• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon D&P: Slow-mo training

Michael Chartrose

지저분한 연수생
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2015
    It's pretty obvious that in the Pokémon D&P series, that Ash, Brock, and Dawn train as slow as can be. It's all that Team Rocket keeps coming up to them and trying to steal their Pokémon. I don't find anything special about the Pokémon in the series, and the one's Ash and his friends have. They have the most common Pokémon ever, probably ranging from level 5 to 20 - which doesn't amuse me.

I'm a fan of action games and shows. Once I saw the Pokémon movie with Mew and Mewtwo, it amazed me more than the boring shows the company who aires the shows. I think Ash and his friends should find some secret place in the Sinnoh region to train their Pokémon, and get away from those nutheads who always get in their way.

Discuss, please. :)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I like the way things are right now. They might be training off screen so it doesn't really matter to me. I mean, Team Rocket isn't trying to steal their pokémon as much anymore these days anyway.

Michael Chartrose

지저분한 연수생
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2015
    I like the way things are right now. They might be training off screen so it doesn't really matter to me. I mean, Team Rocket isn't trying to steal their pokémon as much anymore these days anyway.

I don't watch the Pokémon series as much as I did now-a-days. It got boring after I watched nearly the whole season of Kanto and Johto, and parts of Hoenn every now and then. I've kept on track with Pokémon D&P, but lost track a few months ago. I have no idea what Pokémon they have now, and what people they have met along the way, but I do swear that Ash has not gone past Celestial Town, yet. Hopefully, he will beat the Elite Four in the next couple of months (even though the shows are just a repeated process).

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    Actually, it seems like almost every episode in DP has Dawn or Ash training at the beginning. Seriously. If anything, I think they've been training them more than ever. Ash has never had any really UB3R strong Pokemon anyway. I think Charizard was pretty strong, though. I believe they use common Pokemon because they're familiar. Especially true since the DP anime came out the same time as the games, meaning people who bought the game and were still early on knew those Pokemon. I also consider the Pokemon they have to be kinda like the mascots of Diamond and Pearl(game and show)

Summary: Blah blah blah Pokemon don't need to be Lucario Garchomp Rampardos blah blah blah friendship blah blah blah. They're still showing that a Pokemon doesn't necessarily have to evolve to be strong. All the way since beginning, starting with Lt. Surge all the way to the B-Button Girls and then to Sho in "Pika and Goliath". Also, Team Rocket will always be where Ash and crew are. You can't stop them. >_>

Last edited:

Michael Chartrose

지저분한 연수생
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2015
    Actually, it seems like almost every episode in DP has Dawn or Ash training at the beginning. Seriously. If anything, I think they've been training them more than ever. Ash has never had any really UB3R strong Pokemon anyway. I think Charizard was pretty strong, though. I believe they use common Pokemon because they're familiar. Especially true since the DP anime came out the same time as the games, meaning people who bought the game and were still early on knew those Pokemon. I also consider the Pokemon they have to be kinda like the mascots of Diamond and Pearl(game and show)

Summary: Blah blah blah Pokemon don't need to be Lucario Garchomp Rampardos blah blah blah friendship blah blah blah. They're still showing that a Pokemon doesn't necessarily have to evolve to be strong. All the way since beginning, starting with Lt. Surge all the way to the B-Button Girls and then to Sho in "Pika and Goliath". Also, Team Rocket will always be where Ash and crew are. You can't stop them. >_>

Like I said, I haven't watched Pokémon in ages. But seriously, I don't find much of a point watching Pikachu using Thundershock - boom, up, up, and away Team Rocket goes. I'm not speaking of Charizard, neither, he's probably the best Pokémon the team has. The show pretty much follows the game, in my opinion, but I would think someone at Hearthome City would have level 30 Pokémon before hesitating to battle the Gym Leader.

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    Actually, I think Team Rocket has gotten more interesting for me, with their captures 'n stuf. They've also been appearing less and less. In this 4-episode arc we are in right now(Summer School arc) Team Rocket hasn't done a single thing to the twerps or their Pokemon. Instead, Jessie is a student and James and Meowth clean and cook for the kids. Almost right before this there was a 5 episode arc(Wallace Cup) in which they didn't do anything to the twerps.(they were still there though).

As for gyms and their leaders.... I think thier mentality is: "If you think you have a Roselia that can beat my Gengar, go ahead and give me a shot." They used the term "level" at the beginning of the show, but I think that term is now non-existant.

Back