• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack [Complete, v1.11 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    View attachment 154343
    Fourth run through of the game, had a lot of fun trying to use weird pokemon I wouldn't normally
    From Left to Right:
    Choice Specs Exploud - While its Sp.A is quite low, Exploud's signature move Boomburst can hit absurdly hard with Specs, combined with its signature move which makes Normal type moves hit ghosts, makes it a reliable trade against enemys not running Fighting type coverage.
    Dragalge - Not too interesting in my opinion due to it lacking Venoshock to work well with toxic spikes, still hits quite hard with adaptability Draco Meteor. Worked as a switch in on fighting type moves for Exploud
    Z-Dewgong - I did not expect Dewgong to be one of the most important pokemon on the team. Here are a couple of its uses: Revenge killer with dual STAB priority, Encore into Flip Turn to bring teamates in very safely, Sheer Cold as an instant kill, along with the general high power of Z-Sheer Cold (180 BP). My favorite thing it did was during the Glacia fight at the end of the game, switching this thing in against Galarian Darmanitan's Ice Spinner, since it would be locked into a 8X INNEFECTIVE move thanks to the ability Thick Fat and have to switch out since it would have to hit Dewgong like 20 times, letting me switch in whatever I wanted with Flip Turn.
    Expert Belt Azumarill - I have done this three times before, Huge Power boosted coverage and priority on a semi-bulky pokemon
    Air Ballon Drapion - So the creator gave this pokemon Wicked Strike, Urshifu's signature move that always crit. Drapion has Sniper, which makes all crit damage 100% instead of 50% extra damage. And Drapion has good bulk, with a weakness that can be removed with Air Balloon. Anyways this bucko was integral to the team, in particular setting up Toxic Spikes to help Azumarill and especially the last pokemon Beedrill turn enemys into mush.
    Mega Beedrill - The main damage dealer in the team, BUSTED attack and speed at the expense of any bulk (I don't think he lived more than three attacks the whole game). Adaptability turns Poison Jab into a nuke, Fell Stinger insures that you get a bigger boost than Swords Dance whenever he switches in on an injured opponent, and Drill Run rounds out coverage. Several gyms, along with Champion Wallace, were essentially sweeped by just this one pokemon.
    I have to say maneuvering around Beedrill was very fun, since it is not The fastest pokemon in the game, and several gym leaders either were double battles or had faster pokemon. In particular the psychic gym, where both Mega Alakazam and Deoxys outsped. My favourite however was working around Sidney's Yveltal in the elite four, since it could not be fought by Beedrill since its Sucker Punch instantly killed.
    Ranking for each of the pokemon are as follows:
    Beedrill
    Drapion
    Dewgong
    Exploud
    Azumarill
    Dragalage
    Really if dragalage had Venoshock it'd probably be higher
    Thank you for making this Hack 👍👍👍
    Okay, I've seen some pretty unique runs, but I'm not sure any team can top this one for awhile lol. Dewgong being the most important on a team is not something I'd expect to see in writing, but it seems like you really got creative with its utility! That coupled with Exploud and Dragalage, kinda viewed as "lesser" mons usually, probably makes this look (at least on paper) as a self-imposed difficulty spike. All the thanks to you for playing this as much as you did and sharing your wonderful feedback. It's a truly gratifying feeling!
    How do I get Rayquaza's mega stone?
    You'll need to complete the Zenith quest, which is unlocked automatically in v1.03 and v1.04 when you beat the game.

A small update for everyone!
    I'm working as hard as I can to get v1.05 out. The goalposts have kind of moved a bit, but essentially the Battle Factory and Battle Tower have been pushed back to v1.05. In the meanwhile, I'm looking to add 10 more quests to the game to add new challenges and things to see. I'm hoping I can get it out soon, but below is a preview of some of the new quest content you can expect soon :)

Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack  [Complete, v1.11 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack  [Complete, v1.11 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack  [Complete, v1.11 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]

Days
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Okay, I've seen some pretty unique runs, but I'm not sure any team can top this one for awhile lol. Dewgong being the most important on a team is not something I'd expect to see in writing, but it seems like you really got creative with its utility! That coupled with Exploud and Dragalage, kinda viewed as "lesser" mons usually, probably makes this look (at least on paper) as a self-imposed difficulty spike. All the thanks to you for playing this as much as you did and sharing your wonderful feedback. It's a truly gratifying feeling!

