• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Red Plus 2.01 [Completed until further notice]

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    just played this game for almost a week now,
    where to find togepi?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2023
    just played this game for almost a week now,
    where to find togepi?

It's just the same as vanilla, in a gift Egg in the postgame!
    Specifically, in the Water Labyrinth, from a man who will give it to you if you show him a high-friendship Pokémon!

Last edited:
    Days
    • she/her
    • Seen yesterday
    hii i've been playing this and it's great but i just started getting a bug with magneton, first there is a visual bug on magneton (usually appears when he is close to leveling up),
    Pokémon Fire Red Plus 2.01 [Completed until further notice]

and then the game freezes after magneton levels up.

if i switch to another pokemon and magneton levels up off screen then the game doesn't freeze
    i think the pics aren't showing, so i'll leave the link to imgur here https://imgur.com/a/Qvj1qmR

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Will you add the pokemon following feature to the hack? Looking for something close enough to fire red with first 3 gens and following feature like radical red.

hi! did you find something similar? I'm researching something like this. Radical Red is very good but imho is something so far from original FRLG experience - i just would like an hack with 251/386, following pokemon and a bit of QoL.

Days
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    Hello! This is my first post, as well as my first rom hack.

Introduction!
    This is my project for an improved version of Fire Red: Pokémon Fire Red Plus.
    The goal of this project is to improve and re-balance the game, without significantly altering the original experience or the original flavour of the Kanto remakes.
    This is my very first rom hacking project, and it's still a learning experience for me. I consider the game finished for the time being, but I still look forward to support and suggestions.

Major features and mechanics!
    Pokémon Fire Red Plus aims to improve the original experience while mantaining its flavour. If you're looking for a game that includes dozens of new and updated features, this might not be for you. That being said, several changes and updates to the formula have been implemented.
    Spoiler:

Other nifty features!
    Spoiler:

Helpful documentation can be found here.

DOWNLOAD LINK - v2.01
    The game is meant to be patched onto Fire Red 1.1 specifically!

Screenshots!
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Pret - pokefirered disassembly
    Tezemi (pokefirered-updated) - move category icons
    ProfLeonDias - decapitalization for pokefirered
    Several helpful people and tutorials from PokéCommunity in general
    My friends for playtesting and continued development feedback

A huge shout-out has to go to my best friend, dr_krystal! Due to my complete lack of experience in coding and programming, they have been an incredible help in working with me to get this project going. None of this would be happening without them, and I consider them a creator of this project just as much as I am.
    Once again, this is our first project: be kind, but do let us know about problems you might encounter while playing or suggestions that you might have. Just have a fun time!

can you update it so that when a pokemon is learning a new move it tells you if the move is physical or special

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2023
    hii i've been playing this and it's great but i just started getting a bug with magneton, first there is a visual bug on magneton (usually appears when he is close to leveling up),

and then the game freezes after magneton levels up.

if i switch to another pokemon and magneton levels up off screen then the game doesn't freeze
    i think the pics aren't showing, so i'll leave the link to imgur here https://imgur.com/a/Qvj1qmR

Hey, sorry that it's been a while since you reported this. Life's been busy for me and Krys as of late.
    Thank you for bringing this up, looking at it it seems to be an issue related to the custom animation for Flash Cannon.. right now we're looking at this and other technical issues we have with the game and we're planning to eventually do a sort of overhaul to clean things up. Unfortunately at the moment we just don't have much time to do this, hopefully things will free up enough for us sooner rather than later

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2023
    Days
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    Hi !! Loving the work, having fun playing your hack, thank you :)
    Sorry if I missed it, but is there any documentation regarding pkm locations and modified levelup moves ?
    Cheers !

Days
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    I'm probably just being impatient, but how or when are you able to obtain trade evolutions via your so-called "easier" method? I've had a Kadabra for a while now and I'm looking to evolve it before level 40.

Days
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    Great hack! Location list would be great. Can't find Miltank or Celebi or non evolved noctowl, Ariados, Ledian or any of the starters. Also eevee wild encounters would be great. Thanks!

Update: Celebi is the normal roaming beast encounter and I found Miltank in the 6 island Water path 🙂

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Great hack! Location list would be great. Can't find Miltank or Celebi or non evolved noctowl, Ariados, Ledian or any of the starters. Also eevee wild encounters would be great. Thanks!

Update: Celebi is the normal roaming beast encounter and I found Miltank in the 6 island Water path 🙂

Do you know how to get the trade evos via the "easier" method in this hack?

Days
    • Seen Oct 3, 2023
    Hey there! Just a quick question. Where might I find a Squirtle and Bulbasaur? I'm looking to roleplay Red as close as possible with his G/S/C team and would like all 3 starters relatively early.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2024
    Are there any cheat codes that work for this?

The only one I've been able to get to work is an infinite money glitch, but it made the main menu border go all glitchy.

I'm only asking so that I can just essentially buy the coin slot prizes I want. The slots are the one thing I never apologize cheating for.

Days
    • Seen Jan 14, 2024
    Can you update or re-post the link to the documentation please. It is saying the file is unavailable

Days
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    The link provided for documentation seems to not be working for me, could someone help me find something to help? I was mostly curious if things like regional variants and gen 9 mechanics were added, as well as general information about important trainer battles.

Days
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Hello! This is my first post, as well as my first rom hack.

Introduction!
    This is my project for an improved version of Fire Red: Pokémon Fire Red Plus.
    The goal of this project is to improve and re-balance the game, without significantly altering the original experience or the original flavour of the Kanto remakes.
    This is my very first rom hacking project, and it's still a learning experience for me. I consider the game finished for the time being, but I still look forward to support and suggestions.

Major features and mechanics!
    Pokémon Fire Red Plus aims to improve the original experience while mantaining its flavour. If you're looking for a game that includes dozens of new and updated features, this might not be for you. That being said, several changes and updates to the formula have been implemented.
    Spoiler:

Other nifty features!
    Spoiler:

Helpful documentation can be found here.

DOWNLOAD LINK - v2.01
    The game is meant to be patched onto Fire Red 1.1 specifically!

Screenshots!

Spoiler:

Credits:
    Pret - pokefirered disassembly
    Tezemi (pokefirered-updated) - move category icons
    ProfLeonDias - decapitalization for pokefirered
    Several helpful people and tutorials from PokéCommunity in general
    My friends for playtesting and continued development feedback

A huge shout-out has to go to my best friend, dr_krystal! Due to my complete lack of experience in coding and programming, they have been an incredible help in working with me to get this project going. None of this would be happening without them, and I consider them a creator of this project just as much as I am.
    Once again, this is our first project: be kind, but do let us know about problems you might encounter while playing or suggestions that you might have. Just have a fun time!
    Hey i got blank screen while insert name

Back