• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon + Evil = Sexist.

Miror B.

"Music!"
    Years
    Warning: Massive Image ahead.

Spoiler:

Every "criminal mastermind" in pokémon is male, according to Bulbapedia. Coincidence? I think not.

In my opinion, females can be criminal masterminds just as much as males can.

Discuss.

Ayselipera

Well at the moment I don't remember any females that were criminal masterminds, but there were females that were almost in that category. Well for instance Giovanni's mother, Madame Boss used to be head of Team Rocket. So I would think that would make her a criminal mastermind at one point. Besides that in the Manga I'm pretty sure Agatha of the Elite Four and Sabrina were evil or had ties with Team Rocket. I personally don't feel that pokemon is sexist, but thats your opinion.

Years
    I don't think it's sexist. It just proves that women have better things to do than attempt to reak havok and ultimately fail xD

Pwned.

But just because they aren't "criminal masterminds" doesn't mean they aren't evil. There are plently of females on the bad side.

I can't really give any examples though, I'm still trying to catch up with the pokemon storyline, both Pokemon Special and Anime.

Axєl

→ enveloping flames;
    Years
    Well, if you think about it, one of the main villians is Jessie. I mean, I know Team Rocket might not count as much anymore.. but she's still up to no good all the time, and wants to be 'evil'. There's also Cassidy, and Mars and Jupiter like Haze said.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Behind every evil man, there's a woman pulling the strings.

Ahem. No, it isn't...there's really no reason for them to make the main antagonist a woman for the sole purpose of knocking this argument down. I almost feel like that's why Cynthia's champion, but...

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Erm... the male gender is usually stereotyped to have a more vicious attitude. Yes, if we think of "criminal mastermind" we do usually think of a male. What Pokemon is doing is that they're sticking to the general concept of criminal masterminds, which is why I believe they've made it all male. They don't have anything against females, it's just that they're going by the general idea of what a criminal mastermind is like.

I think it would be a nice interesting twist if the next mastermind was female. :3
    There were plenty of evil women in Pokemon, like Mrs Ketchum and Misty, Agatha the manga version.

don't forget Jupiter and Mars from DP

Well, if you think about it, one of the main villians is Jessie. I mean, I know Team Rocket might not count as much anymore.. but she's still up to no good all the time, and wants to be 'evil'. There's also Cassidy, and Mars and Jupiter like Haze said.
    Keyword: Mastermind. Mars, Cassidy, and Jupiter all work under a male mastermind.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I always considering J to be a criminal mastermind. After all, she's 1) evil, and 2) not controlled by anyone.​

Poison Master Tox

Fierce Poison Expert
    Years
    You are completely right, it's quite sexist, just as how low the raito is to get a female first pokémon and almost only male rivals. However, the thing is Pokémon is mostly played by guys. I hate that the world is like this, but guys grow up with video-games and action figures while we girls played with dolls. Luckily some of us grew up with Zelda, Mario and all that good stuff but most pokémon gamers are males, thus there are mostly male characters. Oh, and if there were evil ladies they usually make sure to show that the gals are not "completely evil", or make them very hot which in it's own way is sexist. So I'll just let it be like it is and hope someday as many girls as guys will play Pokémon and video-games as a whole.

Back