• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Electrum 3

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I can't open my Pokedex, I get an error.

Also the town with the Blissey Barn, the event with Elaine keeps repeating.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    What error is showing when you try to open the Pokedex?

Pokémon Electrum 3

Also, why is the Blissey Barn 100k? I knew there would be a fee, but 20K seems more reasonable to me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    Hello! Here with a bug report!

I noticed that the security guard before you encounter Cerulean is not the greatest at his job, following the cutscene, he stands an extra square in front of the entrance, letting you wander right back inside.

On the other hand, once you do enter the Hotel California Unknown Dungeon, you cannot leave, because he suddenly remembers that placing his back to the cave with potentially murderous Pokémon is the very model of modern measures to save the general population.

With Escape Ropes not working either, the player is doomed, doomed I say!

Which is a shame, I managed to get something like 8 levels for my team, before finding out my character would not live to enjoy those levels... so I did it again (got to confirm that the bug happens the same way, after all), and got about 12 levels before blacking out and recovering at the Pokémon Center!

Another item that may or may not be a bug, the game lets you use items on Pokémon that will not be affected by them (Potions on fainted Pokémon, Status cures on the healthy).

Thanks for the game, it has been quite fun thus far!

Years
    Hello! Here with a bug report!

I noticed that the security guard before you encounter Cerulean is not the greatest at his job, following the cutscene, he stands an extra square in front of the entrance, letting you wander right back inside.

On the other hand, once you do enter the Hotel California Unknown Dungeon, you cannot leave, because he suddenly remembers that placing his back to the cave with potentially murderous Pokémon is the very model of modern measures to save the general population.

With Escape Ropes not working either, the player is doomed, doomed I say!

Which is a shame, I managed to get something like 8 levels for my team, before finding out my character would not live to enjoy those levels... so I did it again (got to confirm that the bug happens the same way, after all), and got about 12 levels before blacking out and recovering at the Pokémon Center!

Another item that may or may not be a bug, the game lets you use items on Pokémon that will not be affected by them (Potions on fainted Pokémon, Status cures on the healthy).

Thanks for the game, it has been quite fun thus far!

Thank you for the report!

Just had a look at the Route 4/Cave error and his walking route at the end of the little event is indeed off by one! Sorry about that.

I can't seem to replicate the item bug on my end but the Escape Rope is one I never even thought about, I will have to learn how to make them work because I don't think Dig will work either, I recall having to walk out of several places now... Imagine it's some weird variable thing, since not all of the maps are on the same ID. Thanks for finding this one for sure!

I'm glad you are enjoying!

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    For the Escape Rope, could you go old-school, and have it take you back to the last Pokémon Center?

After accidentally-on-purpose testing what happens if you faint, the game seems to handle taking you back to the last Center (mostly) okay. Using the same method, but checking to see if an Escape Rope was used, and not taking money in that event, could be a way to go.

Will see if I can attempt to use items on non-applicable targets again in a bit, just raided the Amazon Fulfillment Center Rocket base, and need to take a quick break!

Edit: I tried again with the items, I found I did not quite word it correctly the first time. The items are not "used," but what happens is the game lets you try. The game goes, "[player] used [item]," followed by "it won't have any effect," costing the player a turn.

Last edited:
    Years
    For the Escape Rope, could you go old-school, and have it take you back to the last Pokémon Center?

After accidentally-on-purpose testing what happens if you faint, the game seems to handle taking you back to the last Center (mostly) okay. Using the same method, but checking to see if an Escape Rope was used, and not taking money in that event, could be a way to go.

Will see if I can attempt to use items on non-applicable targets again in a bit, just raided the Amazon Fulfillment Center Rocket base, and need to take a quick break!

Edit: I tried again with the items, I found I did not quite word it correctly the first time. The items are not "used," but what happens is the game lets you try. The game goes, "[player] used [item]," followed by "it won't have any effect," costing the player a turn.

There may be a way to do that, actually. In Electrum 2, I had the Phone item to replace Fly.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I got an error when Porygon tried to learn Pixel Burst. After clearing the error prompt the game pretty much froze.
    Pixel Burst was classified as normal but I'm thinking it's supposed to be digital.

Years
    I got an error when Porygon tried to learn Pixel Burst. After clearing the error prompt the game pretty much froze.
    Pixel Burst was classified as normal but I'm thinking it's supposed to be digital.

The internals are showing it is listed as Digital-type, can you show me the error message? That's the first piece of the puzzle I always need.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    The internals are showing it is listed as Digital-type, can you show me the error message? That's the first piece of the puzzle I always need.

Pokémon Electrum 3

The error itself......

Pokémon Electrum 3

And proof the game sees Pixel Burst as Normal Type.

Also how do I get Slowking, Porygon B, Porygon Z and Magnezone???

Last edited:
    Years
    Pokémon Electrum 3

The error itself......

Pokémon Electrum 3

And proof the game sees Pixel Burst as Normal Type.

Also how do I get Slowking, Porygon B, Porygon Z and Magnezone???

Just had a look, seems we're both right on the typing error. Internally, it is showing Digital-typing and it has the description and everything. But, in the actual game it is showing just as your screenshot shows where it is showing up Normal-type. It also lacks information on the move screen, despite all data being there. Hm... I'll have to really look at this one, I've found an article with nearly the exact same error listed so hopefully it's an easy fix. Sorry you are dealing with this issue.

Edit: For whatever reason, Pixel Burst is the only move out of the five I added that is doing this. It worked for the first two games, so surely the problem can't be too hard for me to solve. If it is a simple text error, I will let you know and you would only need to download and replace one file instead of whole game.