You'll need to complete the Zenith quest, which is unlocked automatically in v1.03 and v1.04 when you beat the game.

A small update for everyone!
    I'm working as hard as I can to get v1.05 out. The goalposts have kind of moved a bit, but essentially the Battle Factory and Battle Tower have been pushed back to v1.05. In the meanwhile, I'm looking to add 10 more quests to the game to add new challenges and things to see. I'm hoping I can get it out soon, but below is a preview of some of the new quest content you can expect soon :)

View attachment 154361
    Thx a lot man, much appreciated

blitz_2k

Kabe
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    What do you use to patch the game? I tried with LIPS and NUPS and wasn't able

Days
    • Seen Mar 2, 2024
    Is it possible to teach Azumarill Belly Drum somehow? I tried the "change moves" option and breeding (poliwag [m] and azumarill [f]) and none have worked 😭

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Is it possible to teach Azumarill Belly Drum somehow? I tried the "change moves" option and breeding (poliwag [m] and azumarill [f]) and none have worked 😭
    The Marill family does not currently get Belly Drum in this version of the game; apologies for that!

Days
    • Seen Mar 6, 2024
    Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack  [Complete, v1.11 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]

Pokémon Emerald Horizons v1.04

Introduction
    If you want to skip me pouring my heart out, you can go to the Features section followed by the Documentation and Patch section.
    Pokémon has always been at the forefront of my hobbies. When I was younger, I loved crafting teams for different Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, and really any Trainer that could be designated as a "boss battle." The idea of creating a game of my own was never really a thing until I played games like Pokémon Unbound (skeli, ghoul), Radical Red (soupercell), and Inclement Emerald (Buffel Saft). These hacks are among what I consider the best Pokémon experiences. My love for these games centers around a few commonalities: these games all feature a diversity in Pokémon you can obtain, these games are all on a sophisticated, modern battle engine, and - most importantly - they all offer a considerable degree of challenge, further showcased in their brilliant boss battles. The concept of "boss battles" never really stopped appealing to me, and I knew that after playing these games that I wanted to create my own game as well. Given the vast amount of resources selflessly created by this community (in particular, RHH, DizzyEgg, and PRET), I set out to create a game with a few key principles in mind:

• Difficult, but fair. On a scale of 1-10, with vanilla being a 1 and Radical Red being a 10, I would say this game sits at a 6.
    • Feature alignment with modern entries in the series
    • Streamlining the player experience

Specifically related to point three, while I do find enjoyment in competitive battling, I could never really find enjoyment in worrying about EV training, maxing out IVs, or catching a Pokémon with the optimal nature. Similarly, the need to grind tirelessly for experience is something I doubt the average player would enjoy.
    The project was designed so that the player can quickly achieve what they want to do from a teambuilding perspective while still holding them accountable with an enhanced difficulty.
    While the game adds a considerable amount of new features, the game's primary identity is a difficulty hack.
    To be frank, I wanted to make the type of Hoenn experience that I would be satisfied playing. While the game mostly follows the vanilla Emerald storyline, you'll find new Trainers to battle and new things to do!
    In consideration of the above, I am proud to share with the community Emerald Horizons, my Emerald difficulty hack.

Features
    Many of the features below are either inherent in the RHH's pokeemerald-expansion branch or possible due to the tireless work of the contributors in the Simple Modifications Directory (credited at the bottom of the post)!
    The key features of this game include:

• Difficulty Related: Set Mode, Level Caps, and Disabled Battle Bag
    • Most Gen 1-8 Pokémon are obtainable, including Hisuian forms
    • Modern Battle Engine, with Fairy-Type, Mega Evolution, Updated Moves, and Physical/Special Split
    • Loads of optional boss battles, with 8 Kanto Gym Leaders, 8 Johto Gym Leaders, and a few miscellaneous bosses who reward valuable items
    • Exp. All
    • Bosses and mid/late game Trainers scale to or relative to your strength, so grinding/overleveling isn't a factor
    • Updated move animations, courtesy of Skeli and ghoulslash
    • No EVs/IVs/Natures factored into stats
    • 75 TMs, with about 50% vanilla TMs and 50% custom TMs
    • Ghoulslash's DexNav (12 unique land/5 unique surf/5 unique fishing encounters); hold A to creep!
    • PSF's Quest Menu UI, with 30 Side Quests to Complete
    • Buffel's Poké Vial implementation
    • Ghoul's Item Description Headers
    • Badge-Based Poké Marts
    • HMs don't need to be taught
    • Original Team Rocket storyline!
    • Level Cap Window updates as you progress
    • No more annoying fishing minigame
    • BW Repel System
    • Unlimited use TMs/Forgettable HMs
    • Nicknaming and Move Relearning in Party Screen
    • Decapitalization
    • Slateport City Level Grinder to quickly hit Level Cap
    • Linking Cord for most trade related evolutions
    • Post-Game Boss Rush Mode
    • 2.5x Lucky Egg
    • Premier Ball Bonuses
    • No poison damage in the overworld

