• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Enigma - Chapter One Released Now

Tenshi333

I love Fairy Tail and Fairy types
    Years
    Heyo! The game is super awesome. It's so beautiful and peaceful! It's super well done and I just know I'll complete it many many times. I just have a few questions/complaints/suggestions:

👉Are there bounsweets in the game? Tsareena is my favorite Mon so using her is a top priority of mine, lol. Also, Galarian ponyta? I also love them.
    👉
    Spoiler:

👉Is there a move tutor somewhere around the first gym? I had to fight a litwick but was unlucky to only have mankey and quilava, so I had to improvise and teach fling to mankey using the Hard Stone on the museum to K.O the litwick, since both of my mons had only fighting/normal moves and litwick was flash fire :P
    👉Is there a doc with the modifications/route infos for the players to check? I would very much like if there was so I know where to find my favorites. Although, I understand not doing it yet since it's so early.
    👉When I put the initial clothes on the character (male, don't know for female) the trainer card bugs and shows me a naked version of them. This same sprite appears when I'm in battle. When I changed my clothes, the trainer card showed me the correct sprite, but the battle one continues to be faulty.
    👉I don't think the Run button is properly working... I hit it and it walked the same speed as in the Walking mode, but I'm in the 3x speed so I can't say for certain.
    👉
    Spoiler:

👉Again, after one of my losses, I was sent to the Pokemon Center and got restored. I accidentally clicked to heal my 'mons again but hit the 'no' button. She said something that I couldn't see and shoved me to the spot besides where I was and didn't let me do anything other than save. I think that softlocked me there, so I had to restart from where I left.
    👉There are some underleveled evolution 'mons like Thievul and Raticate that I understand being that way, but there's a kid on the Acacia Hotel that uses a lvl 12 croconaw, is it supposed to be that way?
    👉Completely forgot something: I somehow receive eggs from someone named "John" and they are all wynauts who seem to be somewhat EV trained, since most of them have 31 and high rolls. In my actual account I have only one, but in my previous one I received 4 of them. Is this a bug or easter egg? Lmao

Those are the only one's I remember, so I'll be sure to report any of those if I find them. Otherwise, the game is incredible and I can't wait to play the rest of it. Good luck, MegaMew47

Last edited:
    Years
    Heyo! The game is super awesome. It's so beautiful and peaceful! It's super well done and I just know I'll complete it many many times. I just have a few questions/complaints/suggestions:

👉Are there bounsweets in the game? Tsareena is my favorite Mon so using her is a top priority of mine, lol. Also, Galarian ponyta? I also love them.
    👉
    Spoiler:

👉Is there a move tutor somewhere around the first gym? I had to fight a litwick but was unlucky to only have mankey and quilava, so I had to improvise and teach fling to mankey using the Hard Stone on the museum to K.O the litwick, since both of my mons had only fighting/normal moves and litwick was flash fire :P
    👉Is there a doc with the modifications/route infos for the players to check? I would very much like if there was so I know where to find my favorites. Although, I understand not doing it yet since it's so early.
    👉When I put the initial clothes on the character (male, don't know for female) the trainer card bugs and shows me a naked version of them. This same sprite appears when I'm in battle. When I changed my clothes, the trainer card showed me the correct sprite, but the battle one continues to be faulty.
    👉I don't think the Run button is properly working... I hit it and it walked the same speed as in the Walking mode, but I'm in the 3x speed so I can't say for certain.
    👉
    Spoiler:

👉Again, after one of my losses, I was sent to the Pokemon Center and got restored. I accidentally clicked to heal my 'mons again but hit the 'no' button. She said something that I couldn't see and shoved me to the spot besides where I was and didn't let me do anything other than save. I think that softlocked me there, so I had to restart from where I left.
    👉There are some underleveled evolution 'mons like Thievul and Raticate that I understand being that way, but there's a kid on the Acacia Hotel that uses a lvl 12 croconaw, is it supposed to be that way?
    👉Completely forgot something: I somehow receive eggs from someone named "John" and they are all wynauts who seem to be somewhat EV trained, since most of them have 31 and high rolls. In my actual account I have only one, but in my previous one I received 4 of them. Is this a bug or easter egg? Lmao

