• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Follow you?

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    This would be an idea, but I think it would be a pretty interesting idea to have a Pokémon follow you. Just like in Yellow, but it can be your starter or whatever Pokémon that is first in your party. Anybody else think this is a good idea?

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I think i'm honestly the only person in the universe (Well, this site at least) who really wasn't all that hung up on the fact that Pikachu followed behind you on Yellow. Sure, at first it was great but the novelty wore out. Not that it was a hindrance as such but once i'd seen all there was to be seen I ended up kind of forgetting he was even there. Plus, I wanted to evolve the little rat into a Raichu. Maybe it was just me.

Sounds a decent idea though having other Pokémon follow you. How would you decide which one would follow you? First in your party or would it just be your starter?

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    Maybe having pokemon walk with you can increase their happiness towards you.
    I still dont get the badges and their obedience thingies, I've never, played through all gen, had a disobedience problem (apart from pikachu in yellow), maybe they should just make a few pokemon distrustful of their masters early on.

But yeah, having your pokemon out should make them trust you etc.
    But what about BIG pokemon? they'd look really weird walking next you as if they were the size of a dog.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Maybe having pokemon walk with you can increase their happiness towards you.
    I still dont get the badges and their obedience thingies, I've never, played through all gen, had a disobedience problem (apart from pikachu in yellow), maybe they should just make a few pokemon distrustful of their masters early on.

But yeah, having your pokemon out should make them trust you etc.
    But what about BIG pokemon? they'd look really weird walking next you as if they were the size of a dog.

thats a great idea Lionsroar
    i would love to pick a poke to follow me

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    The only reason I would object to this idea (at least on the DS) is making the Pokemon look realistically sized. If you have a Pichu follow you around, then mix it up and have Groudon follow you and they're both the standard sprite size, it's just gonna look funny. If they ever put out a Pokemon RPG for the Wii, it might be possible for that game, as long as the developers don't mess it up and STILL depict Pichu and Groudon (and your trainer character) as the same size:/

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    It would be great if they did that. You'd be able to choose which Pokemon followed you, or not to have one following you, and walking would increase that Pokemon's happiness.

While we're hovering over the subject, you should be able to interact with your pokemon more, like playing a game with it or feeding it a treat. You'd have a limit to the number of actions per day and each would have different effects - eg. playing a game would raise happiness but take away some HP. Feeding it a treat would raise happiness a lot but decrease speed. Etc.

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Groundon? That's kinda...different. Giant Godzilla-like monster walking through a highly populated town? Yes please!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    First in your party. That way any Pokémon you like can follow you :P
    Well that would definitely be cool, but I don't think we'll be seeing it any time soon. It was done to relate to the anime, and no other pokemon stays out of its ball other than Pikachu. I would still like to see it though, even if it doesn't make sense :P.

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
    Maybe they could limit it to certain sized pokemon? So if you told Groudon to walk behind you, it would say something like: "Groudon might step on you! Best to keep it in its pokeball!"

Hm... Maybe then Nintendo could actually put a use to the height and size of each Pokemon. Say, if it's double your trainer's size, you can't have it follow you or something like that.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I think that would be pretty cool. Just a new feature on the Pokémon options that says "Follow" or something of the like. XD And then whichever Pokémon had that selected, they pop out of that Monster Ball* and follow the dickens out of ya! =D It'd be so cool to have my Raichu follow me. =3

*Monster Ball = Japanese version of Poké Ball.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    That would be so great!
    But, I think it would only be best like it is on the T.V. On the game it could get annyoing.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2009
    I totally wish this could be real. Man I always wanted this. It would be like, erm which game is it ruby and saphirre where you can go into the flower park and a pokemon follows you :)

Except you could have more than a select few.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    When ya mean walking, do ya mean every other movements as well, such as floating or flying?

I still don't see how a Water Pokémon, like Dewgong could follow ya.

However, if it can be solved in a logical way, then I'll say that this is a great way to improve the game and creates the nostalgia that one gets when playing the older games.

Years
    I wish we could have Pokemon follow us like in Yellow. I loved how Pikachu would follow your character around and you could check its mood ^^

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Groundon? That's kinda...different. Giant Godzilla-like monster walking through a highly populated town? Yes please!
    I was thinking the same thing. Some Pokemon's OW's are just to big to fit down one space halls. I think that the qualifications should be:
    The PKMN should be the first in your party.
    The PKMN should be in it's first evolution form (excluding legendaries).

Back