• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Ferrum

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Love the whole idea of this hack. One thing, maybe a reminder, but i see you put P/D/Pt starters (and other pokemon i suppose) in a Fire Red ROM which is great, but i've seen other hacks with the same thing and there were BIG mistakes like:
    1) sprites were terrible;
    2) graphic errors;
    3) they were overwritten over other pokemon like rattatta or pidgey, so they kept abbilities and PokeDex texts of those pokemon;
    4)And they had a HUGE error, cause they didn't add P/D/Pt moves so that pokemon had big gaps in their movesets and would just skip that moves, so sometimes you could lvl. them up for over 15 lvls. before they learn new moves!!!
    Hope you had that in mind and worked on it. anyway I wish you best of luck on this hack and hope you know we all anticipate this hack!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Love the whole idea of this hack. One thing, maybe a reminder, but i see you put P/D/Pt starters (and other pokemon i suppose) in a Fire Red ROM which is great, but i've seen other hacks with the same thing and there were BIG mistakes like:
    1) sprites were terrible;
    2) graphic errors;
    3) they were overwritten over other pokemon like rattatta or pidgey, so they kept abbilities and PokeDex texts of those pokemon;
    4)And they had a HUGE error, cause they didn't add P/D/Pt moves so that pokemon had big gaps in their movesets and would just skip that moves, so sometimes you could lvl. them up for over 15 lvls. before they learn new moves!!!
    Hope you had that in mind and worked on it. anyway I wish you best of luck on this hack and hope you know we all anticipate this hack!

1.) No u
    2.) What are you talking about?
    3.) :P
    4.) uhh, what?

Those are NOT my problems, I can handle everything just fine and I can edit stuff like Pokedex and new moves are not important. It just ruins the game. :/ Are you talking like I'm some noob who can't even do anything?

Umbreon_

muwahh
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    The hacks looking good Zeffy.

Your hack is presented in a clean way and is very simple.

As for the storyline, features and screenshots all I can say is that it looks good still need some further improvements but I believe you'll get better soon enough.

I'm also impressed with your scripting. Grammar is good.

Good luck ...

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    The hacks looking good Zeffy.

Your hack is presented in a clean way and is very simple.

As for the storyline, features and screenshots all I can say is that it looks good still need some further improvements but I believe you'll get better soon enough.

I'm also impressed with your scripting. Grammar is good.

Good luck ...

:D

Hack Update

Ferrum has been restarted, not because I was lazy, but because the last one had a major bug in it. Anyways, a lot of things will be different in the new Ferrum :D
    Here are a some info about the new Ferrum:

• New Tiles
    • New Scripts, so those old scripts will be different.
    I hope you can bear with me, progress will be slow 'cause I'm going solo in this hack. Anyways, I'm currently doing the title screen. :D

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
    Years
    That is fine... not to be nossy but what type of big bug? I just have found that when a bug happens restarting tends to not fix it. If it is somthing huge then i understand but i have had my fair share of bugs and have been able you fix them via experimentaion. Anyways good luck and i hope the new Ferrum is even better than the original :)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    That is fine... not to be nossy but what type of big bug? I just have found that when a bug happens restarting tends to not fix it. If it is somthing huge then i understand but i have had my fair share of bugs and have been able you fix them via experimentaion. Anyways good luck and i hope the new Ferrum is even better than the original :)

Actually, the bug was caused by me repointing some name data on the ROM, and applied the Decaps patch. Since I was lazy to fix it, I just started again.

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
    Years
    OK, just checking :) anyways good luck

btw i don't know if it is just me but the banner is still not showing up

Umbreon_

muwahh
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    The hack restarted huh?

I expect that it'll be better than before. :>

Good luck ..

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    OK, just checking :) anyways good luck

btw i don't know if it is just me but the banner is still not showing up
    Its CSS, so if you don't have Firefox its better to get it now. :3
    Nice hack Zeffy, keep up the good work. I've played one of your other hacks and i hope this one is as good :P
    Uhh, I haven't even released a single hack ever from before. :\
    Maybe you're talking about someone else.
    The hack restarted huh?

I expect that it'll be better than before. :>

Good luck ..
    Oh, it will...

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Finally, I've had time to work on Ferrum.
    Pokémon Ferrum

I've finished assorting the new features of Ferrum and I can now start mapping. Yay!
    To everyone: This hack is not dead. I will be updating a little later after I map + script. Thanks to the supporters. :)

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
    this is looking good, can't wait to play! i like the idea of the personality test, mostly because it worked well in mystery dungeon

Back