• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokémon Contests, Pokéathlon, or...?

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    For Pokemon Contests, they should do both Hoenn and Sinnoh contests. I liked the Hoenn contests more than the Sinnoh contests. The Pokeathlon should be in this game, and the Pokeathlon building plus the Pokemon Contest Building should be in 1 city.

Redrup

The Gentleman
    Years
    I honestly couldn't care less if they dumped the contests system. I never participate in them, and just find them a chore really. Then again, I wouldn't care if they left them in either, I'd just ignore them as usual.

What I would like for them to include is the Pokéathlon events. I have enjoyed them occasionally on HG/SS, and although I believe they can be improved, they are a good way to break up the usual mundane routine while playing.

Battle Frontier is another feature I'd like included.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    If they do bring back contests, I also want them to be more like the Anime.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I think they should have them ~*over Wi-Fi*~ and whatnot. That would be fun ^-^;
    I was actually hoping when Platinum was going to be released, they would have given some attention to Pokémon Contests and have them compatible with Wi-Fi. Unfortunately, that was never done. So, having it done in B&W (if they return) would make me pretty satisfied. I'd like to compete against others who enjoy contests.

Although, that said, I'd hope they'd change up the contest system in which it becomes more of a challenge than what it was before. Battling was taken to a whole new level with competitive play, so I'd think contests could go with a change as well. If not, then make it better.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Bug Catching Contest. Bring some nostalgia back.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    gen5 contests& pokeathelon?

do you want contests in gen5?
    hoenn style, or sinnoh style?
    or should they start anew with contests?
    or should they just scrap it, and stick to pokeathelon

do you want pokeathelon in gen5?
    should they keep the same events?
    or should they start anew?
    or scrap the idea& stick to battles,& contests?

Penutz

Breeder & Collector
    Years
    Pokeathlon was nothing but a prize earner for me, i dont want it back. But it be good to see Gen IV contest back.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    start anew with contests and touch screen commands, and combos like ice move on water move freezez water move.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Having both would be good c:
    Hopefully on the contests they would keep the dress-up and make the appeals look more like the show :D

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i was a master at hoenn style contests, my pokemon always got extra bonuses from combos, but in sinnoh theres no combos T^T
    so i fail lol

i like the concept of pokeathelon, but i think they could do better with it :3
    plus ocntrollin 3at once overwhelmed me, i got confused lol

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I want Hoenn-style contests! Really! I hated the Sinnoh ones and the complete lack of contests in HG/SS disappointed me to no end...

Hoenn-style, please. :3
    (and maybe double-contests, like in the anime? Using two Pokés at one? Please!)

Ayselipera

I was never a big fan of the contests, but I did thoroughly enjoy the pokeathlon. I would love to see them display it within Black and White. I also think they should scrap some events and replace them with others, but to also keep some of the old ones. For instance I hate the snowball and pennant capture events, but I love the relay race and ring drop events.

It would be great if they could replace the events that most players don't like with new ones or perhaps make all new events for every category and give the player the choice between the new events or the old ones.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Heard of Heartgold or Soulsilver? Yeah, bug catching contests are in there bro.

Mhm, yeah, but if it was still in the remakes, wouldn't that suggest that it could be in the new generation games? Like how no doubt the game corner pattern will continue. I feel the bug catching contest could work better in B/W with improved graphics anyways. :(

Back