing properly in cutscenes, going to fix that soon. Not too sure about that Nidoran issue.....
    And I've fixed the Paralyze Heal issue!

Back