• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Kinda taking a chance asking, but maybe someone will answer and will know the answer.

Is Tyrogue available in this game for the player? If so, where can it be found/caught/obtained?

EDIT: Turns out, to get the Hitmontop I wanted, I needed to trade a Meowth for one at the Tradehouse at Centralgate City.

Last edited:

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have some kind of bug. i cant return briefcase to scientist. he dont get it. And his text is some like ,,With that adventure spirit, you can be scientist in future'' (yes, i have briefcase in my bag.)

Alas. 😦

I've now also run into this bug where the Scientist who asked you to go on the Briefcase quest but who won't take the Briefcase back once you have it. Which in turn means I also can't get the 6th and final page for the Eevee Book...

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Where do I find that file? I have applied it to multiple roms and it isn't working.

As I also couldn't find the specified ROM, I used the following, successfully, instead.

Spoiler:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • Sooo... I haven't been around in ages :S

I'll nevertheless be doing a couple of minor updates in the main post given heroku is changing their payment terms, and the domain of the main website for showcasing this and other hacks of mine will change. What comes to updates to Pokemon Dark Energy itself, I haven't unfortunately been working on it much during the past years. There's quite a bit of unreleased content on top of beta 5.01 that I have ready, but those would be expecting next major release (beta 6).

But once I have this website change, and a certain other personal software project finished late this year, not impossible I'd come back to working on this as well. We'll see :)

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sooo... I haven't been around in ages :S

I'll nevertheless be doing a couple of minor updates in the main post given heroku is changing their payment terms, and the domain of the main website for showcasing this and other hacks of mine will change. What comes to updates to Pokemon Dark Energy itself, I haven't unfortunately been working on it much during the past years. There's quite a bit of unreleased content on top of beta 5.01 that I have ready, but those would be expecting next major release (beta 6).

But once I have this website change, and a certain other personal software project finished late this year, not impossible I'd come back to working on this as well. We'll see :)

Excellent to hear from you! And thanks for the wonderful hack!

There's a bug regarding the briefcase sidequest, wherein once you talk to the scientist after retrieving it, he doesn't take it from the player and doesn't give the rewards, essentially preventing the quest from being completed.

If you've already looked into and fixed that, then good.

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
    Years
  • I completely forgot this existed (And I'm just now realizing I may have subconsciously taken inspiration from this hack for my own fangame, what with the whole elemental orbs thing). Lol.

Glad this isn't dead tho, it's really interesting and I look forward to seeing more come out of it (Just don't burn yourself out). :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    I just started playing your game and it's hecka good. I just have a question. Is there a move rememberer ? I want to evolve my eevee into jolteon but i want it to learn bite first but then it won't learn thundershock

Years
  • Sooo... I haven't been around in ages :S

Its fine we all have some things to do in life as well as we all a bit grown up ill say..when i used to play this game for the first time i was a teenager but now im a college graduate and looking for job so i do understand about your time issues miksy specially when you are doing this for us for FREE!! ....anyway..any rough/approx predictions for when we can expect the full game or updates?? Hey I'm not asking you to hurry just wanted to know about your progress

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    So.... I played the entire game. I love the story a lot and seeing how you wanted to be more like an RPG type story then that explains it.
    But I was wondering if the current version has the HM for waterfall or is it going to be added in the next version. Because I think I talked with everyone, unless I forgot some kind of side quest. Since, i need it to go forward in the mountain in Rocky village.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2023
    W.Atom
    Seen February 19th, 2023
    Posted February 19th, 2023
    1 posts
    81 Days
    February 19th, 2023 at 8:21 AM
    So.... I played the entire game. I love the story a lot and seeing how you wanted to be more like an RPG type story then that explains it.
    But I was wondering if the current version has the HM for waterfall or is it going to be added in the next version. Because I think I talked with everyone, unless I forgot some kind of side quest. Since, i need it to go forward in the mountain in Rocky village.

Answer to your question No you can/t learn waterfall as of now.

Days
    • Seen Jul 10, 2023
    Well, I got up to as far as needing to surf. Can't go further, the Squirtle refused to be caught so had to faint it, and only water type I have is Magikarp. do have Surf HM, but none of the pokemon I have currently can learn Surf 😆

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, I got up to as far as needing to surf. Can't go further, the Squirtle refused to be caught so had to faint it, and only water type I have is Magikarp. do have Surf HM, but none of the pokemon I have currently can learn Surf 😆

Did you save in front of the Squirtle so you could reset if you couldn't catch it the first time?

Days
    • Seen Jul 10, 2023
    Unfortunately not, got pretty far into game without Squirtle. Where to get or find Flash or something like it? Can't tell if I'm even going anywhere in Deep Caverns? I see where to get HMs, doesnt mean I can get to it without it 😅

Last edited:

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Unfortunately not, got pretty far into game without Squirtle. Where to get or find Flash or something like it? Can't tell if I'm even going anywhere in Deep Caverns? I see where to get HMs, doesnt mean I can get to it without it 😅

Here's hoping someone else who can help you can come along with time. Alas, it's been a bit since I last played, and I got stuck on that bugged briefcase quest. Did you get to that yet?

Back