• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Dreams: MOTLP

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
*UPDATE*

A little update to make your Pokémon more powerful.
Training:
You can now train your Pokémon in Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack/defense and Speed... Training is especially easy in itself, but gets more and more difficult as your Pokémon trains more and more.

Once you successfully complete a round of training, that single Pokémon gains 1 stat in the stat you just trained... You can train a single Pokémon in the same stat infinite amount of times... So in theory, your favorite Pokémon that are no good in battle, can now overcome all obstacles.

How to play:
Firstly, you must find the right "gym" to train in... Each one of these gyms has a character we've all seen from previous games.

Then you must meet a criteria... Which isn't hard, each gym has a specific bunch of Pokémon they can train, based on type... Don't worry there isn't 20 odd gyms... Each gym can train multiple types of Pokémon, so dual type Pokémon, technically, might be able to train at 2 different gyms.

Once you've done these 2 steps, the games begin.
A count down will be seen, counting from 3 to go!, in which case, your Pokémon will begin to play the game, in this case, a sprint.
speedgame01_zpsrr420d1y.png

You then must guess the correct button, based on the arrow keys, that pops up on screen... All you have to do is guess 5 times, simple right.
speedgame02_zpslhnomnlj.png

If you get to the finish line with 5 correct button inputs the Pokémon you are using, in this case, Venusaur, will gain a stat... In this case, the stat gained will be Speed.
speedgame03_zpshbsmvqnx.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 13, 2018
Do you plan on adding Mega Evolutions? Just curious.

And, this may be a dumb question, but how do I get the sound to work ingame? I downloaded/extracted the audio folder, but I hear nothing ingame.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
Do you plan on adding Mega Evolutions? Just curious.

And, this may be a dumb question, but how do I get the sound to work ingame? I downloaded/extracted the audio folder, but I hear nothing ingame.

We don't know anything about Mega Evolutions. So for the moment, there are no plans to add them.
But if this is something you'd like to see, I'd be more than happy to forward it to the game team?

Just add the Audio folder in to the folder with the game.exe in. At least that's what everyone else has done and it seems to work.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
*Update*
So I have a little update for you. The Pokémon League is now finished and up and running. The Pokémon League is based on the anime style.
Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and Round 4:
In each of these rounds, you must battle in the Grass, Ice, Rock and Water arenas. You can only use 3 Pokémon in these rounds and the trainers are incredibly hard and much harder than any trainer prior to the Pokémon League, including gym leaders and rivals. Each arena is a field. Each field can boost your Pokémons stats insanely or reduce them massively. If your Pokémon are under trained, you will fail.

Using a fire type Pokémon in the water field will send you to doom, but using a water or ice type, you will gain a boost. Any Pokémon fighting in the Pokémon League become happier and more powerful, it's the stage all Pokémon want to attend.

Quarter Finals:
You will use 6 Pokémon of your choice and will battle on a random field.
Again, the trainers are extremely difficult.

Semi Finals:
You will use 6 Pokémon of your choice and will battle on a random field, that wasn't used in the quarter finals.
Again, the trainers are extremely difficult.

Finals:
You can never over-train. I suggest doing so. The trainer you will battle will be well known at this point in the game and will probably be your biggest test. You will use 6 Pokémon and will battle on a random field regardless of which field you battled on prior.

The Trainers:
The trainers battled are produced at random from a pool of trainers. So in theory, the Pokémon League will never be the same, no matter how many times you battle in it. Levels don't matter if your Pokémon are well trained.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I downloaded the game twice but both times it said it could not load the archive.
The read me file is there for a reason... Don't use the Game.exe, use the Game - Pokémon Dreams.exe... The game will then run after a few seconds.

EDIT: I wish I could edit the OP lol.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
We don't know anything about Mega Evolutions. So for the moment, there are no plans to add them.
But if this is something you'd like to see, I'd be more than happy to forward it to the game team?

Just add the Audio folder in to the folder with the game.exe in. At least that's what everyone else has done and it seems to work.

I was doing just that myself, I'm getting no music on Route 1 or in houses other than the main characters' home. I have the audio file where it should be, what should I be doing exactly?

