• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

When should I release a beta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
  • Thanks, I've started mapping:
    Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

But I'm constantly finding tiles that need to be made, such as sand and rocks in the above. I think I'll do the second town next.

Mail Jeevas

I need a smoke...
    Years
  • Nice idea, I really hope it comes out great. If you want to, I can make cards to advertise for your game. What do you think? Send me a PM.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Thanks
    BuoyselLover said:
    The houses look nice in there. I imagined as much for the music, but I suppose I should also have asked about the compatibilities when the two songs are different lengths. Won't that cause looping problems?
    Most probably, although I'd imagine it would restart whilst the other carrys on playing. I don't know keep playing with it.

The game - I'm working hard on it as I want to make a beta soon, should I do the Futaba houses first?

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • Futaba houses? I don't know what they are, but I suppose you should get enough houses to replace all of the ones in R/S. Anyway, this hack's progressed a lot since I was booted, and I like it so far!

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • I meant Futaba Town's houses

So it's up to everyone, should I put them in before the beta? I could probably manage it all I'd have to do is insert the extra parts on the roof and do a palette edit.
    What I've got to do before the beta:
    -signs
    -grey path
    -mapping up to the second town
    -scripts such as stopping you leaving the town without a Pokemon
    Also I did a version logo, see my signature.

EDIT: I did a house anyway but it needs inserting:

Colours may be reduced etc. but anyway, comments?

Last edited:

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Sorry but I havn't released a beta yet but I expect I'll release it soon. Also that is the game [ray.z] means. It's coming soon, so keep checking back and expect a picture of that house inserted soon. I'll fix they chimneys too, I think it's because they need an outline.

EDIT 15th August: I inserted the Futaba houses but the colours aare all wrong and my palette has little colours left so therefore I have suspended it to the second beta so I can finish the first within another 1/2 weeks probably. I have moved on to mapping and have sketched some maps and also pondered on what the events should be. I have decided that to get the frst Pokemon you must talk to the rival and he will lead you past the first route to the left (where on the map you can see the lake) and the bag event equivalent will be there.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I really like your work! keep it up, cant wait for a beta, or any kind of relese!

If you need help on makeing this more like D/P then it already is ask me, I know almost everything about D/P, you name it I know it.

theundertaker

Pokemon Phenom
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2010
    it will be an ips patch, and this hack keeps gettin better and better. good luck and good work

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Just to let you all know I'm here and working hard on mapping. As I said the houses are suspended to the second beta to get this done as fast as possible. I'll post some screens soon. Yes it will be an IPS patch, you can't distribute .gba roms on Pokecommunity anyway.

Years
  • Not meaning to bother you, but will this hack still work if you dont hack over it, like some kind of starter for a hack? or will it be a full hack. I just wanted to ask because I dont know how to hack games...

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • If you read the entire title, you'd know this is a graphics hack. Most of this will just be making the game look somewhat like D/P, and few other changes.
    GC, it's a shame that there's not enough pallette colors, but I hope you'll find a way around that. This looks awesome, keep it up!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back