Those are the only one's I remember, so I'll be sure to report any of those if I find them. Otherwise, the game is incredible and I can't wait to play the rest of it. Good luck, MegaMew47

Hey! Thanks for your thoughts, and thanks for the compliements! I'll go through each question in order it was asked.
    - In a completed state of the game, all Pokemon will be obtainable! This includes Alolan/Galar, Gen 8, and Legendaries.
    - Sandile's base stats are as follows: HP: 50, Attack: 72, Defense: 35, Sp. Attack: 35, Sp. Defense: 35, Speed: 65
    - There currently isn't a move tutor, but I can change that. What moves would you recommend being teachable?
    - There is not currently a document, but I can write something up that details major changes!
    - The clothing bug will be fixed with the next bugfix update, in addition to some other things.
    - ^
    - ^
    - ^
    - The Croconaw is meant to be this way.
    - This was from a bugfix event. Essentially the Job Board wasn't offering the reward, so I included it for those who already talked to the person (making the reward unobtainable), but forgot to set a limit/cap to it. My apologies. Enjoy your egg army.

Again, thank you for your thoughts!

Tenshi333

I love Fairy Tail and Fairy types
    Years
    Hey! Thanks for your thoughts, and thanks for the compliements! I'll go through each question in order it was asked.
    - In a completed state of the game, all Pokemon will be obtainable! This includes Alolan/Galar, Gen 8, and Legendaries.
    - Sandile's base stats are as follows: HP: 50, Attack: 72, Defense: 35, Sp. Attack: 35, Sp. Defense: 35, Speed: 65
    - There currently isn't a move tutor, but I can change that. What moves would you recommend being teachable?
    - There is not currently a document, but I can write something up that details major changes!
    - The clothing bug will be fixed with the next bugfix update, in addition to some other things.
    - ^
    - ^
    - ^
    - The Croconaw is meant to be this way.
    - This was from a bugfix event. Essentially the Job Board wasn't offering the reward, so I included it for those who already talked to the person (making the reward unobtainable), but forgot to set a limit/cap to it. My apologies. Enjoy your egg army.

Again, thank you for your thoughts!

Heyo, Angie here! No problem! I love helping these fangames and all, so I'll probably keep you informed either here or on Discord.

👍Ah, I see! Good luck on that then! Can't wait to see the whole progress!
    👍Hm, ok, so same stats, got it! I'll think about using it them.
    👍Since it's literally the first town of the game along the first gym, I'd suggest putting those moves you only have for coverage in the beginning of the game, like mud slap, bug bite, counter, mega drain and etc. those weak moves to help out anyone that doesn't catch everything in front of them, really. But in the end just put it if you feel like it's fair, I don't wanna pressure you into anything, lol.
    👍Great! I feel like the best games/hacks are those with detailed info, since it shows the creators really want people to enjoy their games, so seeing you being optimist towards the idea is something awesome! I know I WILL use them if you make them, and I'm sure other people will have a fun time scrolling through them and noticing everything new i the game.
    👍(4X) Ok! Since I already sent my Save File for you to fix, I can only wait in anticipation. Do know that you don't need to hurry up or anything, whenever you feel able to do it I'll be coolio. Take your time and we'll be here.
    👍 Ok. Just thought it was kinda weird to see it there when totodile could be in their place, but you're the boss!
    👍LOL, makes sense since I couldn't findt he couple after doing their errands, so I talked to the guy and probably got it from there as you said. While they have great stats, I'll have to pass on using wobbuffets, lololol.

No problemo! Keep up the great work and I'll wait here

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    On the matter of regional varients, I would reccomend them only being special gifts as opposed to found in the wild, as those are supposed to be unique species found only in certain places after all.