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I was doing just that myself, I'm getting no music on Route 1 or in houses other than the main characters' home. I have the audio file where it should be, what should I be doing exactly?

I don't know, if the Audio folder in the right folder isn't playing all routes music, maybe somethings wrong with the music files... The music however is your standard basic Pokémon games' music... While you're playing, ignore the fact there is no music in some areas while I work on a fix.

The fix will not be available until ---- gets back from holiday though, so enjoy the game as is so far.

Thanks for downloading.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I gotcha I figured I'd at least let you know if anything. Its been forever since I posted on this thread and I'm happy to see the game's come together so well as it has so I can wait however long it takes for the audio problems to be resolved.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
That's good to know, thanks for letting me know, some people are getting audio problems, but either it plays or it doesn't... Yours is another variation lol.

I'm aware of a certain bug at the start, it doesn't stop you from playing, but report any unusual activity, spellings or happenings you come across so they can be fixed.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
After toying with the game again I see I do get audio, but on occasion the audio fails again. I do have my sound on when this happens, at times music plays other times it doesn't, so there's something up with the audio most definitely.

Also I get a crash on occasion when I pause to bring up the save button. This is happening when I meet Melanie after I meet Nic in Roughneck City, after I aquire my starter pokemon. It could be due to the lag in the area but I dunno (the crash says it somehow relates to the pokedex or at least the axtion of hitting "X", I dunno) if that helps.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
After toying with the game again I see I do get audio, but on occasion the audio fails again. I do have my sound on when this happens, at times music plays other times it doesn't, so there's something up with the audio most definitely.

Also I get a crash on occasion when I pause to bring up the save button. This is happening when I meet Melanie after I meet Nic in Roughneck City, after I aquire my starter pokemon. It could be due to the lag in the area but I dunno (the crash says it somehow relates to the pokedex or at least the axtion of hitting "X", I dunno) if that helps.

Thanks, can you post the error.

I need a little more information than that, are you in normal mode or NuzMode? Which starter did you pick? Did you look at the menu straight away? Because I cannot replicate an error and I can beat down on the 'X' button repetitively with no error and the last time a pause menu error appeared was something to do with having an Egg in your party, do you have an Egg in your party?

I think it has been pointed out by ----, that since NuzMode was added, which I added into an older version of the game (which was a mistake on my part), some older errors reappeared, that were previously fixed... Which again need to be re-fixed... But I forgot which errors they were...

As for the lag, you're right, Route 02 and Roughneck City seems to produce lag for no reason which I cannot fix and I honestly have no idea why, I've tried many things but none work... As far as I'm aware, this is the only area which produces such lag.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Oh yeah I knew I forgot something. This is in normal mode (I despise nuzlocke personally), and here is the actual error.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Okay thanks... So the actual problem is when you open the PokéDex, right? Because the line here is referring to something to do with the PokéDex.

I personally hate Nuz too, but I want to hit all audiences at a push of a button.

EDIT: Can you just not use the PokéDex until an update is available please

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Yes that is precisely right, I'm certain now it happens only when I try to open the pokedex.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Thank you... Let me know if you find any more.
Enjoy the game.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
It may be a bit tricky with the pokedex acting this way but I'll do what I can. At least the starters always have the same nature so it wont be hard to get what I want again anyhow if I have to reset the game.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Yeah, your starter is your best friend... I powered through the first 4 hours of the game with my starter... They will have the ability to be "changed" during the game due to the bond between you both.

I reiterate once more, if anyone should download and play... DO NOT use the PokéDex for the time being, I will finish what I'm editing and add a temporary download for everyone with the fix...

Also, Ninjasamurai (I forgot your name sorry), can you please PM me your Trainer ID again, I've miss placed it.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
The constant apperances by legendary pokemon is starting to really annoy me, especially in the town with the first gym...

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Oh my! I can't believe not one person has bothered telling me about that the little cheaters lol... Upon chatting to a few, they pretty much all thought it was a testers thing... It's not, it's bad scripting on my part, that shouldn't be in that version at all... This is what happens when you test things yourself... Right, so I'm going to upload a next version with bug fixes and error fixes, including this one... Keep an eye out here.

Please all... Start a new game when the download is here.

UPDATE: Version 0.3 is available now temporary download here

Last edited:
Back