Level Caps, as with most games, are tied to badges. You can see the Level Cap in game by pressing Start, but they're below for reference:
    Spoiler:

As noted above, while most Gen 1-8 Pokémon are obtainable, certain species can not be caught in the game. This primarily pertains to Legendary/Mythical Pokémon. The list of currently unobtainable Pokémon is below.
    Spoiler:

Screenshots
    Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack  [Complete, v1.11 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]

Documentation and Patch
    I've created a repository to access both documentation related to the game and the patch itself.
    Documentation consists of an encounter sheet for all locations, the evolution.h file, and an item guide.
    I am a strong advocate for playing the game blind, but they are available for those who are searching for a particular thing.
    As for trainer documentation, I do not currently have any intention to create anything of that nature. I think part of the challenge is not knowing what to expect.
    However, if upon feedback there is a desire for such a thing, it may happen in the future.
    You can access the folder and download the patch HERE.
    I use Floating IPS to patch, but any patcher should do the trick just fine. You'll also need to have an 1986 - Pokémon Emerald (Trashman) ROM.

Hall of Fame
    Below are the final teams that cleared the Elite Four from the community!
    I hope to continue populate this more with runs completed by community members (seriously, send your teams)!

Runs:

Other Hall of Fame Runs:
    Spoiler:

Run statistics can be found here.

Upcoming Content! (v1.05)
    View attachment 154365View attachment 154366View attachment 154367

Before You Ask
    • Hidden Abilities are obtained either via DexNav or using an Ability Patch, which comes after a certain amount of badges
    • While you'll see a Nature in the Summary Screen, I promise you it is not calculated into your overall stats!
    • Some movesets have been adjusted accordingly. For example, Tyranitar can relearn Dragon Dance. This is to avoid the need to grind out egg moves.
    • As a caveat to the above, it is important to note that not all egg moves were added to learnsets.
    • Certain Pokémon received "buffs" or "nerfs" in their movesets/learnsets, but nothing major has been changed.
    • If you don't know how to evolve it, chances are you just need a Linking Cord.
    • To Mega Evolve, hit the Start button before selecting a move.
    • There is no way to turn off Exp. All, as this ensures your team scales in accordance with the game's difficulty.

Known Bugs
    Presently, the only bug that has been discovered has been related to Neutralizing Gas interacting with terrain-setting abilities. In the near future, Neutralizing Gas will temporarily be disabled due to the fact that the extent of problems it can cause is not fully yet known.

Credits
    (If I missed anyone, please let me know immediately)!
    PRET - pokeemerald
    DizzyEgg - Battle Engine, Pokémon Expansion
    RHH - pokeemerald-expansion
    ghoulslash - DexNav, Item Description Headers, Move Animations, contributing to original Quest Menu
    StargazaART - Title Screen and Diantha Trainer! Seriously, check their Twitter! Fantastic work and person to work with.
    skeli - Move Animations, contributing to original Quest Menu
    PSF - Quest Menu
    TheXaman - Debug menu for incredibly fast testing
    Lunos - Exp. All
    PokemonCrazy - Type Effectiveness in Battle
    Buffel Saft - Poké Vial
    Clara-Dragon - Original Ultra Wormhole Sprite
    Poffin Case and Kyle Dove - Leon Trainer Sprite
    kumquat - Alder RSE composition
    Wobb and Aveontrainer - Cynthia Overworld
    Kaneblaise - Cynthia Trainer Sprite
    Christopher "Nova" Foss - Miror B. Midi Arrangement
    Aveontrainer and BurstXShadowsX - Gen 2 Gym Leaders and HGSS Team Rocket sprites
    Contributors of Simple Modifications Directory/pokeemerald Tutorials, including AsparagusEduardo, HunarPG, Lunos, Tyler Scarff, and more - Numerous QOL features
    The kind RHH community - AsparagusEduardo, Salem, Lunos, DizzyEgg, SBird, Archie, MGriffin, shinydragonhunter, Grunt Lucas, and anyone else I've had to bother for help
    where is link