Years
    On the matter of regional varients, I would reccomend them only being special gifts as opposed to found in the wild, as those are supposed to be unique species found only in certain places after all.

yeah that's a good way of going about it! Thanks for the suggestion!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    yeah the alolan forms by definition were the result of Alola's tropical enviornment, similar to how the rare Nei Nei descended from a flock of canadian geese which got lost and stranded in the Hawaiian Islands for example. Likewise galarian meowth is based on the European Wildcat which is currently thought to be the ancestor of all domestic cat breeds. As such it would be sensible that these would be gifts or even like story event pokemon (lets say one was the victim of a smuggling ring for example and it decides to join you out of respect).

roberthavins24

Frost the fox
    Years
    • him
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    hey i found a glitch where when you find that spritzee in the base that you find in the grave yard when you say yes to taking it with you a ting pops up and the game closes

Years
    This game looks great! especially hyped about Gen 8. Question, how far does the 1.5 beta go? I know it says chapter 1, I as just wondering what gym or level that would take the player to roughly?

Years
    This game looks great! especially hyped about Gen 8. Question, how far does the 1.5 beta go? I know it says chapter 1, I as just wondering what gym or level that would take the player to roughly?

Thank you! The current demo takes you up to the first gym, around level 23-25 in levels. However, there's still quite a bit of content and stuff to explore and do.

Years
    Hello mew the mega. But tell me something. Is your game already complete? Because on another site it appears completed to this version 1.3 while here it is in demo I put the link to you. You made two versions of the game, didn't you?

https://pokemonromhack.com/pokemon-enigma.html

No the game is not completed. This site you linked is a fangame phishing site. It makes money based off other people's fan games. I'd recommend you avoid this site at all costs.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    No the game is not completed. This site you linked is a fangame phishing site. It makes money based off other people's fan games. I'd recommend you avoid this site at all costs.

OK I already download games in the past on this site but they never ask me for money. But even on YouTube a lot of people have published your games and they say it is completed to version 1.3 OK I already download games in the past on this site but they never ask me for money. But even on YouTube a lot of people have published your games and they say it is completed to version 1.3 🤔🤔

Years
    OK I already download games in the past on this site but they never ask me for money. But even on YouTube a lot of people have published your games and they say it is completed to version 1.3 OK I already download games in the past on this site but they never ask me for money. But even on YouTube a lot of people have published your games and they say it is completed to version 1.3 🤔🤔

Yeah I'm not sure what to say. They don't explicitly ask you for money, but they do so on ads and website redirects. I would recommend downloading the game through the official link, available on the first post of this thread. Links from that site may be outdated or the game may be altered in a way, incorrectly displaying and showcasing the game.

Years
    A bit of an update on upcoming content, and my goals for the future of the game:

Okay, so Episode One was only rushed a *little* bit. Basically, I'm going to spend a week or so polishing up the content, making sure everything looks nice graphically and doesn't break. (Sorry to those who have had bad experiences with bugs)

I plan on hopefully releasing a new version, including some new quality of like features, such as Challenge Modes (ability to play in a Nuzlocke, Randomizer, SoloRun), and a form of the game that ultimately runs faster (no more lag!) This should maybe come in December, but January at the latest. This version will include the polishes from above, but won't include and new content per se.

...Now as for actual new content. There's quite a bit to do for Chapter Two. There's a handful of maps, sprites, and content to make. I've already gotten started. All of route two is finished (it's slightly bigger than Route One if you remember how big that was). The mapping and sprites should go pretty smooth, but some eventing will get tedious. There's some eventing I'm slightly concerned about being able to pull off, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

All in all, I'll probably be making dev posts like this somewhat often. Hopefully once a week, if things go well. And I'll also be dropping some screenshots and more promotional material coming up soon!

Again, thank you for playing and supporting the game!

-mew

Years
    Pokémon Enigma - Chapter One Released Now

Have a nifty screenshot of a new location in the upcoming content! We've currently got some cool new overworld weather effects, similar to the cherry blossoms in the Screenshot!

Also, be sure to join our Discord for early access to screenshots, and download links. At 300 members, we're going to show some exclusive content that will only be posted there, so don't miss out! Join us here: https://discord.gg/JRW4SbS

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2021
    Seemed to have found a minor glitch. I lost a battle and when I respawned at the pokemon center my following pokemon is gone. I tried a soft and hard reset to get it back but it didn't work. Little help?
    Edit: never mind. I see it's a thing that'll be straightened out next update

Last edited:
    Back