• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon: Dregs Demo version 1.0 is released!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I've seen a bunch of people wanting to do Trashlockes of various games, so I figured I would make a game that can ONLY be played as one! And now, after almost a year of development time, we have our first official demo!

That's right: all the terrible, useless Pokémon that we've come to hate and disregard, all in one place. In this game, the only Pokémon available to you will have a base stat total of 475 or less (some exceptions may apply). Only a few have had their stats changed, mainly to incorporate some Dragon-type Pokémon and a couple fan-favorite worst of the worst. Taking place in a brand new area called the Detritus region, you set off on a novel adventure that is full of "fun" and "excitement" the likes of which you've never experienced! And hopefully never will again!

But be careful...Some people aren't too happy with their terrible native Pokémon; they might want to import some from different regions in order to take control of the Detritus region and exterminate all the crap, including your team!

Can you assemble a party to be the best of the worst in the Detritus region? Are you able to utilize all those that have been cast aside and neglected? And will you be able to harness the power of friendship to overcome the sheer statistical power of Team Supreme? Good luck!

Download link

Some screenshots are included below!

Features include:
    Spoiler:

This game is a work in progress, so please take note of any bugs, glitches, or balancing issues that you may find and let us know by PM or by joining our Discord server: https://discord.gg/vSSrCeF6mz

IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO TRY A NUZLOCKE FOR THIS GAME. TRY IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

The Team includes:
    - Myself (Grit3694) - Director, writer
    - Ardeghno - Spriter, artist
    - Hystrucgon - Spriter, artist
    - Karthi - Developer
    - Retekcorp - Developer

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Attachments

• Pokémon: Dregs Demo version 1.0 is released!
      ss1.PNG
      39 KB · Views: 74
      ss2.PNG
      30.5 KB · Views: 64
      ss3.PNG
      56.5 KB · Views: 50
      ss4.PNG
      124.3 KB · Views: 57
      ss5.PNG
      47.2 KB · Views: 60
      ss6.PNG
      33.1 KB · Views: 51
      ss7.PNG
      64.6 KB · Views: 45
      ss8.PNG
      48.9 KB · Views: 42
      ss9.PNG
      106.1 KB · Views: 37
      ss10.PNG
      36 KB · Views: 39
      ss11.PNG
      61.9 KB · Views: 41
      ss12.PNG
      81.7 KB · Views: 37
      ss13.PNG
      40.7 KB · Views: 32
      ss14.PNG
      36.8 KB · Views: 37
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    I laughed at the premise and thought "gonna check it out" xD

But after downloading all I got was the message "RGSS-RTP Standard not found" and couldn't play the game.

Should I have done something other than downloading and clicking on "game"? Any help? =)

Karthick__

Pokemon Fan Game Developer
    Years
    I laughed at the premise and thought "gonna check it out" xD

But after downloading all I got was the message "RGSS-RTP Standard not found" and couldn't play the game.

Should I have done something other than downloading and clicking on "game"? Any help? =)

Yeah there are two ways to fix this:
    1.Install Rgss-Rtp for RPG maker Xp on your computer
    Here:
    https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/run-time-package

2.Extract the game and Change game.ini
    Open in note pad and make change like this and save:
    Pokémon: Dregs Demo version 1.0 is released!

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Thanks!
    I was able to start playing after doing the second way.
    Sugestion: Write that in the first post =)

About the game: So far it's been fun!
    I defeated the 1st gym so far - haven't done much.
    But there's a overpowered fellow that has been helping me a lot:
    Spoiler:

So yeah, been having fun ^^
    Take care!

Karthick__

Years
    Thanks!
    I was able to start playing after doing the second way.
    Sugestion: Write that in the first post =)

About the game: So far it's been fun!
    I defeated the 1st gym so far - haven't done much.
    But there's a overpowered fellow that has been helping me a lot:
    Spoiler:

So yeah, been having fun ^^
    Take care!

Thanks for playing and give feedback, yeah Chatod is really strong.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Finished the demo and I enjoy the idea of the game. My team was:

Sudowoodo - Lv 30
    Arbok - Lv 28
    Zangoose - Lv28
    Pelipper - Lv29
    Numel - Lv30
    Simisage- Lv31

I have a question regarding base stats because my pokemons stats don't match up with what they should be, for instance Simisages Atk and SpAtk base stat is the same but it seems like his SpAtk and SpDef have been swapped which is a good change was just confused. There were a few others I noticed changed but I assume they were done intentionally to make the pokemon more viable/usable which in a game where you only use less appreciated pokemon it makes sense. The only other critique I have is that the early routes between cities are a bit sparse of trainers and the level curve is a little wacky meaning I had to grind a bit or abuse the xp system from later gens switching everyone in to all gain the full xp.

But overall I think it's a decent start and look forward to seeing it completed as I enjoyed having to find other ways to push through the gyms than brute force. My most common strategy involved Pansage's leech seed along with Ekans glare/intimidate and then if needed combine that with rocky helmet Sudowoodo dealt with any physical threat. So yeah as I said I enjoyed it so please continue with it and good luck.