Days
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024

Pokémon Emerald Horizons v1.04

Introduction
    If you want to skip me pouring my heart out, you can go to the Features section followed by the Documentation and Patch section.
    Pokémon has always been at the forefront of my hobbies. When I was younger, I loved crafting teams for different Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, and really any Trainer that could be designated as a "boss battle." The idea of creating a game of my own was never really a thing until I played games like Pokémon Unbound (skeli, ghoul), Radical Red (soupercell), and Inclement Emerald (Buffel Saft). These hacks are among what I consider the best Pokémon experiences. My love for these games centers around a few commonalities: these games all feature a diversity in Pokémon you can obtain, these games are all on a sophisticated, modern battle engine, and - most importantly - they all offer a considerable degree of challenge, further showcased in their brilliant boss battles. The concept of "boss battles" never really stopped appealing to me, and I knew that after playing these games that I wanted to create my own game as well. Given the vast amount of resources selflessly created by this community (in particular, RHH, DizzyEgg, and PRET), I set out to create a game with a few key principles in mind:

• Difficult, but fair. On a scale of 1-10, with vanilla being a 1 and Radical Red being a 10, I would say this game sits at a 6.
    • Feature alignment with modern entries in the series
    • Streamlining the player experience

Specifically related to point three, while I do find enjoyment in competitive battling, I could never really find enjoyment in worrying about EV training, maxing out IVs, or catching a Pokémon with the optimal nature. Similarly, the need to grind tirelessly for experience is something I doubt the average player would enjoy.
    The project was designed so that the player can quickly achieve what they want to do from a teambuilding perspective while still holding them accountable with an enhanced difficulty.
    While the game adds a considerable amount of new features, the game's primary identity is a difficulty hack.
    To be frank, I wanted to make the type of Hoenn experience that I would be satisfied playing. While the game mostly follows the vanilla Emerald storyline, you'll find new Trainers to battle and new things to do!
    In consideration of the above, I am proud to share with the community Emerald Horizons, my Emerald difficulty hack.

Features
    Many of the features below are either inherent in the RHH's pokeemerald-expansion branch or possible due to the tireless work of the contributors in the Simple Modifications Directory (credited at the bottom of the post)!
    The key features of this game include:

• Difficulty Related: Set Mode, Level Caps, and Disabled Battle Bag
    • Most Gen 1-8 Pokémon are obtainable, including Hisuian forms
    • Modern Battle Engine, with Fairy-Type, Mega Evolution, Updated Moves, and Physical/Special Split
    • Loads of optional boss battles, with 8 Kanto Gym Leaders, 8 Johto Gym Leaders, and a few miscellaneous bosses who reward valuable items
    • Exp. All
    • Bosses and mid/late game Trainers scale to or relative to your strength, so grinding/overleveling isn't a factor
    • Updated move animations, courtesy of Skeli and ghoulslash
    • No EVs/IVs/Natures factored into stats
    • 75 TMs, with about 50% vanilla TMs and 50% custom TMs
    • Ghoulslash's DexNav (12 unique land/5 unique surf/5 unique fishing encounters); hold A to creep!
    • PSF's Quest Menu UI, with 30 Side Quests to Complete
    • Buffel's Poké Vial implementation
    • Ghoul's Item Description Headers
    • Badge-Based Poké Marts
    • HMs don't need to be taught
    • Original Team Rocket storyline!
    • Level Cap Window updates as you progress
    • No more annoying fishing minigame
    • BW Repel System
    • Unlimited use TMs/Forgettable HMs
    • Nicknaming and Move Relearning in Party Screen
    • Decapitalization
    • Slateport City Level Grinder to quickly hit Level Cap
    • Linking Cord for most trade related evolutions
    • Post-Game Boss Rush Mode
    • 2.5x Lucky Egg
    • Premier Ball Bonuses
    • No poison damage in the overworld

Level Caps, as with most games, are tied to badges. You can see the Level Cap in game by pressing Start, but they're below for reference:
    Spoiler:

As noted above, while most Gen 1-8 Pokémon are obtainable, certain species can not be caught in the game. This primarily pertains to Legendary/Mythical Pokémon. The list of currently unobtainable Pokémon is below.
    Spoiler:

