• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed - RNG Strikes Back

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    Hi everyone.
    I downloaded the latest version of the rom and I tried to play, but it doesn't work with my emulator (VisualBoyAdvance). What should I do?

Mechakhan

OH NOES! A VIRUS HAS BEEN DETECECETD!
    Years
  • I think you should implement modern game mechanics and make the game a little bit nuzlokable

The intent with this ROM hack was to change as little to the original games as possible to make them as faithful to the original games as possible. So this won't happen. Not sure how you would want me to make the game "more nuzlockeable"?

Mechakhan

Years
  • How to download it and play it on my boy ???

sorry i'm not able to patch anything 😣 is there a way to download the already patched rom?? thanks

Hi everyone.
    I downloaded the latest version of the rom and I tried to play, but it doesn't work with my emulator (VisualBoyAdvance). What should I do?

You need a FireRed 1.0 ROM and a program that can apply .ips patch files. I used LunarIPS to create the patch. Ensure that it doesn't say "GameFreak presents" in the opening sequence of the game. If it does you have a FireRed 1.1 ROM. If it only says "GameFreak" and it still won't work, let me know what does not work and please provide details or I cannot help any further.

Please help it is saying user interaction required, what do I do ????????

No idea how to help because I have no idea what you are doing or what is saying that.

Suggestion: You should make pokemon have a 100% chance of being encountered as a shiny whenever you encounter them whilst having no pokeballs (and maybe give them IVs of 31 as well...)

Interesting… 😆

Mechakhan

Years
  • Is it me or stats boost on your pokémon doesn't do more damage on opponent? I mean, i gave an X-Attack to go +1 but didn't change the damage roll.

Did you try to use a powerful attack so that the X Attack would have a clear effect on the damage output, and did you also try using multiple X Attacks? Might look into this myself when I have time.

could u make it for emerald too?

I think this would be awesome, but it could be a bit more difficult than implementing it for FireRed because as far as I'm aware there hasn't been as much research into the Emerald battle engine. That being said, I don't really know the current status of Gen 3 ROM hacking since I don't do it much anymore.

Days
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Hi there! I've been trying to HC nuzlocke this, cuz it seems like a fun and interesting challenge, and for the most part it is. There's this interesting tension between just how fuckin ganked the difficulty curve is in fire red and the obvious difficulties induced by the hack. Getting past surge consistently has been a really interesting journey.

However, I find myself vexed at every turn by slight differences between this game and vanilla Fire Red, notably, enemy pokemon /are not the same/. Surge's (and, indeed, other trainers!) Voltorb should be soundproof, not static, Misty's Staryu should never live a level 21 neutral fearow's secret power after Brock's Badge Boost (you can calc it by adding a silk scarf) and, Misty's Starmie doesn't have the Naughty Nature it's supposed to (it sees waterpulse doing more damage than swift when it shouldn't in some cases).

Seems like the enemy mons have been reshuffled a bit, which, in invalidating my documentation, makes this difficult task decidedly less pleasant... Having access to accurate calcs is one of the great advantages of the hack, I know exactly how much damage the enemy will do each turn!

Days
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I've found a positive source of RNG for the player! Wild pokemon can have their rare held items, can 100% confirm vulpix can have rawst berries. Some of these are kinda decent: magnets, twisted, hard stone, or an early sitrus.

E: Got that blasted twisted spoon. Game gave it to me horribly underodds, made me question myself, but no, there it is, just took 40 abra for a 5%. Need it to sure up my Koga strats!

Last edited:
    Back