Slowbro to Slowking at Lv37.
    Porygon2 to PorygonZ with a Heart Stone or to PorygonB with Shiny Stone.
    Magenton to Magnezone with Shiny Stone.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Thirty seconds after my reply, I managed to solve the problem! Posted download link for you on the main page, just paste into PBS folder and replace that file!

The error was due to me leaving out the word "special", which in turn caused everything to go awry.

Err. I still got an error with the move.

Does Porygon 2 try to learn Pixel Burst as soon as it evolves from Porygon? Because that's when the error occurred again. If not, I'll try leveling up Porygon beyond level 30 and then try to teach Pixel Burst to Porygon 2 later.

Years
    Err. I still got an error with the move.

Does Porygon 2 try to learn Pixel Burst as soon as it evolves from Porygon? Because that's when the error occurred again. If not, I'll try leveling up Porygon beyond level 30 and then try to teach Pixel Burst to Porygon 2 later.

I believe so. The test I ran did not teach the move by level-up, so it is possible this is another error. Try out the Move Tutor in Celadon and if you get an error message, snap a shot of it for me please.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    Back again with more shenanigans to report! 😅

A bit south of Cerulean City, when you are approaching it from the Day Care, there is a message that pops up, thanking the player for playing the version 1.0 Beta.

Also in Lavender Town, there is a bug/feature that you may or may not want to keep. When playing with the child, activating the bush he hides in will spawn an additional copy of the child.

Edit #1: After leaving the bypass, and completing Sabrina's monologue, the Rocket Grunt reappears several squares to the left of his original position, until the player resets the area by leaving.

Edit #2: If leaving out the Paralyze Heals before reaching Celadon City, with its Full Heals, was deliberate, that was Evil!

Last edited:
    Years
    Back again with more shenanigans to report! 😅

A bit south of Cerulean City, when you are approaching it from the Day Care, there is a message that pops up, thanking the player for playing the version 1.0 Beta.

Also in Lavender Town, there is a bug/feature that you may or may not want to keep. When playing with the child, activating the bush he hides in will spawn an additional copy of the child.

Edit #1: After leaving the bypass, and completing Sabrina's monologue, the Rocket Grunt reappears several squares to the left of his original position, until the player resets the area by leaving.

Edit #2: If leaving out the Paralyze Heals before reaching Celadon City, with its Full Heals, was deliberate, that was Evil!

Thanks for these!

Had forgotten about those tiles on Route 5, just made an edit for later.

The thing in Lavender is intentional, just in case someone were to save during the event and reopen the game. The boy will revert to off-map and player would be stuck in ghost land.

Will have to replay Sabrina's event and see what's up there, sounds like I miscounted steps.

Don't understand Edit #2 about Paralyze Heals? You can still buy them at PokeMarts. I have not been evil since Riga Village Gym 😏

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    Thanks for these!

Don't understand Edit #2 about Paralyze Heals? You can still buy them at PokeMarts. I have not been evil since Riga Village Gym 😏

I have never seen any Paralyze Heals in my playthrough thus far, in Marts or as item drops. Just made it to Celadon City after taking a break to replace most of my team with some of the "Eeveeloutions," and am only now able to cure Paralysis thanks to the Full Restores and Full Heals there.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    It does not look like the last comment saved my attachment, so here is what I can buy from Lavender Town.

Edit #1: ...Uh-oh. There is some witchcraft going on with the guarded entrance to Saffron. I belatedly noticed that going west to east, from Celadon to Lavender town had me skip the field and Route 10, instead I was sent to the guard you should encounter going from Route 9 to Saffron...

Talking to the guard sends you to Route 9, which isn't too bad, but I found that because you enter the guarded building on the left side, you can end up in Saffron before you are supposed to!

Time to see what else breaks, glad I saved shortly before doing this! 😆

Edit #2: Okay, the Springleaf Field-Route 10 guardhouse sends you to the Saffron-Route 9 guardhouse when you enter it from the west, even after clearing Team Rocket out of Saffron. It looked like I could have left Saffron, popping out around Diglett's Cave... but I never have been a fan of Rock Tunnel, even if your version is shorter (thank goodness for that, by the way)!

No trouble results entering the guardhouse from the east, the transition occurs correctly, allowing you to continue on to the Route 11-Springleaf Field guardhouse.

Attachments

• Pokémon Electrum 3
      mart_menu.png
      39.2 KB · Views: 7
    Last edited:
    Years
    It does not look like the last comment saved my attachment, so here is what I can buy from Lavender Town.

Edit #1: ...Uh-oh. There is some witchcraft going on with the guarded entrance to Saffron. I belatedly noticed that going west to east, from Celadon to Lavender town had me skip the field and Route 10, instead I was sent to the guard you should encounter going from Route 9 to Saffron...

Talking to the guard sends you to Route 9, which isn't too bad, but I found that because you enter the guarded building on the left side, you can end up in Saffron before you are supposed to!

Time to see what else breaks, glad I saved shortly before doing this! 😆

Edit #2: Okay, the Springleaf Field-Route 10 guardhouse sends you to the Saffron-Route 9 guardhouse when you enter it from the west, even after clearing Team Rocket out of Saffron. It looked like I could have left Saffron, popping out around Diglett's Cave... but I never have been a fan of Rock Tunnel, even if your version is shorter (thank goodness for that, by the way)!

No trouble results entering the guardhouse from the east, the transition occurs correctly, allowing you to continue on to the Route 11-Springleaf Field guardhouse.

Thanks for clarifying. I see now what you mean, all of the heals except Paralyze are available. Don't know why that is, it's pre-programmed to have them available once you have 2 badges. I will have to add in a new salesman.

Fixed the gate warp problem on my end, so if anyone runs into this problem before I can upload the fixes--- From Saffron, go south and then west to Route 16. You'll end up back by Vermilion.

Back