Screenshots

Documentation and Patch
    I've created a repository to access both documentation related to the game and the patch itself.
    Documentation consists of an encounter sheet for all locations, the evolution.h file, and an item guide.
    I am a strong advocate for playing the game blind, but they are available for those who are searching for a particular thing.
    As for trainer documentation, I do not currently have any intention to create anything of that nature. I think part of the challenge is not knowing what to expect.
    However, if upon feedback there is a desire for such a thing, it may happen in the future.
    You can access the folder and download the patch HERE.
    I use Floating IPS to patch, but any patcher should do the trick just fine. You'll also need to have an 1986 - Pokémon Emerald (Trashman) ROM.

Hall of Fame
    Below are the final teams that cleared the Elite Four from the community!
    I hope to continue populate this more with runs completed by community members (seriously, send your teams)!

Runs:

Other Hall of Fame Runs:
    Spoiler:

Run statistics can be found here.

Upcoming Content! (v1.05)
    View attachment 154365View attachment 154366View attachment 154367

Before You Ask
    • Hidden Abilities are obtained either via DexNav or using an Ability Patch, which comes after a certain amount of badges
    • While you'll see a Nature in the Summary Screen, I promise you it is not calculated into your overall stats!
    • Some movesets have been adjusted accordingly. For example, Tyranitar can relearn Dragon Dance. This is to avoid the need to grind out egg moves.
    • As a caveat to the above, it is important to note that not all egg moves were added to learnsets.
    • Certain Pokémon received "buffs" or "nerfs" in their movesets/learnsets, but nothing major has been changed.
    • If you don't know how to evolve it, chances are you just need a Linking Cord.
    • To Mega Evolve, hit the Start button before selecting a move.
    • There is no way to turn off Exp. All, as this ensures your team scales in accordance with the game's difficulty.

Known Bugs
    Presently, the only bug that has been discovered has been related to Neutralizing Gas interacting with terrain-setting abilities. In the near future, Neutralizing Gas will temporarily be disabled due to the fact that the extent of problems it can cause is not fully yet known.

Credits
    (If I missed anyone, please let me know immediately)!
    PRET - pokeemerald
    DizzyEgg - Battle Engine, Pokémon Expansion
    RHH - pokeemerald-expansion
    ghoulslash - DexNav, Item Description Headers, Move Animations, contributing to original Quest Menu
    StargazaART - Title Screen and Diantha Trainer! Seriously, check their Twitter! Fantastic work and person to work with.
    skeli - Move Animations, contributing to original Quest Menu
    PSF - Quest Menu
    TheXaman - Debug menu for incredibly fast testing
    Lunos - Exp. All
    PokemonCrazy - Type Effectiveness in Battle
    Buffel Saft - Poké Vial
    Clara-Dragon - Original Ultra Wormhole Sprite
    Poffin Case and Kyle Dove - Leon Trainer Sprite
    kumquat - Alder RSE composition
    Wobb and Aveontrainer - Cynthia Overworld
    Kaneblaise - Cynthia Trainer Sprite
    Christopher "Nova" Foss - Miror B. Midi Arrangement
    Aveontrainer and BurstXShadowsX - Gen 2 Gym Leaders and HGSS Team Rocket sprites
    Contributors of Simple Modifications Directory/pokeemerald Tutorials, including AsparagusEduardo, HunarPG, Lunos, Tyler Scarff, and more - Numerous QOL features
    The kind RHH community - AsparagusEduardo, Salem, Lunos, DizzyEgg, SBird, Archie, MGriffin, shinydragonhunter, Grunt Lucas, and anyone else I've had to bother for help
    i gonna check it

Days
    • Seen Feb 6, 2024
    I'm not sure if anyone has asked here but I have the correct stone for Gyarados to hold and hitting start to try and mega evolve but I'm not having any luck here :( loving the rom so far!!

