• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Fire Red Inferno

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2017
    Introduction
    Hello guys, my name is Nicolas. This is my first attempt at hacking the game, and it is a fairly simple hack.
    I've always felt that lacked difficult. For instance, a gym leader is, say, lvl. 27 and the trainers in the next route are lvl. 18, maxing out at 19. WHAT? So, i decided to start my fairly simple project of making Fire Red a lot harder.

This hack leaves the storyline completely unchanged, and it aims at difficulty.

Planned Features - Release 1
    - Revamped difficulty, with very challenging gym leaders and Elite 4
    -Wild 's levels and stats changed. Now, they aren't far from your team, which means that you won't have to spend 1 hour grinding only to level up your pokemons to match the Gym Leaders's, and don't have to spend another hour grinding to make your new equal to the rest of the team
    -The trainers in each route had the majority of their changed, along with the stats and the levels.
    -All features above until the end of the game

RELEASE 1.2
    -Fix any glitch caused by Release 1 features.
    -Fix VS. Seeker rematching levels - Release 1 will leave them unedited. Why? Because i don't think many people will use VS. Seeker, since the Wild Pokémon are revamped and the grinding is easier. Release 1.2, however, will edit V.S Seeker.

BETAS, ALPHAS & RELEASES
    Currently, i'm working hard on the first release. And no, i won't focuse in unfinished betas, i'll go to the end right away. The first release will cover the entirety of the game, but will leave a few 'semi-important' things like the V.S. Seeker unedited.

The first release will appear later THIS DAY, so pay attention!'s release date is still unknown, though it'll be really, really soon. Sorry for the failed promise, a few things happened and i had to slow down the project a little bit.

Sorry for possible bad english, English is not my mothertongue.

Last edited:
    Years
    Strictly speaking, the higher-levelled Gym leaders compared to trainers might be more a question of how difficulty is integrated - a 'dampened' progression along with occasional highs to stress plot and so on being their preferred route - than otherwise, but you could of course alter this while increasing levels.

When it comes to altering difficulty, as you also mention trying to cut down on grinding, do you intend on any notable shifts in the movesets used by Gyms and so on? Anyway, a fairly simple project, so I guess we'll see.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2017
    Sorry for the lack of update here, i've gone through a lot recently and i had to slow down the progress. But now, i'm back to full force.
    Currently editing the trainers on Route 14-15, post Koga Gym Battle. I don't know when the hack will be released exactly, since i'm still editing the trainers and i didn't even get started on the Wild yet. However, it can be as soon as tomorrow due to my free time now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2017
    I've finished editing all the trainers. Every boss(major trainers, like Elite Four, Gym Leaders and Rival Battles) now have personalized movesets(Gary's poor moveset in many battles made the game really easy), increased levels and altered stats. I'm pretty sure there will be a noticeable difficulty change.

However, i can't find a good tool to edit wild Pokémon's level & stats. Can someone suggest me one, please, and where to find if possible?

Back