• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Pokémon Crimson & Navy - Art Gallery

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
Years
  • Pokémon Crimson & Navy - Art Gallery

This thread is made as an art gallery related to my fangame Pokémon Crimson & Navy, all of them drawn by me. this gallery will be filled with different concept arts and other kinds of drawings.

THE MAIN CHARACTERS
    Spoiler:

THE RIVAL
    Spoiler:

THE GYM LEADERS
    Spoiler:

OTHER CONCEPT ARTS (UPDATED 04/27/2015)
    Spoiler:

More drawings coming soon...

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I really like these! The main characters seem to be a mix of FR/LG main characters and R/S/E main characters. That's cool.

I really like Navy too. Reminds me a lot of Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh! minus the shyness. I hope you do other art besides purely for the game. Or perhaps just draw more concept art for these characters and more :D

For future improvements (if you are looking for any, and if you're not here you go anyway) I'd say concentrate a little more on the head and face of your characters. Your main characters are definitely better than your rivals. They have better anatomical structure, posture and shading. I also find the necks in the front facing poses to be just a little too long for my liking, perhaps try and bring their heads down a little. Everything comes with time, but I like your character designs so far, so keep them coming d(^-^d)

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
    Years
  • I really like these! The main characters seem to be a mix of FR/LG main characters and R/S/E main characters. That's cool.

I really like Navy too. Reminds me a lot of Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh! minus the shyness. I hope you do other art besides purely for the game. Or perhaps just draw more concept art for these characters and more :D

For future improvements (if you are looking for any, and if you're not here you go anyway) I'd say concentrate a little more on the head and face of your characters. Your main characters are definitely better than your rivals. They have better anatomical structure, posture and shading. I also find the necks in the front facing poses to be just a little too long for my liking, perhaps try and bring their heads down a little. Everything comes with time, but I like your character designs so far, so keep them coming d(^-^d)

Thanks! Well, I actually didn't based my characters in FR/LG, but in other concepts I made for my other stories, Crimson has a little resemblance to Red, but just in the hat and vest. And about Navy, just like my other concepts, I almost made his hair based a little on Bakura, but with some Blue/Gary hair style. Maybe I'm a little obsessed with saiyan hair styles, he he he!

Those first concepts I made for the mains and rivals were from 2010, so I have improved my drawing style at this moment, just wait until I publish more.

UPDATE: 3 more concept arts available in the gallery!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I really like these. I think you've got the style down. There are some problems with the anatomy of the pokemon, though. The posing is a bit awkward too, but it doesn't take away from the drawings that much, and they really convey the designs, so their main goal is achieved.

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
    Years
  • I really like these. I think you've got the style down. There are some problems with the anatomy of the pokemon, though. The posing is a bit awkward too, but it doesn't take away from the drawings that much, and they really convey the designs, so their main goal is achieved.

Yeah, I'm not used to draw pokémon frequently, so it's something difficult for me to make them in poses, specially if they stand differently from humans, that I draw the most, he he he! Some weeks ago I made drawings of Entei and Articuno for the intro sequence of my game, their close-ups are in my signature right now, but I'm going to publish them in more detail someday.

Circuit

Years
  • I like their concept. They really strike me as being potentially amazing looking characters. However, I think your facial detailing needs work. Bruce and Rick strike me the most in terms of needing work. The 'dirt' on Rick's face looks like a horrible case of some severe birthmarks... And the side-profile of Bruce is way off too. His nose is too far forwards, and his mouth is on the side of his mouth. That's a big problem there.

The best for detailing there is Kim, but the lighting on her face is quite off to me, it looks very splattered on there, and not very natural at all. For close up, facial profiles like your gym leaders have, you need to pay very close attention to the lighting. It will define your character's face, and can change someone to look podgy or defined. The thing is, you show capability with lighting in Alex's profile. That has good lighting compared to the others. If you can mix the face-shape/detailing of Kim's profile with the lighting of Alex's, you'll have some very good character profiles there. I think you perhaps rushed these a little, and could spend more time on them to refine them!

Keep going, I want to see how you'll improve, and look forward to your next update!

Circuit

Years
  • Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

Your Pokémon anatomy has improved a lot! Your character styles are also seeing slight improvements all the time!

One thing I would say is that your hats aren't creating any shadow on the character wearing them. Perhaps try and give yourself a light source to work from, and remember all objects lighting! Otherwise, keep at it, and keep improving :D

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I love those. Especially with the first gen see through pokeballs! I haven't seen those drawn in a long time, and it's really cool to see with newer gen pokemon. It's fun too see how quickly you're improving, and it seems like you are really nailing this style.

Back