Days
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'm not sure if anyone has asked here but I have the correct stone for Gyarados to hold and hitting start to try and mega evolve but I'm not having any luck here :( loving the rom so far!!
    Could I ask what was the last gym you completed? If you haven't defeated your rival on the route to the Electric Type gym in Mauvile you will not have the Key Item shown in the 2nd image which is required for Mega Evolution. If you can Mega Evolve a little Mega symbol will be visible to the left of the health bar when viewing a pokemon's moves.
    Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack  [Complete, v1.11 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack  [Complete, v1.11 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]

Days
    • Seen Mar 10, 2024
    Thanks so much for making this hack; it's everything I could possibly ask for in a Pokémon game. Only three badges in, and the countless hours of care and attention you so clearly have put into the game are apparent and appreciated. 10/10

I did notice one minor glitch so far in my playthrough I thought I would bring to your attention. In the fight with
    Spoiler:
    , when selecting a move against his
    Spoiler:
    , the effectiveness checks are inaccurately displayed to the player. For instance, if I hover over Hammer Arm, "Fight" turns red as if it would be 0.5x, and hovering over Cross Poison turns "Poison" to green as if it would be 2x. The actual damage calculations when the moves are used seem to be working fine, but for whatever reason this particular typing check treats this Pokémon as if it were Fairy-type.

Additionally, are there any plans to expand the PC storage? I just filled up my 6th box, and hope I don't need to slow down.
    I saw you mention also that you may prepare documentation on the trainers and their parties in the future if people were interested. Did this ever come to be? I agree with your view that the game is best experienced blind and that surprise Focus Sash or unexpected coverage moves are part of the game. It's important to get bodied sometimes. However, in future runs and nuzlockes, I would be immensely grateful to have access to the upcoming teams to more effectively teambuild.
    Final question, is there an Itemfinder/Dowsing Machine in the game? I don't need to know the location if so, I just was surprised to get a different item after the cycling road rival fight.
    Apologies if you've answered these in previous posts.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, everyone! I just wanted to share with the community that v1.05 is officially live. While it is unfortunate, due to the amount of new content in this update, previous save files are not compatible with the new version (your game would likely freeze up or glitch out). v1.05 changed in scope from my previous goal to add a Battle Factory and Battle Tower; that was essentially supposed to be the end state of Emerald Horizons.

This is quite the big update that features numerous changes to trainer teams, ten new side quests, slight modifications to the vanilla story (teaming up with Maxie?), a few new TMs, and small new areas to explore! There's a lot to see, so I do hope you all get the chance to experience v1.05 in its entirety! It's been extensively bug tested (as with every version), but as always, I'm always looking for new finds as well as constant feedback from the community. Thanks for all of your support thus far and I'm looking forward to starting on work for v1.06's milestones in the coming weeks. Here are some photos to give you an idea of some of the new content that is now available on the shared drive. Enjoy!

Thanks so much for making this hack; it's everything I could possibly ask for in a Pokémon game. Only three badges in, and the countless hours of care and attention you so clearly have put into the game are apparent and appreciated. 10/10

I did notice one minor glitch so far in my playthrough I thought I would bring to your attention. In the fight with
    Spoiler:
    , when selecting a move against his
    Spoiler:
    , the effectiveness checks are inaccurately displayed to the player. For instance, if I hover over Hammer Arm, "Fight" turns red as if it would be 0.5x, and hovering over Cross Poison turns "Poison" to green as if it would be 2x. The actual damage calculations when the moves are used seem to be working fine, but for whatever reason this particular typing check treats this Pokémon as if it were Fairy-type.

Additionally, are there any plans to expand the PC storage? I just filled up my 6th box, and hope I don't need to slow down.
    I saw you mention also that you may prepare documentation on the trainers and their parties in the future if people were interested. Did this ever come to be? I agree with your view that the game is best experienced blind and that surprise Focus Sash or unexpected coverage moves are part of the game. It's important to get bodied sometimes. However, in future runs and nuzlockes, I would be immensely grateful to have access to the upcoming teams to more effectively teambuild.
    Final question, is there an Itemfinder/Dowsing Machine in the game? I don't need to know the location if so, I just was surprised to get a different item after the cycling road rival fight.
    Apologies if you've answered these in previous posts.
    Hi, JesseNoEyes! First off, the type-effectiveness in doubles bug is a known cosmetic bug that requires you to essentially "reset" the targeting. This only happens in double battles; essentially, when you target and re-target an opponent, the second instance will be the correct effectiveness. Thanks for mentioning it though, as potential unaccounted for bugs are always good to be aware of.

PC storage is currently not on the upcoming milestones because I am truthfully running out of game space; that's not to rule it out, but to just be transparent about the current milestones. Trainer docs will definitely come after that update, though.

Finally, there is no Itemfinder/Dowsing Machine in game; those hidden items have been phased out for better items in-store and in-field. Feel free to leave any other questions you have here :)

Days
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    Im new to this emulator rom kinda stuff. And this looks interesting. How do i actually get this on my phone?

