• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Elysium (GBA)

Days
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
So I think I might have found a bug: I beat leader 1 and now my menu doesn't open for anything I load on the rom.

Days
  • Age 36
  • Seen yesterday
Updated to version 2.0.0 😀

Changelog
  • New Pokémon have been added (refer to the Excel sheet in the download link).
  • All Mega Evolutions of the game's Pokémon are now available.
  • Added some alternate forms of Pokémon. (Hisuian & Alolan)
  • Several previously existing Pokémon, such as Charmander, Squirtle, Abra, Aerodactyl, etc., are now available to the player.
  • Difficulty/grinding balancing adjustments. Items like Exp. Share and Lucky Egg are accessible way earlier in the game. Rare Candies can be found more frequently.
  • A couple of side quests and new areas to explore have been added.
  • Move Tutors and in-game trades have been enhanced.
  • New overworld sprites and improvements to tilesets.
  • New intro.
  • A few spelling and grammar errors have been corrected (I'm doing my best with that one, trust me).
  • That Menu graphic glitch was finally fixed (a big thanks to the creator of HexManiacAdvance for this fantastic tool!).

Days
  • Age 18
  • Seen Feb 11, 2024
Hi, I encountered an issue on mGBA where the Cycling Road attendants don't allow you to get on Cycling Road-- even after it opens. The player isn't allowed to get on the bike inside the area that leads to Cycling Road, so the attendant just doesn't let you through. I patched over a FireRed v1.0. Also, this was on the version right before 2.0
It also seemed that biking in general had some strange behaviors such as "Moonwalk" biking in areas where you were biking entering, presumably not supposed to be biking there, and then a cutscene plays. This reloads the area and you're still on the bike visually but you have the movement properties of walking/running and also you bike backward when "running."
On another note, I really enjoyed this hack! Although it was a lot longer than I expected, there were certainly a lot of really cool notes. I do feel as though it would be beneficial to the player to unlock Fly a lot earlier than you do since there's a ton of backtracking in the early-middle portion of the game when you get to Astrantia. I am excited to try out the 2.0 changes and I respect the balancing adjustments, there are some significant jumps in difficulty at certain points rather than feeling like a steady curve. Also, it was a bit silly to see some trainers with L54 Zigzagoons, though I anticipate that hasn't changed.
Anyway, all in all, really awesome hack! The effort you put in shows and I really enjoy how it plays more similarly to a traditional RPG compared to normal Pokemon games.
Thanks for making this and releasing it.

Days
  • Age 36
  • Seen yesterday
Thank you very much for playing and for your kind comments! :smile:

Initially, getting FLY was even later, with the player getting it around Karyap Monastery and it has eventually been moved almost an entire chapter earlier. But I see your point. The second half of the 1st chapter is taking place in and around Astrantia and technically speaking there are several scripts that are activated when you do the backtracking. I could have developed it a bit better and give FLY to the player even earlier, I admit. Thanks for the feedback.

CB1

Days
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Hey, first I want to say that the story you've made is truly great! And the leveling is great, much more interesting when the mon's get closer to lvl 100. I've got an issue though, I cannot get back to Amaira Island and the Volcano by interacting with the ship in the Alabasta harbour. Do you know what I need to do, or if it is a bug? Is it fixable? Cannot get Regirock if I can't go back there.

Days
  • Age 36
  • Seen yesterday
Hey, first I want to say that the story you've made is truly great! And the leveling is great, much more interesting when the mon's get closer to lvl 100. I've got an issue though, I cannot get back to Amaira Island and the Volcano by interacting with the ship in the Alabasta harbour. Do you know what I need to do, or if it is a bug? Is it fixable? Cannot get Regirock if I can't go back there.

Hello! Thanks for your comment!
Unfortunately, you can't return to Amira isles once you have resolved the pirate quest there. But your effort wasn't for nothing since, with the green shard you can catch the rest of the regi-golems.

CB1

Days
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Hello! Thanks for your comment!
Unfortunately, you can't return to Amira isles once you have resolved the pirate quest there. But your effort wasn't for nothing since, with the green shard you can catch the rest of the regi-golems.
Thanks! I ended up going back to an older savestate, it wasn't too much backtracking anyways. The game freezes when you try to interact with the top left ship in the harbour though, so I would perhaps remove or fix the scripting on it? Didn't cause too much issues but I have seen somewhere that you should be able to get back to the island by doing that.

Back