Last edited:

Karthick__

Years
    Finished the demo and I enjoy the idea of the game. My team was:

Sudowoodo - Lv 30
    Arbok - Lv 28
    Zangoose - Lv28
    Pelipper - Lv29
    Numel - Lv30
    Simisage- Lv31

I have a question regarding base stats because my pokemons stats don't match up with what they should be, for instance Simisages Atk and SpAtk base stat is the same but it seems like his SpAtk and SpDef have been swapped which is a good change was just confused. There were a few others I noticed changed but I assume they were done intentionally to make the pokemon more viable/usable which in a game where you only use less appreciated pokemon it makes sense. The only other critique I have is that the early routes between cities are a bit sparse of trainers and the level curve is a little wacky meaning I had to grind a bit or abuse the xp system from later gens switching everyone in to all gain the full xp.

But overall I think it's a decent start and look forward to seeing it completed as I enjoyed having to find other ways to push through the gyms than brute force. My most common strategy involved Pansage's leech seed along with Ekans glare/intimidate and then if needed combine that with rocky helmet Sudowoodo dealt with any physical threat. So yeah as I said I enjoyed it so please continue with it and good luck.

Thanks for your feed back, and congrats for finish the game, yeah sure we will release another update very soon.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Yo

I second drshocktapus's opinion:
    The only other critique I have is that the early routes between cities are a bit sparse of trainers and the level curve is a little wacky meaning I had to grind a bit
    I think this is specially true between the firts and second gyms. The 2nd gym leader uses pokemon at about level
    Spoiler:
    but the wild pokes nearby are only levels
    Spoiler:
    (plus there aren't many trainers).
    So it was a pain to win and right after you fight the
    Spoiler:

Another thing: I wish I could've gotten a sun stone earlier because in the first beach (West of desert town) you can catch Sunfloras - and I chose to maintain my Sunkern because I thought I was gonna get a sun stone at some point (unfortunately at the end of the demo hahaha).

Another suggestion: a speed up button. All games benefit from having one =)

But despite that, it was a really fun experience! It's weird to not see magikarp anywhere you fish hahaha
    My final team was:

Lvl 29 - Chatot
    Lvl 29 - Numel
    Lvl 29 - Panpour (decided not to evolve until learns Acrobatics)
    Lvl 30 - Arbok
    Lvl 30 - Sunflora
    Lvl 30 - Manectric

So yeah, keep up the good work ^^
    Take care!

Karthick__

Years
    Yo

I second drshocktapus's opinion:

I think this is specially true between the firts and second gyms. The 2nd gym leader uses pokemon at about level
    Spoiler:
    but the wild pokes nearby are only levels
    Spoiler:
    (plus there aren't many trainers).
    So it was a pain to win and right after you fight the
    Spoiler:

Another thing: I wish I could've gotten a sun stone earlier because in the first beach (West of desert town) you can catch Sunfloras - and I chose to maintain my Sunkern because I thought I was gonna get a sun stone at some point (unfortunately at the end of the demo hahaha).

Another suggestion: a speed up button. All games benefit from having one =)

But despite that, it was a really fun experience! It's weird to not see magikarp anywhere you fish hahaha
    My final team was:

Lvl 29 - Chatot
    Lvl 29 - Numel
    Lvl 29 - Panpour (decided not to evolve until learns Acrobatics)
    Lvl 30 - Arbok
    Lvl 30 - Sunflora
    Lvl 30 - Manectric

So yeah, keep up the good work ^^
    Take care!

Thank you for your feed back, yeah your correct there is not enough trainers , we surely add some of them, Panpour after evolve after acrobatics?, I will change that thank you..

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Panpour learns Acrobatics at level 31 (according to Bulbapedia) so I was waiting for him to learn to then evolve it (since, from what I understood, he stops learning moves when he evolves).

But I finished the demo before that (level 29), so ended up not evolving it =)

Also, think about a speed up button ^^
    Take care!

Karthick__

Years
    Panpour learns Acrobatics at level 31 (according to Bulbapedia) so I was waiting for him to learn to then evolve it (since, from what I understood, he stops learning moves when he evolves).

But I finished the demo before that (level 29), so ended up not evolving it =)

Also, think about a speed up button ^^
    Take care!

Yeah sure, I missed the speed up

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Thanks for the feedback so far, going to try to address a few points here!

The early game balancing has been tricky for us to get right, because we tried to not do the thing where every Pokemon game has a town right after the starting town that is basically useless. We are trying to speed up the early game, but that's given us less space for levelling up in between. There's an area on the second route behind Cut trees with a couple stacked trainers for easy EXP, but maybe we can add some more and adjust the levels of wild Pokemon a bit more.

We went with that bird Pokemon early because it was unique compared to all of the other early-game bird Pokemon, but yeah if you don't get one with that move then it isn't nearly as useful!

As for the base stats, I had some oddities as well when I played; my Hitmonchan's Special Attack was as high as its regular Attack for some reason! Maybe the order of the stats got changed in the files when we upgraded versions, but we'll check it out. We only changed a few base stats, and even those changes were small just so they would be under the BST of 475 for a couple fan-unfavorites.

Thanks for playing, everyone! We'll keep working on it, it's been a blast so far!

Chaaldnox

GreenEyed_Golem
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2022
    Is there an increased shiny rate because I stumbled upon this on route 403.

Back