Days
    • Seen Feb 6, 2024
    Could I ask what was the last gym you completed? If you haven't defeated your rival on the route to the Electric Type gym in Mauvile you will not have the Key Item shown in the 2nd image which is required for Mega Evolution. If you can Mega Evolve a little Mega symbol will be visible to the left of the health bar when viewing a pokemon's moves.
    View attachment 154676View attachment 154677
    Thank you so much I did finally get the item! Honestly I'm just getting stuck for hours at every gym I guess I'm just bad at this game every pokemon has a one hit KO for every pokemon in my party I'm always at max level for the gym and it doesn't matter what type of pokemon they always have the perfect counter it's just super frustrating especially when you have no items to use or way to increase speed if you can't out speed them , you will lose it's just almost a guarantee unless you get lucky and they miss an attack or you hit a critical and I feel like it shouldn't be that dependent on something you can't control

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Still holding out hope that this hack will eventually have following pokemon and a day/night cycle

Days
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Hi there, just wondering something:
    In 1.04, my blaziken had High Jump Kick before Norman, and now in 1.05, it doesn't. What level does Blaziken get High Jump Kick at?

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi there, just wondering something:
    In 1.04, my blaziken had High Jump Kick before Norman, and now in 1.05, it doesn't. What level does Blaziken get High Jump Kick at?
    Hi, so as part of 1.05, some of the mid-game overperformers were slightly modified to get their more broken moves later. As you may have noticed, Blaziken was one of these changes in 1.05. I've gone ahead and uploaded the raw level up learnset file on the drive for future reference, but to answer your question, Blaziken now gets it at 59. Other moves, such as Flare Blitz and Power-Up Punch, were also moved to slightly later levels. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Days
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Hi, so as part of 1.05, some of the mid-game overperformers were slightly modified to get their more broken moves later. As you may have noticed, Blaziken was one of these changes in 1.05. I've gone ahead and uploaded the raw level up learnset file on the drive for future reference, but to answer your question, Blaziken now gets it at 59. Other moves, such as Flare Blitz and Power-Up Punch, were also moved to slightly later levels. Sorry for the inconvenience!
    Ah, dope. Thanks for explaining!

Days
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Thank you so much I did finally get the item! Honestly I'm just getting stuck for hours at every gym I guess I'm just bad at this game every pokemon has a one hit KO for every pokemon in my party I'm always at max level for the gym and it doesn't matter what type of pokemon they always have the perfect counter it's just super frustrating especially when you have no items to use or way to increase speed if you can't out speed them , you will lose it's just almost a guarantee unless you get lucky and they miss an attack or you hit a critical and I feel like it shouldn't be that dependent on something you can't control
    If I might suggest something that greatly improved my enjoyment of the game, do you know about some of the save state tools in the game, if not I'm gonna put a couple of tutorials and screenshots into it, because my enjoyment of the game is much more about figuring out how to use a team of pokemon to unlock a puzzle box than watching the same battle fifty times in a row.

1: Speed Up
    By pressing and holding the Tab button on the left of the keyboard, the emulation of the game speeds up by like ten times as much, meaning you can fast forwards through cutscenes and battle animations and the like.
    2: Save States
    Within the "File" menu on the top left of the game window called Load State and Save State (denoted by red dots in the image on the left)
    By clicking on Save State, you can choose one of nine slots and create a smaller save point, which can be accessed by clicking on the same slot within the Load State box (The Save State box is shown in the image on the right)
    While I can understand not wanting to just save scum through hard battles, I can say that it does not diminish from the difficulty of a lot of the later battles at all, it just makes the difficulty into more of a puzzle box than a constant grind.
    Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack  [Complete, v1.11 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack  [Complete, v1.11 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]

Days
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    This game is not friendly to casual players and it's such a shame, too. I'm interested in the new content, but it's gatekept by unfair mons with impossible movesets. Who the heck starts out a game with a Team Aqua grunt whose mons have elemental fang moves to counter any team? Plus with a level cap, set mode, no items in battle, and other restrictions, it makes the game more frustrating than fun. As another user suggested, you must abuse savestates to win, which defeats the whole point. Please make a "chill mode" for people who want to enjoy the new content.

I'm not banging my head against an Aqua grunt and pray for them to miss attacks just to get past the first boss fight. Please update if the game gets fairer.

Last edited:
    Back